Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
my money and FCA or Ford has to work to get it.
Exactly right. I’ve always had the philosophy that whether it’s a dealership or manufacturer, I want someone who is willing to work just as hard to earn my money as I did. If their marketing or sales plan is to wait fir someone to walk in with a suitcase full of money and drive out in a new vehicle, they’re not for me. Without competition there is no incentive to work or improve.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
And for the people that wanted all the Rubicon features in a Sport- you can do Sasquatch package on a base Bronco. Pretty cool actually.
I haven’t watched the whole reveal but that’s really good. One thing Jeep has really screwed up on with the JL is factory gearing. Sports/Sahara’s should have 3.73/4.10 available in addition to stock 3.45. Rubicons should have at least 4.56 available aswell.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
So is that a standard D44 or does ford use in-house axles? Looks awfully lot like a D44 - do all models get the same rear axle?
Looking at the spec sheet, the axles are labeled with the same code as the Wrangler. So it appears they use Dana axles.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I haven’t watched the whole reveal but that’s really good. One thing Jeep has really screwed up on with the JL is factory gearing. Sports/Sahara’s should have 3.73/4.10 available in addition to stock 3.45. Rubicons should have at least 4.56 available aswell.
I could not agree with you more!

Sponsored

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Pretty impressive IMO, 400 ft lbs of torque would be nice on my JL :) 10 spd AT also a big plus although the JL AT is one of the best I've driven.
Pretty cool running 35s from the factory w/ a 10 spd that you could use all the gears out of the box!
Only the 2 dr looks proper though, at least to me, and a 12" info screen, wow!

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Looks very formidable....Will be very interesting see it in person and take a test drive. Lot's to like but still IFS...I am glad to see they are offering a 2-door model-will force Jeep to show a little more love to 'the one who started it all'.

Jeep has known the Bronco has been coming for a long time and I doubt there is anything they did not already know about. Which would lead one to believe Jeep will respond pretty quickly via a mid-model refresh along with additional power options and of course a 35" tire option on 2-door's and a 37" option on 4-door's...

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
I want to know how the tops and doors come off. Why would they not include that?

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
Great debut Ford. Exceeded all my expectations. Love the interior; screen is going to look fantastic. Power seats as well?! I can’t believe Wrangler still has manual seats. What was the excuse again?

Competition has finally come to this segment. Hopefully other manufacturers join soon.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Lmao, it’s got power seats guys, wrangler killer. This Jeep is the first vehicle I’ve had since the 90s that doesn’t have power seats and it’s a non issue. Quicker to move It forward and back depending if my wife or I am driving.
Sponsored