Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 547 58.3%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 209 22.3%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 93 9.9%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 89 9.5%

• Total voters

four low

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
And now they will ! 2022 JLs will be interesting, maybe 2021 will give us more JL 2 door improvements as well.
The rubberized interior, vinyl seats, modular rear hard top windows, manual transmission with the 2.0T, bring it !

Advertisement

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Pretty impressive IMO, 400 ft lbs of torque would be nice on my JL :) 10 spd AT also a big plus although the JL AT is one of the best I've driven.
Pretty cool running 35s from the factory w/ a 10 spd that you could use all the gears out of the box!
Only the 2 dr looks proper though, at least to me, and a 12" info screen, wow!

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2019 Ram Longhorn 4x4
Looks very formidable....Will be very interesting see it in person and take a test drive. Lot's to like but still IFS...I am glad to see they are offering a 2-door model-will force Jeep to show a little more love to 'the one who started it all'.

Jeep has known the Bronco has been coming for a long time and I doubt there is anything they did not already know about. Which would lead one to believe Jeep will respond pretty quickly via a mid-model refresh along with additional power options and of course a 35" tire option on 2-door's and a 37" option on 4-door's...

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
I want to know how the tops and doors come off. Why would they not include that?

Kizzo

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
Great debut Ford. Exceeded all my expectations. Love the interior; screen is going to look fantastic. Power seats as well?! I can’t believe Wrangler still has manual seats. What was the excuse again?

Competition has finally come to this segment. Hopefully other manufacturers join soon.

Pingbling23

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6
Lmao, it’s got power seats guys, wrangler killer. This Jeep is the first vehicle I’ve had since the 90s that doesn’t have power seats and it’s a non issue. Quicker to move It forward and back depending if my wife or I am driving.

entropy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Scientist
Lmao, it’s got power seats guys, wrangler killer. This Jeep is the first vehicle I’ve had since the 90s that doesn’t have power seats and it’s a non issue. Quicker to move It forward and back depending if my wife or I am driving.
Am I the only person who hates power seats?. whats so bad about manual seats?. Power seats are so damn slow. Manual seats are way easier and faster.

plex

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only person who hates power seats?. whats so bad about manual seats?. Power seats are so damn slow. Manual seats are way easier and faster.
Power seats are not that important, but seat memory is the game changer if you switch drivers so often.

Pingbling23

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6
Not once have I said I wish the Jeep had power seats. If that’s a stance someone has to take to make the bronco look like the better vehicle they’re reaching to far.

Redneck_Jedi

First Name
Charles
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be surprised if Ford offers special financing deals to Wrangler owners who trade in for the Bronco. They are definitely looking to steal customers from Jeep.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring

Pretty much a non-event for me. After buying it.....I set my seat and forget it. Never need further adjustments.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
The real deal will be a toe-to-toe matchup on a known tough trail.....like the Rubicon trail. Might change some views. ....or not.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Love it. If the electronics (nav/radio) are good and steering is good a 2door is in the future. Jeep has a problem if they don’t honor warranty complaints. I think the biggest problem is independent dealerships.

Advertisement

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Advertisement