Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 694 61.1%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 232 20.4%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 108 9.5%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 102 9.0%

• Total voters

four low

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
$100 buys even more Faith ; are the "real" Broncos available on lots yet ?? My dealer has the Bronco competitor to the Renegade and Cherokee, and it does look good.

Advertisement

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Interesting poll. I still have my Bronco reservation, but pushed it back to 2022 just in case. I was really excited about it at the beginning, but my impatience, and some things not being available right away made jump on buying a Jeep. The jeep was also much more affordable for me right now.

I had a JK before and always regretted not keeping it. I'm really enjoying my 2 DR. JL, and unless I win the lottery or something else major changes, I will most-likely be canceling my reservation.

I haven't read through this whole thread, but wonder how many folks on here are also members of Bronco6g. I really like the atmosphere of that forum and still visit there from time to time.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't read through this whole thread, but wonder how many folks on here are also members of Bronco6g. I really like the atmosphere of that forum and still visit there from time to time.
Funny, because all they accomplished was making complete jackasses of themselves. I'm glad it seems to have passed, because it was poisoning this great place. I say good riddance.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Funny, because all they accomplished was making complete jackasses of themselves. I'm glad it seems to have passed, because it was poisoning this great place. I say good riddance.
Oh, sorry to here that. Judging by some of the posts over there about Jeeps, I can see how things could have gone sideways on here.

You won't be getting any of that from me, even if I do win the lotto and can afford both vehicles, LOL. I love my Jeep and Jeeps in general.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, sorry to here that. Judging by some of the posts over there about Jeeps, I can see how things could have gone sideways on here.

You won't be getting any of that from me, even if I do win the lotto and can afford both vehicles, LOL. I love my Jeep and Jeeps in general.
I may love me some Jeep, but I'm not at all against what is not. My wife is on the reserved list, so I may be parking next to a Badlands, if it ends up suiting her well. I hope Ford takes all of this exorbitant time to turn out a great product.

Life's already filled with far too many unnecessary dividing lines. And that's all that was brought over by those posters. I say, let's all enjoy a common bond in all its various flavors. If everyone was the same, it'd be like only having 1 choice of bumpers. Life would become boring.
FB_IMG_1608403839007.jpg

I'd rather celebrate the differences in life, than rip them apart.
GlitteringDaringAppaloosa-size_restricted.gif

rallydefault

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I'm over on that site, too. I like checking it out from time to time. Most of those people seem pretty chill; some trolls, as always. This site has plenty of them as we all know haha

Yea, I watched the Car and Driver video/article of the Bronco taking off the doors and roof. Seems pretty similar to the jeep with some improvements, the mirrors staying on the vehicle is a MASSIVE plus in my mind, but not something that's gonna make me ditch my jeep altogether.

I'm still just watching everything play out. I love my jeep, but I just came out of warranty right after I had a weird problem where a chunk of my front drive shaft sheared off. The mechanic couldn't explain it, and it kind of shook me: My brother was in a bad crash that was caused by a front drive shaft shedding material. So, yea... any more weird and scary stuff like that is certainly gonna make me look harder at the Bronco in its initial years.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
The Bronco, when it finally arrives, will be heavily cross shopped against the Wrangler. For those doing rock crawling the Wrangler will remain the obvious choice. For most other uses, the Bronco will be serious competition. That 2.7 turbo in the Bronco is a great engine at an affordable price. Yes - the wrangler has a diesel, hybrid, and v8, all potential great, but with each choice affordability and/ or complexity becomes an issue. After the Bronco has been out a year or so, I will strongly consider if it proves reliable.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don't like the body style. The ones I see at dealers look like Ford Escapes. I also am not a fan of Ford.

What I do want to see is competition for Jeep. I really think we can all agree that higher quality on Jeep, in general, could really go a long way for all of us.

Mikester86

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I don't like the body style. The ones I see at dealers look like Ford Escapes. I also am not a fan of Ford.

What I do want to see is competition for Jeep. I really think we can all agree that higher quality on Jeep, in general, could really go a long way for all of us.
Those are the Bronco Sports at the dealers. The "Jeep" competitor is not released yet.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are the Bronco Sports at the dealers. The "Jeep" competitor is not released yet.
I thought so but wasn't sure (tbh, didn't care). They are still ugly, lol. All I care about is competition for Jeep to get off their asses with quality issues.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I thought so but wasn't sure (tbh, didn't care). They are still ugly, lol. All I care about is competition for Jeep to get off their asses with quality issues.
Oh boy I can't wait for Jeep to fix my Jeep after the Bronco comes out...:giggle:

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh boy I can't wait for Jeep to fix my Jeep after the Bronco comes out...:giggle:
Yeah.. lol. Generally, the competition will encourage competitors to create higher quality products. Wishful thinking, though.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. lol. Generally, the competition will encourage competitors to create higher quality products. Wishful thinking, though.
Wishful yeah, but I think I'll be stuck with my 2018 the way it is. I am looking forward to what Jeep might do to specifically respond to the Sasquatch package. A lift, 35s and a regear right out of the factory would have been nice to have a few years ago.

dudemind

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I've found that it's impossible to have a rational discussion on pros and cons about competing vehicles on any forum (I'm on b6g as well and it's really the same situation over there). Every other response will be some variant of "Yuck! Mine is better because, um, it's mine!"...

The Bronco will be a fantastic rig. And frankly, it'll be more than capable enough to do the kind of rock-crawling 99% of Jeep owners actually partake in. The reverse is also true: the Jeep will suffice in 99% of "fast-in-the-sand" stuff that the Bronco is all about. That extra 1%-of-the-time capability will be used by so few owners that it's rather silly to fixate on, like 0-60 times or top speed figures on sports cars. Bragging rights that'll have zero impact on your actual use-case.

I owned a 2018 JLUR. I have a 4xe on order and sitting in storage in Toledo. I also have a day 1 Bronco reservation with a fast-approaching order conversion cutoff (still on the fence and was really hoping to see my 4xe first). AND I have a Bronco Sport Badlands on order for the lady. Brand loyalty is childish and dumb. Ditch the endowment effect, don't let a brand define you, buy what you want and enjoy it. Importantly, live and let live. Not everybody's looking for the same things in a vehicle as you are; no need to hate on somebody's choice because it isn't the one you would make.

I'm going to get flamed for this, I'm sure, since this is a Jeep forum. So I'll just unfollow now.

Advertisement

D&C Designs

Advertisement