First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Oh, and my wife LOVES the Wrangler. I typed it in caps, because that's how she feels about it. She thinks it's the best vehicle in all of forever, her words.
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Competition is GOOD for consumers - it drives prices down, fuels innovation, and leads to the creation of things like the Xtreme Recon package. TBH if you're a real Jeep fanboi, you should be cheering the Bronco on and encouraging people to get one - the Bronco's success can only mean good things for Wrangler die-hards.
I beg to diff. Competition is only good for those that can afford it. All these up packages are all top end options which does nothing for the average guy. Neither Ford or Jeep produce a barebones $30K vehicle. The more options, the more innovation, the more niceties, the more the price increases. We have gone from a $30k vehicle to now a $70-80k more complex vehicle in 10 years due to this innovation and competition. There is no lower price because of competition what so ever.
Unfortunately there is NO Longer a real bare bones option because people no longer want it. What they seem to want is a vehicle thatā€™s tough as an army truck, that rides like a Sedan deVille limo and has heated steering wheel and seats so there poor little butt doesnā€™t get cold. That unfortunately is the majority and those that want the barebones have to pay the price.
When competition only adds to the top end the only one that really gains is the manufacturer for bragging rights.
Kudos to Jeep for at least offering a Willys XRECON to keep it real for they average guy.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Itā€™s not so much hate for Bronco, itā€™s hate for Ford and their arrogant marketing tactics ... The Broncos competition is the 4Runner. The Wrangler still stands alone.
So you had the small screen in your Jeep then. Jeeps big screen is 8ā€.
I understand that. But the 8.5 inch screen comes standard on the Bronco base model even. As does power windows, locks, and automatic start from your phone.

With the base Jeep for 2022 you get a small screen and crank windows and manual locks. So when I ordered my Willys Sport Xtreme Recon it came with the smaller screen.

You want the 8" inch screen in the Jeep your paying way more money for a different model like the Rubicon to get it.

I paid $42k OTD for my Bronco Base Sasquatch and $43k OTD for my Willys Sport Xtreme Recon

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand that. But the 8.5 inch screen comes standard on the Bronco base model even. As does power windows, locks, and automatic start from your phone.

With the base Jeep for 2022 you get a small screen and crank windows and manual locks. So when I ordered my Willys Sport Xtreme Recon it came with the smaller screen.

You want the 8" inch screen in the Jeep your paying way more money for a different model like the Rubicon to get it.

I paid $42k OTD for my Bronco Base Sasquatch and $43k OTD for my Willys Sport Xtreme Recon
Do you think you got more for your money with the Bronco? Lots of people donā€™t want power locks and windows, hence the reason there is a Willys.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Do you think you got more for your money with the Bronco? Lots of people donā€™t want power locks and windows, hence the reason there is a Willys.
I love both vehicles for different reasons. But yes i feel i got way more with the Bronco for the money especially all the electronics. Plus I got front and rear Lockers and trail turn assist.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I love both vehicles for different reasons. But yes i feel i got way more with the Bronco for the money especially all the electronics. Plus I got front and rear Lockers and trail turn assist.
I wouldn't compare base Bronco to base Jeep because they're very different trims. There is not a base Bronco like the base Jeep. Jeep's offering is an outlier, the could just stop offering the base Jeep and call the Sport S the base Jeep....

Also, your willys is a 4 door and your Bronco is a 2 door. So not a fair comparison either.

My 2 door Sport +S is a better comparison. It would cost about 41k (MSRP) with the current pricing. It has a 7inch screen with apple play and all that. No 35s, no lockers, but basic 31.5inch tires. When I bought it new MSRP was 39k and I paid 31.5k because you know, pre-covid. That's a good, competitive price for what I got stock. But paying 41k for it? that's a hard pill to swallow.

Regardless of that. I think Ford always intended the Sasquatch package to offer the best value out there. If you can get one.

So I do agree that Jeeps might be a bit overpriced. And prices keep going up through the roof. To get a somewhat modern cabin in the Jeep you really have to drop some cash $$$ lol. So doesn't seem like Ford is doing much to Jeep unfortunately.

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
They did make the Bronco retro, but not enough. The body line that goes up after the doors ruined it for me. The Early Broncoā€¦best looking vehicle ever for my eye. New Bronco is just ok, not as good looking as a Jeepā€¦period. I hope it sells well and Jeep will have to continue to make better product for all of us.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I beg to diff. Competition is only good for those that can afford it. All these up packages are all top end options which does nothing for the average guy. Neither Ford or Jeep produce a barebones $30K vehicle. The more options, the more innovation, the more niceties, the more the price increases. We have gone from a $30k vehicle to now a $70-80k more complex vehicle in 10 years due to this innovation and competition. There is no lower price because of competition what so ever.
Unfortunately there is NO Longer a real bare bones option because people no longer want it. What they seem to want is a vehicle thatā€™s tough as an army truck, that rides like a Sedan deVille limo and has heated steering wheel and seats so there poor little butt doesnā€™t get cold. That unfortunately is the majority and those that want the barebones have to pay the price.
When competition only adds to the top end the only one that really gains is the manufacturer for bragging rights.
Kudos to Jeep for at least offering a Willys XRECON to keep it real for they average guy.
You're confusing "competition" with "market demand".

Competition is when two companies offer similar products, providing consumers with a choice. This competition is always good for consumers because it motivates the companies to continuously try to be better than the other, either by offering a better product, a differentiated product, or a better price. Prior to the Bronco, the Wrangler didn't have any real competition (maybe the 4runner?), which basically left FCA/Stellantis with very little motivation to either improve the product, differentiate it, or reduce prices. The Bronco will provide motivation for some combination of the three (but not necessarily all). The Xtreme Recon package is a great example. Yes, it's mostly off-the-shelf products that MOPAR had anyways. But once the Bronco comes out with its Sasquatch package, FCA suddenly found the motivation to package it up and offer 35s from the factory.

Market Demand, on the other hand, is simply a company responding to things that the customer is demanding. Consumer tastes shift throughout the years. This is why you see fewer options for the 2-door, less focus on manual transmission, and yes, the absence of a "barebones" model. It's similar in the world of pickup trucks - it's damn near impossible to buy a single-cab truck anymore, and a 2022 Silverado is significantly larger than even a 2006 - consumers want bigger trucks. So that's what they build now.

Just because *you* want it, doesn't mean there's enough demand for them to build it.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I researched both the jeep and the bronco for close to two years, test drove 4 jeeps. Of course couldn't test drive a bronco they weren't out yet. Research was just on line and what it was supposed to be. However I am sure a test drive in a bronco would not have changed my mind.

After researching I knew I wanted the straight axles, smaller tough looking jeep. I have seen a lot of broncos lately and I am so glad I went with the wrangler.

Nothing against Ford or the bronco. I just can't get past the look of the bronco. I don't like the non full framed doors, and I could go on and on.

Mostly it's just the butt ugly front end, please Ford fix it and make it look mean. It reminds me of the neon commercial years ago where the little neon came out spun around a few times and a little bubble popped up and said Hi. It just looks to cute and not badass,tough like the wrangler.

In truth, most of the bronco drivers I see are women, so I guess the cutey, cutey thing works for gals.

I hope it works out for Ford because in truth I really don't care because I have a Wrangler and there IS ONLY ONE.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're confusing "competition" with "market demand".

Competition is when two companies offer similar products, providing consumers with a choice. This competition is always good for consumers because it motivates the companies to continuously try to be better than the other, either by offering a better product, a differentiated product, or a better price. Prior to the Bronco, the Wrangler didn't have any real competition (maybe the 4runner?), which basically left FCA/Stellantis with very little motivation to either improve the product, differentiate it, or reduce prices. The Bronco will provide motivation for some combination of the three (but not necessarily all). The Xtreme Recon package is a great example. Yes, it's mostly off-the-shelf products that MOPAR had anyways. But once the Bronco comes out with its Sasquatch package, FCA suddenly found the motivation to package it up and offer 35s from the factory.

Market Demand, on the other hand, is simply a company responding to things that the customer is demanding. Consumer tastes shift throughout the years. This is why you see fewer options for the 2-door, less focus on manual transmission, and yes, the absence of a "barebones" model. It's similar in the world of pickup trucks - it's damn near impossible to buy a single-cab truck anymore, and a 2022 Silverado is significantly larger than even a 2006 - consumers want bigger trucks. So that's what they build now.

Just because *you* want it, doesn't mean there's enough demand for them to build it.
Lol prior to Bronco the wrangler wasnā€™t $80k. Yes, The XR package is an answer to the Sasquatch but itā€™s not free, itā€™s a substantial option (worth the money of course). But there are a lot a people who canā€™t afford it and will simply buy a lesser model and modify along the way as they can. My point is all this stuff brought on by COMPETITION is all on the top end and it hasnā€™t dropped the price point. In some cases it appears quite the opposite.

Sponsored

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Oh, and my wife LOVES the Wrangler. I typed it in caps, because that's how she feels about it. She thinks it's the best vehicle in all of forever, her words.
Sir, if I mayā€¦your wife gets it. Listen to her VERY closely because she has arrived at the only justifiable conclusion šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Respect 1661390470769

these Bronco fenders designed by

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Respect 1661391143985

Seriously, how do they justify that? They didnā€™t even try.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
They did make the Bronco retro, but not enough. The body line that goes up after the doors ruined it for me. The Early Broncoā€¦best looking vehicle ever for my eye.
Yeah, hard to argue about the look here, Ford nailed it big time (w/ the rear fenders cut). If they would have had closer tie ins to this it would be another grand slam home run. I do like the 2dr Bronco, but I'd give it a triple, and the current JL 2dr the home run, but maybe just 2 men on base, not quite the grand slam lol :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Respect 1661401909905
Sponsored