Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 547 58.4%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 209 22.3%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 92 9.8%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 89 9.5%

• Total voters

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLR
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
No soft top option for the 2 door?

WTF
Per Ford.com Soft top comes standard. Hard top optional on 2 door. Dual top available on 4 door. No soft top pics yet.

Advertisement

WreckEm711

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Hat's off to Ford, looks like a great vehicle, will keep an eye on how it does reliability wise the next few years when it's time to replace our other ford.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLR
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
my money and FCA or Ford has to work to get it.
Exactly right. I’ve always had the philosophy that whether it’s a dealership or manufacturer, I want someone who is willing to work just as hard to earn my money as I did. If their marketing or sales plan is to wait fir someone to walk in with a suitcase full of money and drive out in a new vehicle, they’re not for me. Without competition there is no incentive to work or improve.

Strommen95

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Sport S JLU
And for the people that wanted all the Rubicon features in a Sport- you can do Sasquatch package on a base Bronco. Pretty cool actually.
I haven’t watched the whole reveal but that’s really good. One thing Jeep has really screwed up on with the JL is factory gearing. Sports/Sahara’s should have 3.73/4.10 available in addition to stock 3.45. Rubicons should have at least 4.56 available aswell.

Litfuse

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
So is that a standard D44 or does ford use in-house axles? Looks awfully lot like a D44 - do all models get the same rear axle?
Looking at the spec sheet, the axles are labeled with the same code as the Wrangler. So it appears they use Dana axles.

Litfuse

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I haven’t watched the whole reveal but that’s really good. One thing Jeep has really screwed up on with the JL is factory gearing. Sports/Sahara’s should have 3.73/4.10 available in addition to stock 3.45. Rubicons should have at least 4.56 available aswell.
I could not agree with you more!

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement