Sponsored

Bronco Respect

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
You should see the commotion it stirs up when you mention Mojave vs Rubicon in the gladiator groups. Been trying to talk the wife into the Bronco so we can have the best of both worlds, if she happens to go and get the raptor version..... i wont know whether to be more jealous or happy.

For me, im not racist, I hate all brands/trims equally LOL.
Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
You should see the commotion it stirs up when you mention Mojave vs Rubicon in the gladiator groups. Been trying to talk the wife into the Bronco so we can have the best of both worlds, if she happens to go and get the raptor version..... i wont know whether to be more jealous or happy.

For me, im not racist, I hate all brands/trims equally LOL.
Oh the JT group gets worked up easy. You forgot to add the max tow as it always gets brought into those conversations. 😂😂

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Personally I like the 2 door Bronco. I think its less of a comprise day to day with its bigger dimensions than a JL. My dad and grandfather were also ford guys so I lean towards ford. I cant see us getting a Ford anytime soon. They just botched their recent launchings. They cant make the Mache E fast enough, bronco owners are waiting years, Lightings keep jumping in price after all the hype for it being as affordable as a similar spec'd f150. Then if you can manage to find a ford you want just look at the markups.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I love the Broncos and planned on getting one instead of a JL, but Ford took way too long. I was able to sell my JKU, buy a tacoma, build a JL, sell the tacoma, and be well on my way with my build without my order ever being pulled for production. Also reserved on the second day.

Honestly, I’m glad the wait pushed me back to Jeep. IFS is great on the road and at speed, but sucks the fun out of driving for me. I love the bouncy feeling suspension Jeeps are known for. Also, I feel like the JL’s are too wide as it is, so I’m not sure I would have enjoyed the extra width the Bronco has as much as others.

Broncos are great, and look great, but they definitely scratch a different itch than the Jeep. If I could have both, I absolutely would! For now, the Jeep is best for me.

I always give Broncos a thumbs up on the street.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I said it before, I'll say it again: I won't be trading my Jeep anytime soon. I think Ford did a great job with the design of the Bronco. I think they fumbled the launch, with all the QA issues. We saw almost as many as Jeeps when we went on vacation to the ocean. Definitely gave the nice ones some recognition. I hope to get to wheel with some out on the trail in the near future.

I may be a loyalist (as long as my Jeep has a removable top/ doors and solid axles), but I enjoy wheeling with other well built rigs and other styles of off roaders other than rock crawlers. I learned a lot about gear and more efficient packing from my Toyota Overlanding buds. They learned how to wheel better from me and my Jeep friends. They also may or may not think we're nuts. Even trade.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Not to be the odd man out here, but I think the new Bronco is ugly. I appreciate Ford resurrecting the Bronco from the dead, I love it when classics come back with new life. But I live in a pretty affluent area and have seen quite a few new Bronco's up close and I am always thankful I bought the Jeep. All comparisons with off-road capability and highway comfort aside, I just don't like the styling of the new Bronco. Some of the proportions look off to me, like it was rushed into production. The early roof and engine issues they had seem to support this. Again, not slamming Ford in general or people who like Broncos. I just can't get past the weird aesthetics of it. If they put a V8 into it and fixed the fenders though, I'd be a looking............👀

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
I know I'll probably take a hit here on this story and thought, but eh, it is what it is.

I was driving into drill this weekend, Saturday I believe, when I saw a dark green Bronco headed the other way. Either a woman or a thinner man in the drivers seat, all bundled up. How did I see them? Because the top was down, the doors were off, and they looked content as hell.

And it struck me. At least some of them are not so unlike ourselves.

See I'm not brand loyal. I'm just not. I don't like how Ford does business. I'll always steer clear of their vehicles, especially when it's anywhere near their warranty end.

But I bought a Jeep because #1 my wife wanted one due to our YJ in Hawai'i. #2 because it checked all the need boxes. #3 because it's THE only rig on the market that goes naked, and that's fun as hell. There's NO other experience than going naked on a mountain road, radio playing, having some snacks and drinks, the kids bickering in the back and my wife's hand in mine.

And I've realized since our first Jeep that, up til now, owning a Jeep Wrangler requires a certain mindset. I read a good metric that said, "If you have a Jeep for a year, you'll know whether it's for you or not."

Well, as much as I personally don't care for the Bronco, seeing them on the freeway this weekend... they'll never get a wave, but I shot that person a nod from a kindred spirit.
Glad you saw this and appreciated it. It's remarkable how much venom is spewed over something as trivial as a solid front axle vs IFS. Or Ford vs Chevy vs Ram. It's the easy way out to generalize.

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
My buddy got this and I’m a little jealous. Obviously his cost $17k more but I have $5k aftermarket into mine. But the extra $12k savings is enough for me. 2 door broncos are the best looking in my opinion and 4 door wranglers look better than 4 door broncos. His is a manual as well, I need to drive it to compare. Didn’t have time today…

80C97348-795F-461E-9102-1CD31EBE7FD0.jpeg

C913977F-1CB9-45F4-9613-962282E2FCC2.jpeg

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy got this and I’m a little jealous. Obviously his cost $17k more but I have $5k aftermarket into mine. But the extra $12k savings is enough for me. 2 door broncos are the best looking in my opinion and 4 door wranglers look better than 4 door broncos. His is a manual as well, I need to drive it to compare. Didn’t have time today…

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Respect C913977F-1CB9-45F4-9613-962282E2FCC2

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Respect C913977F-1CB9-45F4-9613-962282E2FCC2
Love that green.
My F250 is Dark Highland Metallic (same as the Bullitt Mustangs) and our Explorer is Green Gem. My Bronco II is some sort of Green and White 2 tone. I have a thing for green vehicles, I guess. When I bought my Jeep, Mojito was the only green, and not my style. I got Sting Gray.

Sponsored

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
Love that green.
My F250 is Dark Highland Metallic (same as the Bullitt Mustangs) and our Explorer is Green Gem. My Bronco II is some sort of Green and White 2 tone. I have a thing for green vehicles, I guess. When I bought my Jeep, Mojito was the only green, and not my style. I got Sting Gray.
Very nice looking in person. Have you seen the 2023 throwbacks? The white wheels and all. Sweet

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice looking in person. Have you seen the 2023 throwbacks? The white wheels and all. Sweet
Yes, good looking. Even my "non car person" wife was checking those out.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I dislike Bronco and Jeep people alike

🖕😎🖕

I’m more of a Blazer guy set on the 69-72 generation.

I’m at a point in my life, where the JLU had to fit the bill. To each their own, just get out there and enjoy.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I dislike Bronco and Jeep people alike

🖕😎🖕

I’m more of a Blazer guy set on the 69-72 generation.

I’m at a point in my life, where the JLU had to fit the bill. To each their own, just get out there and enjoy.
That new one sure would look good in the school pickup line.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Respect 1661287899917