First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
With Ford's focus on "on road handling and ride quality" does it surprise anyone that these grab handles are more for aesthetics/looks than anything else? With my lifted rig, the A pillar grab handles on my JL make sense (I used to grab the steering wheel on my JK) to give me a boost up. The positioning of the handles on the Bronco at the edge of the dash doesn't give much in terms of leverage. The oh sh*t bar on the Jeep, a long time hallmark, isn't just for looks. You can actually hold on when the terrain calls for it. It's instinctual to grab a handle in front of you (that's why roller coasters have that). You want to hold with two hands when you start to lose your balance, not one hand by your thigh and the other on the door or if there's no door the side of your seat?

I'm not saying yet one is better than the other. I haven't test driven the Bronco or sat in it. I like some of its features, especially the safety since I have 3 small kids, but initial build quality issues, dealers being dishonest (not saying that Jeep's are any better), insane markups (not saying that Jeep is any better), will keep me a Jeep loyalist for a long time.

I mean, when I was growing up, I always said i wanted a Jeep. I never said, I wanted a Bronco...ever! Maybe it's because my only real recollection of a Bronco was the OJ one and that was just too big and too ugly for words. But ever since i saw the CJ-7 in black driving around topless with chrome rims around LA, I wanted one. I wanted one bad.

Jeep won my love, and the JL keeps my heart beating... Can't for the next generation... and the next....

Sponsored

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Ford is still trying to figure out how to make the tops not leak. There are barely any emerging from the factory. Bronco will not be a viable competitor for at least 3 years

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
While my JL is at the dealer getting the steering box TSB, I got a 2021 Nissan Kicks to drive around: cheap plastics everywhere, rubber-band transmission, noisy engine, Quasimodo-inspired ergonomics... Despite its small dimensions, it is the biggest piece of sh!t I’ve been in a long time!

Seriously, it makes our Jeeps feel like a Mercedes-Benz 😫
You havent driven a Mitsubishi lately then? hehehehe

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
Have you played with the doors of a Bronco. Meaning, open and close the door and watch the window mush itself into the weatherstripping that doesn't have a window groove. There's also a delay in the window cracking open automatically after the door is unlatched. If you don't pause before pulling the door open, the window quivers. And because there's no window frame, the stacked tolerances in all of the window regulator parts causes the window to hit or miss as far as closing fully square to the weatherstripping.

I've seen much better fit and finish in a vehicle that costs a third of the price. The same cheapness extended all the way to the cargo area.

I wish I had pics of the interiors. The salesman, who was giving my wife the full tour, asked me to please not take any pics. He was nice enough to answer a number of my wife's questions, so I obliged without questioning why. All I got were a couple of exterior pics. And before leaving the lot, I backed my Jeep next to the Wildtrack for a side by side shot, but the gm was quick to come out and move it behind the building. He even shot me an annoyed look as he hopped in it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler OblongPleasingAyeaye-max-1mb
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler OblongPleasingAyeaye-max-1mb

This was the image in my mind while the guy was showing us the broncos with the wavy windows.
It’s hard to believe any dealer would operate like this. What are they so scared of? Maybe we should be scared too, especially after looking the the wavy windows.

I have two actual experiences with Fords. One was my daughter’s Escape of many years ago where the entire automatic transmission blew up after 4,000 miles. Second, I guess thinking they would improve, my wife and I looked to buy an Escape a couple of years ago. It was junk which came off all the worse given my wife’s long history with Hondas.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
The only way to be sure that you don’t get any leaks is a one piece top. Convertibles all leak, doesn’t matter what brrand. Had many different brands of convertibles. Some things in life are inevitable. You come in to this world blind and naked and that’s the way you depart. Pay taxes and croak. What a life. 🙄

Jeep ahead

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Both are modern garbage but <3 jeeps so much more

edit: I'm a bit old school about modern manufacturing and plastic everything. i still love vehicles, i promise.
And is your rotary home phone working fine, and i bet it was a lot of plastic.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Broncos only seem to exist on the Internet.

Are they still in production...? :LOL:

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Broncos only seem to exist on the Internet.

Are they still in production...? :LOL:
Saw one Yesterday....honestly don't know what the fuss is all about. It looks like crap. The convertible top flapping all over the place. Woman driver with drive out tag looked miserable while driving it. Frankly I wouldn't waste any time on the thing. Just doesn't look correct.

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My god.

All the blue oval loving is crazy...

I just went to the B6G forum and read on that thread. I could only make it to the end of page one.

Owner immediately is like "I love my Bronco still, I'm just trying to figure this out for everyone else."

As he's tearing his rack and pinion apart on a $60k+ vehicle that he waited upwards, or more, of a year to get.

At least with our Jeeps there's consistency. The 3.8 has problems, so Jeep fixes it with the 3.6.

There's problems with the 3.6, the redesign.

Then they offer more, better engine choices.

But these Ford cultists, they don't care. They don't care WHAT it is. If it has a blue oval, they have to buy it.

"I just want to make it be what we all know it is, the best off road vehicle on the market."

🤔😐

No... Ford should've done that FOR YOU. Hence why they charged you MONEY.
For argument sake, you were on a ford forum. This thread alone has 14 pages already of jeep chest beating. You are also using hindsight when convenient. The 3.8 had problems so FOUR YEARS LATER they replaced it with the 3.6. With this logic, no one should get shook about the bronco issues until 2025.

Just think about how long Jeep has been making wranglers and yet, there are still pretty major issues that keep popping up. The bronco is having issues, no doubt. I won't argue against that but it just seems silly the blind eye everyone will turn on the pages and pages of issues with the wrangler on this forum alone and then act like these are finely crafted instruments.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
For argument sake, you were on a ford forum. This thread alone has 14 pages already of jeep chest beating. You are also using hindsight when convenient. The 3.8 had problems so FOUR YEARS LATER they replaced it with the 3.6. With this logic, no one should get shook about the bronco issues until 2025.

Just think about how long Jeep has been making wranglers and yet, there are still pretty major issues that keep popping up. The bronco is having issues, no doubt. I won't argue against that but it just seems silly the blind eye everyone will turn on the pages and pages of issues with the wrangler on this forum alone and then act like these are finely crafted instruments.
You misunderstood I think. My point is that while Stellantis (and about every other company) will course correct, even at some point, Ford had YEARS between the 2007 concept and 2020. They had delay after delay. They've LITERALLY been at this longer than anyone else in America...

And yet, their rack and pinion is obviously extremely flawed.
The 6.0 is infamous, at the exact same time the 7.3 is legendary.
No one buys a Ford outside of warranty, because we all know they fall apart whereas other vehicles will keep going.

And yet with these examples, and countless others, the Ford diehards CONTINUE to buy mediocre products for top-dollar.

I used those quotes to show the unwavering brand loyalty Ford has, no matter what the company does.

Jeepers, while some are diehard through and through... others are not. Not at all. Look at all those that jumped ship AS SOON as the Bronco was announced!

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You misunderstood I think. My point is that while Stellantis (and about every other company) will course correct, even at some point, Ford had YEARS between the 2007 concept and 2020. They had delay after delay. They've LITERALLY been at this longer than anyone else in America...

And yet, their rack and pinion is obviously extremely flawed.
The 6.0 is infamous, at the exact same time the 7.3 is legendary.
No one buys a Ford outside of warranty, because we all know they fall apart whereas other vehicles will keep going.

And yet with these examples, and countless others, the Ford diehards CONTINUE to buy mediocre products for top-dollar.

I used those quotes to show the unwavering brand loyalty Ford has, no matter what the company does.

Jeepers, while some are diehard through and through... others are not. Not at all. Look at all those that jumped ship AS SOON as the Bronco was announced!
I hear you. I don't want to sound like a bronco or ford apologist either because they have issues. I think it is interesting yet because for example, you mention the 2007 concept to 2020 release. There was plenty of time to make changes and fixes but a concept isn't going to show you the real world issues like a production model will. Still, they had a lot of time to locate issues.

Jeep had the entire JK lifespan of real world feedback to find known issues on the JL before its release. But then they came out with a vehicle with steering box issues, bubbling paint (still didn't figure it out throughout the entire JK generation), shoddy frame welds that were breaking, etc.

My issue isn't with people calling out ford. They should. They charge ALOT of money for their products and the consumer deserves a good product at that price. But when the "Bronco is bad" talk turns into glorifying Jeep, I find that a little silly.

I love our JLUR but I was adamant we buy it new because I didn't want a jeep out of warranty while we figure out all of its quirks.

Hopefully Ford gets it all figured out and we can all just enjoy time outdoors together with tops down and maybe Toyota will release a new FJ that has a removable top so they can hang too.

I know we can all agree, the new blazer sucks hard.
Sponsored