Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
@JeepCares
better be paying attention to this thread....the new bronco makes TREMENDOUS power and w/o paying a premium for that. The 392 Hemi option really shouldn't have to cost us that much considering you can buy a brand new motor for $8500. The offset for not putting in the pentastar engine should SUBTRACT $5000 from that price; but, reasonably so there will be a need for a larger cooling element, etc...bigger drive train, larger knuckles, and chromoly axle, along with HD ball joints.... I REALLY hope it does not cost that much more. B/c the prices of the upgraded bronco with 35" tires is VERY reasonable....

JEEP better not keep their noses to the air b/c I as an avid jeep owner, am seriously considering now the bronco which undoubtedly will drive better than the Jeep JL on road, the bronco will have better MPG (it's just a fact b/c of the eco boost), and better power (this is already known).

So @JeepCares if you really care about keeping us, step up your game and don't be snooty about raising prices on the Hemi, it should be AT COST as an upgrade and not just one trim level like a raptor which is idiotic. Many of us WILL jump ship b/c the bronco I guarantee is going to have LOTS of aftermarket support....guaranteed.

To the fellow jeep owners, these guys collect data on social media and forums... please stop saying "I'll pay whatever" for the Hemi option. You won't if they charge $20 k more than the rubicon and I guarantee that's what they are thinking....BC the reality is only a handful will do that b/c only a handful can afford that.

BUT many of us can certainly afford the 35" tire options on the bronco. Again FORD is coming strong. Jeep and FCA MUST bring their game and at a REASONABLE price.... PERIOD or we will jump ship.... PERIOD

Last edited:

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
360 camera view vs having to have a spotter, etc.
For those who have never used a front view or 360 camera, let me tell you.... they’re phenomenal. I have it on my current Raptor. Previous Raptor was front view only, but adding the 360 was a substantial improvement. Very easy to use... very easy to get used to... very accurate course projection guide lines. It’s a great option to have.... just sayin...

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S

Sponsored

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I have 2 Jeeps...a 2013 Lifted 2 Door on 35" and a 2020 JLU Willys, and I love both Jeeps, but I have to admit, the Bronco looks awesome. I would generally not buy a first year product launch, but by 2023, my 2013 will be 10 years old, and I may just look at the 2 Door Bronco as an option. I would not be surprised if Jeep owners have both a Bronco and Wrangler. I will always be a Jeep fan, but I have to admit, Ford did a good job and its great to see competition. I'm curious to see if Toyota will create a new body on frame SUV to replace the FJ Cruiser and/or 4runner.

JeepColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
@JeepCares
better be paying attention to this thread....the new bronco makes TREMENDOUS power and w/o paying a premium for that. The 392 Hemi option really shouldn't have to cost us that much considering you can buy a brand new motor for $8500. The offset for not putting in the pentastar engine should SUBTRACT $5000 from that price; but, reasonably so there will be a need for a larger cooling element, etc...bigger drive train, larger knuckles, and chromoly axle, along with HD ball joints.... I REALLY hope it does not cost that much more. B/c the prices of the upgraded bronco with 35" tires is VERY reasonable....

PLUS the specifications of interior dimensions of the 4 door bronco are ROOMIER! Especially the 2nd row hip room...I mean wow BIG difference sorry....

JEEP better not keep their noses to the air b/c I as an avid jeep owner, am seriously considering now the bronco which undoubtedly will drive better than the Jeep JL on road, the bronco will have better MPG (it's just a fact b/c of the eco boost), and better power (this is already known).

So @JeepCares if you really care about keeping us, step up your game and don't be snooty about raising prices on the Hemi, it should be AT COST as an upgrade and not just one trim level like a raptor which is idiotic. Many of us WILL jump ship b/c the bronco I guarantee is going to have LOTS of aftermarket support....guaranteed.

To the fellow jeep owners, these guys collect data on social media and forums... please stop saying "I'll pay whatever" for the Hemi option. You won't if they charge $20 k more than the rubicon and I guarantee that's what they are thinking....BC the reality is only a handful will do that b/c only a handful can afford that.

BUT many of us can certainly afford the 35" tire options on the bronco. Again FORD is coming strong. Jeep and FCA MUST bring their game and at a REASONABLE price.... PERIOD or we will jump ship.... PERIOD

I think you nailed it! I'm one of those who in the past have said I'd pay $15 -20K more for a factory Hemi, but that was before the Bronco.

@JeepCares take a look at my CJ by my username- look at my 2020 Rubi below that already has an ARB Bumper, Dual Air Compressor and drawer system, Warn Winch, Rhino Rack, Rigid lights.....yeah, I'm a JEEP guy. I watched that reveal last night and walked out and looked at my Rubi and for the first time ever looked at one of 7 Jeeps I've owned and thought about trading it in for a Ford.

All of these people on here who've said Jeep has nothing to worry about are dead wrong- I sure hope Jeep doesn't see it that way.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread IMG-1145.JPG

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how easy or difficult it will be to lift the new Bronco.

The most common complaint on Toyota Tacoma forums, besides the atrocious automatic transmission and driving position that is, was from owners struggling with front alignment issues after lifting their trucks.

It appears something about IFS makes lifting those trucks a bit tricky. I don’t know if this is something unique to Tacomas or common on all IFS trucks.

Definitely worth looking into before dropping several grand on a new Bronco that then becomes difficult to modify.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I will be staying with my Jeep Rubicon. Although I am glad to see Ford jumping back into the space, there are a number of reasons I have for this position:
  1. I believe the Jeep Wrangler looks much better and is a classic design that is instantly recognizable, in the same way the Porsche 911 or Volkswagen Bug are as well. It looks aggressive, tough and capable. It supports an adventurous lifestyle through outdoor experiences with almost no limitations.
  2. The ability to remove the roof (in various configurations) and the doors is an awesome capability. Ford was smart to copy this in the new Bronco. I am not sold on storing the doors in the back, but can see it may have some use cases and will be watching how it works long-term.
  3. The history of the Jeep Wrangler has without argument, the greatest backstory in the history of automobiles. When you transport Patton, Eisenhower, MacArthur and other great leaders in the effort to beat back the Nazi's and save Europe from occupation. The Jeep has continued to be manufactured since 1946 and hasn't stopped, making the longest continually produced model in history.
  4. The aftermarket support and options are unmatched and the availability of components and solutions to do whatever you want to do that fits an individuals choice of look (even those that seem to have absolutely the worst taste in the world). I have had the opportunity to research multiple methods to do almost any upgrade and see the pros and cons from others.
  5. My experience with the Jeep community has been the most inviting and supportive of any vehicle I have owned or seen. People trip over themselves to help others who may not have the same amount of experience and owners will continue to work though issues to help someone resolve their issue.
  6. The camaraderie among owners is unmatched and the aftermarket for adventures, Jeep Jamboree and training, is amazing and again without comparison.
I wish Ford all the best with the Bronco and want it to succeed as FCA will have to continue to innovate and improve the Wrangler, which we are already seeing.

Last edited:

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I was hoping it would look better, I did see one model that looked like something I would consider IF it had a SFA. I've already seen one ad with a wheel up in the air. LOL

I tried putting a deposit down on one in hopes the wife might want one but couldnt get thru.

I think my jeep looks like a bad'r ass then the bronco and likely just kills it off roading of the type I do and want to do. But there are some things that I do like on the upper end models.

I like the easier to remove top, but I dont plan on doing this much anyway...still but jeep has a top even easier to remove with a push of a button.

I like the bad arse interior on the one I did like. But my ruby is pretty sweet too. That 12 inch screen with topo's and memory----SWEET
That 2.7 motor sounds amazing but reading about some issues with them...dunno.

It will be interesting to see the high end bronco's on tuff trails. Will they be IFS floppers like the FJ and 4runners and relegate themselve to wheel only with like vehicles to avoid embarassment or will they hold there own against a real wheeler with SFA ....until a cv joint takes a crap and hold everyone up. lol

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
For those who have never used a front view or 360 camera, let me tell you.... they’re phenomenal. I have it on my current Raptor. Previous Raptor was front view only, but adding the 360 was a substantial improvement. Very easy to use... very easy to get used to... very accurate course projection guide lines. It’s a great option to have.... just sayin...
I recently had a rental with a 360 camera; it was awesome. It was very hard going back to a standard backup camera. Ford having this is a definite bonus.

Another positive about the Bronco that it is much roomier than the Wrangler, which is perfect for a daily driver.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
No disrespect to the hard-working guys and gals at JeepCares, but if you guys think JeepCares has much pull inside FCA...think again.
Sponsored