Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, sorry to here that. Judging by some of the posts over there about Jeeps, I can see how things could have gone sideways on here.

You won't be getting any of that from me, even if I do win the lotto and can afford both vehicles, LOL. I love my Jeep and Jeeps in general.
I may love me some Jeep, but I'm not at all against what is not. My wife is on the reserved list, so I may be parking next to a Badlands, if it ends up suiting her well. I hope Ford takes all of this exorbitant time to turn out a great product.

Life's already filled with far too many unnecessary dividing lines. And that's all that was brought over by those posters. I say, let's all enjoy a common bond in all its various flavors. If everyone was the same, it'd be like only having 1 choice of bumpers. Life would become boring.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread FB_IMG_1608403839007

I'd rather celebrate the differences in life, than rip them apart.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread GlitteringDaringAppaloosa-size_restricted
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I haven't read through this whole thread, but wonder how many folks on here are also members of Bronco6g. I really like the atmosphere of that forum and still visit there from time to time.
I'm over on that site, too. I like checking it out from time to time. Most of those people seem pretty chill; some trolls, as always. This site has plenty of them as we all know haha

Yea, I watched the Car and Driver video/article of the Bronco taking off the doors and roof. Seems pretty similar to the jeep with some improvements, the mirrors staying on the vehicle is a MASSIVE plus in my mind, but not something that's gonna make me ditch my jeep altogether.

I'm still just watching everything play out. I love my jeep, but I just came out of warranty right after I had a weird problem where a chunk of my front drive shaft sheared off. The mechanic couldn't explain it, and it kind of shook me: My brother was in a bad crash that was caused by a front drive shaft shedding material. So, yea... any more weird and scary stuff like that is certainly gonna make me look harder at the Bronco in its initial years.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
The Bronco, when it finally arrives, will be heavily cross shopped against the Wrangler. For those doing rock crawling the Wrangler will remain the obvious choice. For most other uses, the Bronco will be serious competition. That 2.7 turbo in the Bronco is a great engine at an affordable price. Yes - the wrangler has a diesel, hybrid, and v8, all potential great, but with each choice affordability and/ or complexity becomes an issue. After the Bronco has been out a year or so, I will strongly consider if it proves reliable.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don't like the body style. The ones I see at dealers look like Ford Escapes. I also am not a fan of Ford.

What I do want to see is competition for Jeep. I really think we can all agree that higher quality on Jeep, in general, could really go a long way for all of us.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I don't like the body style. The ones I see at dealers look like Ford Escapes. I also am not a fan of Ford.

What I do want to see is competition for Jeep. I really think we can all agree that higher quality on Jeep, in general, could really go a long way for all of us.
Those are the Bronco Sports at the dealers. The "Jeep" competitor is not released yet.

Sponsored

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are the Bronco Sports at the dealers. The "Jeep" competitor is not released yet.
I thought so but wasn't sure (tbh, didn't care). They are still ugly, lol. All I care about is competition for Jeep to get off their asses with quality issues.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I thought so but wasn't sure (tbh, didn't care). They are still ugly, lol. All I care about is competition for Jeep to get off their asses with quality issues.
Oh boy I can't wait for Jeep to fix my Jeep after the Bronco comes out...:giggle:

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh boy I can't wait for Jeep to fix my Jeep after the Bronco comes out...:giggle:
Yeah.. lol. Generally, the competition will encourage competitors to create higher quality products. Wishful thinking, though.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. lol. Generally, the competition will encourage competitors to create higher quality products. Wishful thinking, though.
Wishful yeah, but I think I'll be stuck with my 2018 the way it is. I am looking forward to what Jeep might do to specifically respond to the Sasquatch package. A lift, 35s and a regear right out of the factory would have been nice to have a few years ago.

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I've found that it's impossible to have a rational discussion on pros and cons about competing vehicles on any forum (I'm on b6g as well and it's really the same situation over there). Every other response will be some variant of "Yuck! Mine is better because, um, it's mine!"...

The Bronco will be a fantastic rig. And frankly, it'll be more than capable enough to do the kind of rock-crawling 99% of Jeep owners actually partake in. The reverse is also true: the Jeep will suffice in 99% of "fast-in-the-sand" stuff that the Bronco is all about. That extra 1%-of-the-time capability will be used by so few owners that it's rather silly to fixate on, like 0-60 times or top speed figures on sports cars. Bragging rights that'll have zero impact on your actual use-case.

I owned a 2018 JLUR. I have a 4xe on order and sitting in storage in Toledo. I also have a day 1 Bronco reservation with a fast-approaching order conversion cutoff (still on the fence and was really hoping to see my 4xe first). AND I have a Bronco Sport Badlands on order for the lady. Brand loyalty is childish and dumb. Ditch the endowment effect, don't let a brand define you, buy what you want and enjoy it. Importantly, live and let live. Not everybody's looking for the same things in a vehicle as you are; no need to hate on somebody's choice because it isn't the one you would make.

I'm going to get flamed for this, I'm sure, since this is a Jeep forum. So I'll just unfollow now.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I'm going to get flamed for this, I'm sure, since this is a Jeep forum. So I'll just unfollow now.
You will, yea, but it's not because you said anything irrational. The reality of how this is gonna play out is that both vehicles will be good choices for different people. You'll always have the extreme people on either side whether you're talking cars, politics, or refrigerators. The internet gives a bigger megaphone to those people, so the challenge for the rest of us is keeping to the rational middle ground amidst the amplified noise.

Or don't go on forums like this one. But hey, it has certainly become another form of entertainment lol

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've found that it's impossible to have a rational discussion on pros and cons about competing vehicles on any forum (I'm on b6g as well and it's really the same situation over there). Every other response will be some variant of "Yuck! Mine is better because, um, it's mine!"...

The Bronco will be a fantastic rig. And frankly, it'll be more than capable enough to do the kind of rock-crawling 99% of Jeep owners actually partake in. The reverse is also true: the Jeep will suffice in 99% of "fast-in-the-sand" stuff that the Bronco is all about. That extra 1%-of-the-time capability will be used by so few owners that it's rather silly to fixate on, like 0-60 times or top speed figures on sports cars. Bragging rights that'll have zero impact on your actual use-case.

I owned a 2018 JLUR. I have a 4xe on order and sitting in storage in Toledo. I also have a day 1 Bronco reservation with a fast-approaching order conversion cutoff (still on the fence and was really hoping to see my 4xe first). AND I have a Bronco Sport Badlands on order for the lady. Brand loyalty is childish and dumb. Ditch the endowment effect, don't let a brand define you, buy what you want and enjoy it. Importantly, live and let live. Not everybody's looking for the same things in a vehicle as you are; no need to hate on somebody's choice because it isn't the one you would make.

I think you make some valid and good points.

And, variety is the spice of life.

Another and. No one who thinks, could possibly flame your post.

Cheers, buddy!

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Good points made. I really love both vehicles. Had wanted a Jeep way back, before I got my JK, and was always intrigued by the 1st generation Broncos.

I'm a fan of a lot of 4WD vehicles, but these two fit the category I like the most.

The funny thing is, when folks on 6G would post side by side pictures of two door Jeeps next to Broncos. Most would comment on how much better the Bronco looked, but I personally was still liking the look of some of the Jeeps a little better. They just looked more rugged, and I like that.

In fairness, the Jeeps weren't completely stock, and I really love the retro look of the Bronco a lot. I just got impatient, got a really good deal on my trade in, and found the 2 door JL that I always wanted (configured just like I would have ordered it). I also felt like I had some unfinished business with Jeep since getting rid of my 2 Dr. JK.

I still may jump on a Bronco later down the road, when it's more available and all the aftermarket stuff is caught up. It will be awhile.

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No, it's factual, count the slots, 9 instead of 7.
Yep The Jeep was originally designed and prototype submitted by Bantam Motors but the Government decided Bantam didn't have the Capacity to ramp up and build the needed vehicles. They split the manufacturing between Ford and American Motors, Bantam got the Military trailer as a consolation prize. But the Original GP was designed by Bantam Motors.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I spent some time on the Ford Bronco build site and have to say there are some very nice touches on the new Bronco...It's cool you can get 35's from the factory, the larger mirrors which are mounted a bit more forward and attached to the body are great, the optional 12" touchscreen is nice, the moulded-in roof color is a good idea and who would not like the 10speed auto with 4.7 gears? I think the Bronco will appeal to people looking for a daily driver with better than average off road chops. I do not think it will appeal to those who desire to run 37's or greater nor those who appreciate the virtually endless array of aftermarket upgrades/options offered to the Jeep community. Nor will it appeal to the true hard-core off roader-Jeep owns that market and I do not see that changing anytime soon...

What I do expect is on the JL's midlife refresh (2023?) Jeep will up it's game (even more than from JK to JL) when it comes to creature comforts & interior refinements and likely a few positive mechanical enhancements!

As for me, I am perfectly happy with my Rubi 2-door and will be 100% finished with my build in the next few weeks...Now waiting on Reid Racing knuckles for my new Dana Ultimate 44 w/4.88's, also still waiting on one more JL Audio amp, Borla's Touring Cat Back for the 2-doors and of course the upcoming 37x12.50 load range C BFG KO2's! (gotta go bigger than Bronco's 35's...)

It would take a lot more than Bronco has to offer to make me switch!!
Sponsored