Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Monkeynono

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
All you guys bad mouthing FCA about this a that. Have you actually taken the time to look at Fords record? It isnt all that good. Anyone here had their 6.0 diesel when they first came out? Other examples as well.

With any new vehicle from ANY company a new owner can get jammed into nothing but problems. My bronco was a POS, but my f150 that I still have is a keeper. I LOVE that thing.
Oddly enough the first ten 6.0 were the better of the two versions

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
The point was that looks are going to play a huge roll on the ultimate decision to go with the Bronco or Jeep. If the statistics being thrown around regarding Jeep being more of a “ mall crawler” are accurate then the actual capabilities of either Jeep or Bronco play second fiddle to aesthetics.
You and I can agree on that point. But I think the Bronco looks pretty good. I will withhold final judgement on appearance until I see one in person. I believe that it will look even better in person. Especially in the Cyber Orange. :involve:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
In fact, Ford probably has one of the worst records with all-new vehicle launches among the Big 3.

Following the launches of Fusions, Escapes and F-Series, Ford issued recalls due to fire risk multiple times between 2012 and 2019.

It’s a Ford thing...
Yeah, if people won't buy a Jeep or keep theirs because of quality I get it but a Ford Bronco then isn't the answer for that person either.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I wonder how easy or difficult it will be to lift the new Bronco.

The most common complaint on Toyota Tacoma forums, besides the atrocious automatic transmission and driving position that is, was from owners struggling with front alignment issues after lifting their trucks.

It appears something about IFS makes lifting those trucks a bit tricky. I don’t know if this is something unique to Tacomas or common on all IFS trucks.

Definitely worth looking into before dropping several grand on a new Bronco that then becomes difficult to modify.
It's going to be the same for the Bronco. Because IFS moves on an arc that changes the camber of the wheel lifting it can cause more problems than lifting a solid axle vehicle. In order to maintain the factory alignment specification you need to have all of the mounting points for the control arms lower on the frame in the same approximate location as the factory setup. This usually also requires that the differential is also lowered in order to keep the CV shaft angles working well and not binding. And all of that will only lift it. That still doesn't add any capability. In order to get more travel more components like the A arms themselves have to be replaced adding much more cost. This is also typically work that the average owner won't be able to perform themselves.

Compare this to something like a budget lift for the JL. Daystar makes a spacer lift that includes lower control arms, longer sway bar links, shock extensions and the coil spacers, all for less than 300 dollars. I was able to install it myself without a lift or any special tools in less than 3 hours.

That is something that won't be possible with the Bronco.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thing is, Bronco production is scheduled to start in April 2021. Even if you get your reservation today, by the time the first Broncos hit dealer showrooms, you navigate through dealer markups and fight it out with richer buyers, you are unlikely to get your Bronco before a year from now.

That Wrangler 392 has better chances of hitting dealer showroom sooner.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I was all in for picking up a Gladiator next year, but out JK just suffered a hole in the piston at 100k/6yrs. I know its rare, but it'll take a while to get the bad taste out of my mouth. the prospects of a base 2Door with the Sasquatch group for ~$35k is enticing.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Thing is, Bronco production is scheduled to start in April 2021. Even if you get your reservation today, by the time the first Broncos hit dealer showrooms, you navigate through dealer markups and fight it out with richer buyers, you are unlikely to get your Bronco before a year from now.

That Wrangler 392 has greater chances of hitting dealer showroom sooner.
I am sure there won't be any markups on the Hemi Wranglers. ;)

Sponsored

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!

That Wrangler 392 has greater chances of hitting dealer showroom sooner.
I believe that this was anticipated and calculated on Jeeps part.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure there won't be any markups on the Hemi Wranglers. ;)
True. But at least you can still buy a diesel or a regular Wrangler, or even a Gladiator if you so wish.

Meanwhile, Bronco intenders will still be waiting...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I remember when the Recon was launched a good amount of people were complaining how forum members were knocking Jeep for putting out a fluff special edition. I wonder how those same people feel now? The Recon presently as the top of the line Rubicon trim needs to be upgraded by the time Broncos hit showrooms floors. Jeep should go all out with upgraded axles, 37s, 4.88 gears, a winch and skids from the factory. It doesn’t need to be a V8, it needs to be a legitimate hardcore off-roader from the factory with a warranty to boot.

Jeeps issue combatting the Bronco is not the Wrangler itself but it’s bloated options and lack of value in comparison. They could make up on most of this by upgrading straight from the factory and creating better option packages.