Mason1646

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica Hybrid
Your mom sounds too cool
She's the best. I wish I were half as cool as her. She's also a bit bummed that Rubicons don't have roll up windows, so she's a quirky kind of fun.
Sponsored

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
My biggest fear for the Wrangler is that Jeep somehow "mainstreams" it - meaning sharing platforms, saving costs, etc....this like would pop profits short term (regrettably a very common way of doing business) but destroy the wrangler brand long term.

Jeep leadership would get big $$ in the short term, but eventually the Wrangler brand would lose what makes it special...ala the latest version of the Blazer from Chevrolet....
It seems to me like they are going to do the opposite.

Keep the unique design but expand it so they build more units to make it more worthwhile for them.

I heard from a friend who heard it from a guy that they were considering a 3 row Wrangler built on a Gladiator chassis. Think about that. They would sell tons of them.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I heard from a friend who heard it from a guy that they were considering a 3 row Wrangler built on a Gladiator chassis. Think about that. They would sell tons of them.
They will need to do something to the street/highway ride quality to make this happen. This just screams mall crawler/soccer mom. Not really catering to the overlanding crowd unless the back seat can be removed to store gear. Then you have a win-win situation.

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
They will need to do something to the street/highway ride quality to make this happen.
You mean like put in an independent front suspension, like the Bronco has??
(funny how things come full circle)

Not really catering to the overlanding crowd unless the back seat can be removed to store gear. Then you have a win-win situation.
It might be a killer overlander. Especially since as an 8 passenger vehicle, it will need to have substantially more cargo capacity than a 4 door Wrangler. So you remove the rear seats, or maybe even the center seats also and you have a long floor and 1800 lbs of cargo capacity.

Lets not forget that the Gladiator has a wheelbase that is (If Ir remember right) 7 inches longer than a Suburban's. And it does fine off road.
Sponsored