Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 manual
We are a 2 jeep family....and the wife really likes the bronco, so maybe a one and one, wonder if they are going to go the order direction so you can get exactly what you want like the jeep. Little disappointed about the towing, but that's the same feeling on the JL.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the videos and from what I got out of them, the new Bronco turns you into a rock climber?
Not quite sure of where you're coming from or going to with that question.

All I saw was it seemed to excel while going fast through mild terrain. As far as it went through the rocky areas, it basically took the bypasses while still lifting wheel after wheel. Really any kind of mild dip will get wheel lift out of the short arm front end.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
If it were out last fall when I bought my '18 JLU I definitely would have taken a look. I don't plan to do much serious off-roading so the IFS on the Bronco would actually probably be better for me in the long run for ride quality, but I don't really have any issues with how my Sport S Unlimited rides or handles. A little tighter steering on the highway would be nice, though.

Don't really feel the need to seriously entertain the Bronco for at least several years since I really am not eager to eat the depreciation from the Wrangler anytime soon. I'm glad it's out and I'm sure it'll poach some sales from the Wrangler and force FCA to invest further into improving the JL or launch a "JM" chassis early.

The styling is pretty awesome (I really like both cars but the Ford definitely seems more concept car vs. the classic JL styling) and the Sasquatch package is awesome that you can get it on any trim. That's a pretty big thing that Jeep will need to reconsider what sort of performance stuff it offers. Restricting it to an expensive Rubicon trim might change.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Kudos to Ford for investing billions in developing a vehicle with such a low niche market. If Ford can nail the quality, reliability and the after-the-sale dealership experience, Jeep will be in trouble.
Apparently, Bronco's frame is based on the next Ranger pickup. So they are saving some money there.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Kudos to Ford for investing billions in developing a vehicle with such a low niche market. If Ford can nail the quality, reliability and the after-the-sale dealership experience, Jeep will be in trouble.
Your joking, right? I hope.

The trend of wanting a more capable daily driver has been growing like a brush fire over the last few years. Cars are getting increasingly outnumbered by SUV's. And now that "everyone" has an suv, the masses are now wanting that go anywhere rugged look. That's what has caused the explosion of wranglers seen everyday. But, the vast majority also want their rugged go anywhere vehicle to also drive like the suv that they used to look bad ass in.

Ford actually invested in what appeals to the largest segment of consumer base.

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
Competition will make Jeep better. I would bet that Jeep has all sorts of plans in place now that the Bronco is released to stay competitive. The Wrangler is their profit leader, something, they can't afford to ignore.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I just looked at everything the bronco has...

I must say jeep needs to overhaul some things.

Just the base bronco already has more “features” than my base sport. You can add lockers to it and 4.7 gears.

It’s gonna be interesting to see what jeep does in the next few years in terms of power train and features cause there’s definitely things bronco just out Jeep’d jeep on.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
This is an update to my reply from yesterday. I've seen some of the interiors they offer on the bronco. The black with brown leather is really nice. Even the white interior was pretty cool. But that black and tan is primo.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looked to me like they used a fair bit of momentum to get over the small ledges....and admittedly, the IFS soaked those bumps up well. Will it be any good in a real rock garden? Remains to be seen, but I have my doubts. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though....
Ok, so I'm not alone in my thinking about how long it would take that, before something inevitably pops. If it wasn't getting treated like a rental, but like the person paying for it, we would've seen just how high those wheels would've wanted to go. The same for potholes on a fire road.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a long commercial for it the other day and it looks pretty nice.
Sponsored