Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Styling is a matter of personal taste; I think the new Bronco looks cool, but so does Wrangler. Bronco offers a Sasquatch package with 35” tires; but 35” tires can be added to a JL without much difficulty..
plus, with the sasquatch package, You can make samquanch references, and, get away with it (maybe 10 of You will get the reference. for those 10, You're welcome)
Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
The Bronco's specs look quite good. But the proof is in the pudding. Can't wait to see some head-to-head reviews. I'll take IFS over SFA for my daily driver any day.

From a business perspective, Ford made the right decision. <1% of Jeep owners take full advantage of the SFA. Plus... You can get 35s out of the box with the "Sassquatch" package.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I'm staying with Jeep but I was impressed with Ford's first stab at the Wrangler. It seems like they paid attention to what off-roaders want and offered it right out of the gate instead of taking several years to get there. They've obviously studied their competition. The interesting question will be how Jeep responds or if it's just going to be with the V-8 option, hopefully they aren't that arrogant. I'll also be interested in how many issues the new Bronco has with it being a first year model. I'd definitely take a look at them if I was still in the market.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
What is surprising to me is the lack of mention in this thread (and others) of the DI engines offered on the new Bronco. Being that the 2.3 and 2.7 ecoboost engines are turbocharged and DI, aren't they similar to the 2.0T JL engines?

With all of the 2.0T DI engine haters on this forum I figured most of you would be firmly against the new Bronco! Or is it just the eTorque system people hate?
Most people did not like that the 2.0 cost $1000 more at the time but offered relatively little performance gains over the 3.6. In contrast the Ford Bronco base engines clearly offer a significant power/torque difference over the Wrangler base engines. People are more willing to take a "risk" with their purchase if the reward is clearly greater too.

Sponsored

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Per Ford.com Soft top comes standard. Hard top optional on 2 door. Dual top available on 4 door. No soft top pics yet.
On the spec sheet under the Bronco models it says N/A for soft top dimensions which lead me to believe there is no soft top option.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Soft To

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The 2.3 EcoBoost outperforms the 3.6 Pentastar. The 2.7 V6 EcoBoost in in another category that Jeep can't match at this time.
So the Diesel doesn't match the 2.7?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Wonder if this introduction may change Jeep dealer behaviour. Looking at some forums on this site, it seems many Jeep dealers were straight up jerks because they knew there is no other competition from another manufacturer.
Wow I would say the opposite. Buying Wranglers and Gladiators at 5-8% below invoice as soon as they were introduced - Do you think that is going to happen with the Bronco?

My buying experience in March 2018 when the Wrangler first came out was the best dealer experience I have ever had.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I love my Jeep and I don't see anything on the Bronco that makes me want to switch.

But I think the Bronco looks great and I think its gonna be a great vehicle and a lot of fun.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
It looks awesome. Will certainly be a tempting option in a couple years. With the types of offroading I do, the IFS, even if it's literally just an IFS with zero improvements whatsoever, will be totally fine. Better, even, for beach driving.

I don't know, I'm torn. Bronco is still nearly a year until they start appearing in the actual world, so lots of time. Just looking at it makes me kinda mad, though. Where are our half doors? Where are those cut-out doors that were shown at the jl reveal? The concept V8 FCA just showed off has half doors, so they know dang well it's something we're clamoring for.

Sponsored

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
This thread is funny....it's 2020...for the complainers, go back two years and you'll read about the JL and how it "hit it out if the park","Best Jeep yet", Jeep outdid themselves" ,"firmly stop the off-road world". All of the love fest we see for the Bronco.

Innovative and cool, yes?
Life-changing and revolutionary? No

And this is from a guy who thinks you can have both...it's just funny how we forget the love affair two years ago because someone else showed up to the party.

BTW, did we forget about the Hemi...the sound of that alone makes me care about a lot less features.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
On the spec sheet under the Bronco models it says N/A for soft top dimensions which lead me to believe there is no soft top option.
Soft Top.jpg
Can’t speak for the spec sheet, but here’s what the website says:

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 4DC607FD-6A72-4581-8B45-4BB8E5EF2446

693FCC90-123C-4F83-81F7-8A82D15F8348.jpeg

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The new Landrover Defender looks nothing like the last one. The new Bronco looks nothing like the old one. Whereas most people cant tell the difference between a CJ and JL. Jeep is cooler.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
It is going to be a very thought out decision when my JLU lease is up in sept 2021.
Can I put 33s on it without lifting like I can a JL?
MPG
Transmission issues?
I will begin my research.
I leased a 4dr because I needed 4drs in 2018 and I love top down doors off driving.
I have always liked the style of a wrangler and the old broncos.
They did a nice job designing the 2dr bronco, glad they did, because I will never be driving a 4dr anything again.
Sponsored