Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Russ

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Isn't the JL limited to 2000# towing?

I'm surprised, given the Ranger power train on the base. But the 2.3l is rated for less hp and torque than in the Ranger.
4 door JL can tow 3500#s

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing wrong with defecting. You're a customer with money and it's about time there is something that gave the Wrangler a run for their money. They've been sitting pretty and not caring about the customers and taking care of their issues. It's not that hard to produce a damn vehicle that has a better steering than what we got with the Wrangler. They wouldn't even acknowledge the Death Wobble. The internet is peppered with these issues.
Exactly, I hate seeing people say "you are not a Jeeper if you even think about Bronco", guess what, who DA FUCK cares, my money and FCA or Ford has to work to get it.
4 door JL can tow 3500#s
This has been well speculated 3500 lbs are for avoiding legal troubles in the US because we don't have law governing trailer brake controls, as well as if you are involved in an accident with towing AND open tops, things will get ugly. They are well rated above 3500 lbs in Europe.

I guess Bronco is the same, with no brake controller and removable tops, 3500 lbs is a lawyer's advice.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
It was funny how Ford’s presentation tonight had several comments directed towards some of the Wrangler’s deficiencies.

I see two problems that concern me. First, dealer ADMs. Ford dealers are notorious for marking up new release vehicles. The second concern is build quality. Ford can’t even get the quality correct on their Mustang, even after years of building the same generation.

All this being said, they may have pulled me away from purchasing a new Wrangler this summer.

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
And what happened to the people who said that this would tow better than the Wrangler? Looks like it's also limited to 3500lbs.
Yeah, that's the only disappointment I have - was hoping for more like 5000 lbs.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Sorry Ford fans but just on the aesthetic side alone, Jeep prevails hands down. Only thing I’d like to see is a hard top with removable sides and to me, that seems like an easy aftermarket or new feature that can be added on upcoming models. So glad I went with my 2020 Rubi.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Nothing wrong with defecting. You're a customer with money and it's about time there is something that gave the Wrangler a run for their money. They've been sitting pretty and not caring about the customers and taking care of their issues. It's not that hard to produce a damn vehicle that has a better steering than what we got with the Wrangler. They wouldn't even acknowledge the Death Wobble. The internet is peppered with these issues.
My whole issue is that they claim they listen to their customers, but clearly don’t when they dodge our questions or concerns. I love my Jeep, but there are things that Ford did better. This includes dealerships and customer service. I’m gonna hold onto my Jeep for a while, but there’s a significant chance I would switch.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The 2.3, with a manual transmission should be fun, the Base should come with the Black Diamond rubber flooring, and Marine Vinyl seats, and 32" tires . Those 30" tires on the Base are disappointing. I hope FCA sees these features, and acts on this competition. AC standard on the Base ?

Last edited:

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Just looked at the models and details for each. I've loved the early Broncos and in high school I really wanted an early 80's model with a 351. Never got it. Been driving Jeep Wranglers going on 21 years. I have to say, this new Bronco, I got a little hard reading about it. Can't wait to see one in person, drive one and see what people actually do with them off-road. It'd be real hard for me to make the change but maybe the wife can trade her Pilot in on one and the I can have both a Wrangler and a Bronco. lol
Sponsored