Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 701 61.0%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 235 20.4%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 110 9.6%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 104 9.0%

• Total voters

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’ve never been brand loyal but I really like my Sahara... that will never rock crawl. It’s a possibility for us to end up with another good moderate trail capable vehicle and it seems the Bronco is a contender for that.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
IDK, but I think when my JLU lease is up, this is going to give me a HUGE advantage if I decide to haggle for my 2dr willy.
I don't play for any team.
I like both the JL and the new 2dr Bronco

Competitive options are good for us, maybe dealers will be more willing to go 8% under invoice if there is a good competitor
IFS doesn't bother me at all, unless you need flex for rock crawling, which most people don't.

It comes down to this
If you want a Rock crawler with massive flex your going to go with a jeep.
If your a DD, trail rider, IFS is actually better.

Both to me look awesome, both can go topless/doorless, and both can do the off roading I like to do.

Finally something that doesn't piss me off in 2020

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I don't think we need to be either/or. I love my Jeep and have no intention of getting rid of it. It's practically a 5th family member now. But at the same time, I think Ford knocked it out of the park with the Bronco. Looks like a great vehicle and don't fault anyone who looks seriously at one.

Listen guys, I work in corporate strategy. And something i've observed through the years is that competition breeds innovation. Before the Bronco, the Wrangler was lacking any real direct competitor (don't talk to me about the Defender until there's a convertible option). In fact, I would argue that pre-Bronco the biggest threat to the Wrangler was the Gladiator. So I am glad Ford added a competitive product to the marketplace. It allows them to try new ideas, see what sticks, etc.

rockadile

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Sorry Ford fans but just on the aesthetic side alone, Jeep prevails hands down. Only thing I’d like to see is a hard top with removable sides and to me, that seems like an easy aftermarket or new feature that can be added on upcoming models. So glad I went with my 2020 Rubi.
Folks, by the time this Bronco hits the pavement Jeep will leak out a TON of hints and teasers on upcoming models. This alone will halt folks from making a knee jerk decision to jump over to Ford. Now here’s the big thing AESTHETICS! I don’t care what the Bronco is capable of....If consumers deem the Jeep a better looking off road ride( which it clearly is ), looks WIN! This will simply come down to personal taste. Jeep knew everything this Bronco was going to be . The great thing is, Jeep doesn’t have to do much to move the needle.
Aesthetics will win this game. The true off roaders are a minority folks.
You do realize that YOUR opinion of the Wrangler looking better is just that...YOUR opinion. Stating it over and over again doesn't make it fact.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Let me say this. Ford, welcome to the table!

Ever since I was a kid I've wanted a jeep not only for the off-road experience, but also for the jeep experience of cruising on a cool summer night with the doors off, top off, and the radio blaring! Oh how I love my 19' JLUR, It's a beast off-road yet simple yet and refined. Could it handle better on road or washboards? Yes, but the feeling when you pop that baby into 4Lo and it just crawls through or over just about anything. The Bronco looks great and I believe it will be a fierce competitor in the market. I like it, but not love it. Someone said above "the Jeep looks like a tank, this looks like a toy." A fun toy at that but would I trade in my Jeep, hell no! At least not for now. However, if Ford is serious about taking over this market and they can if they can prove to match the Jeep or surpass the Jeep with technology, fill in the voids where Jeep has been stagnant, then we hopefully have the fight of the century on our hands! Only time will tell what both companies will do to fight for the us as customer. I am happy that Ford brought this option to OUR table and hopefully it will spur a fierce competition. That being said, from what I've gathered from owners on this form, Reddit, and other social media sites. Jeep could answer with half doors, an I6, and the ability to option the the Rubicon features down the line they probably would keep most of its customers that are on the fence of switching. Those that complain about Jeeps customer experience, or other problems, will do so with Ford too.... Hell, you'd be complaining about any other auto manufacture, they ALL have numerous issues.

Will this be a "Jeep Killer", definitely not. Most likely the Toyota killer in the market. This is nothing but a great competitor to share the number 1 and 2 spot with Jeep.

rockadile

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I think it is interesting how Jeep was praised for all of the changes and refinements they made between the JK and JL but Ford just showed them how it's done.

BigGreen

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I think the Bronco is going to hurt 4Runner sales more than Jeep sales.
I love the Bronco, it looks really cool and seems to be very capable. But it’s big.
Jeep’s main draw is still as the narrow mountain goat. Bridging the gap between SXS and a road worthy vehicle.

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement