Sponsored

Mason1646

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica Hybrid
Well, I never thought I’d be here but am nonetheless. I was born and raised a Chevy boy (my dad’s doing), and over the process of time morphed into a rather hard core Ford man. Still am to a large extent, though that happens to be a somewhat groundless claim at the moment as I no longer own a blue oval. My mom has had wranglers since 2000 and refused to drive anything else. I hated them when I was growing up, mainly due to a sinful contrarianism, but have always really liked her JL. Being a Ford man, I was quite excited about the Bronco release. I made a reservation, but ended up dropping it and we got Explorer instead (lame). Six months go by and I stumbled upon a Bronco that a very small dealer in South Central Iowa was selling at MSRP. I sort of talked my wife into getting rid of her Explorer and did so a bit too hastily.

Anyhow, she dumped the Bronco on me, which I was quite happy about, and I got rid of my F-150. We got her a 2022 Pacifica Hybrid and my gears started to turn. This is one cool van… yes a cool minivan. I started looking at the 4xe online and really fell in love with it. I pushed that aside and started customizing the Bronco but still knowing in the back of my mind I could sell it and make a few bucks.

It took one ride with the doors off and the soft top to realize that my pregnant wife was not too much of a fan. She really didn’t like the soft top, neither did I, and the Bronco half doors seem rather half baked. Not nearly as easy of a process as a Jeep. And don’t get me started on the soft top design… So I dropped off the Bronco for a profit locally, albeit quite a bit less than if I hadn’t started making it my own. When I realized I could get a Rubicon 4xe for what I could get for the Bronco made it a no brainer. Anyhow, happy to be here and excited for the 4xe I have on order.

Here’s a pic of the Bronco for reference. Ford really did knock it out of the park on this. It’s not perfect by any means, but they will sell a boat load of them. It’s a good vehicle, just not the best one for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco to Wrangler D5AF0C49-68DD-4769-9230-DB0BF7BB8F37
Sponsored

Last edited:

SQTowelie

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on Jeep Rubicon 4xe by 6/10
Nice. I'm ordering the wife a Pacifica Hybrid as well. How do you like it so far?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
We take everyone, regardless of their past sins!

Perhaps it is me, but I don't see what is so hawt about the new Bronco. I really liked the 2-door Bronco until I got to check one up close and personal: I was shocked by the flimsiness of the large frameless windows, the cheapness of the plastics everywhere you looked and touched; the half-baked hardtop. It looked like a concept car that got rushed into production. Which is probably what happened, even after 15 years in development...

Regardless, I am glad you saw the light!

Welcome to the forum!

Since this is a Jeep forum, here is mine:
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco to Wrangler 1647536497165

OP
OP
Mason1646

Mason1646

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica Hybrid
Nice. I'm ordering the wife a Pacifica Hybrid as well. How do you like it so far?
We’ve had a rogue check engine light, but it’s not throwing a code. Other than that, it’s wonderful. I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. It was either this or a Sienna and would choose the Pacifica 10/10 times if I did it over again.

OP
OP
Mason1646

Mason1646

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica Hybrid
Welcome to the forum! We take everyone, regardless of their past sins!

Perhaps it is me, but I don't see what is so hawt about the new Bronco. I really liked the 2-door Bronco until I got to one up close and personal recently: I was shocked by the flimsiness of the large frameless windows, the cheapness of the plastics everywhere you looked and touched; the half-baked top. It looked like a concept car that got rushed into production. Which is probably what happened, even if it spent 15 years in development...

Regardless, I am glad you saw the light.

Since this is a Jeep forum, here is mine:
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco to Wrangler 1647536497165
Flimsiness, plasticity… it’s a ford dontyaknow lol. I’ve been a Ford guy but material choices are not their strong suit.

I also forgot to include that my life long Chevy-man dad got a Ram since the interior of even the nicest GM product looks like a Cracker Jack toy in comparison to the new Ram.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Flimsiness, plasticity… it’s a ford dontyaknow lol. I’ve been a Ford guy but material choices are not their strong suit.

I also forgot to include that my life long Chevy-man dad got a Ram since the interior of even the nicest GM product looks like a Cracker Jack toy in comparison to the new Ram.
:LOL:

Yes. Although I hear the interiors of the high-end 2022 Silverado and Sierra trims are right up there with the best Ram has to offer.

OP
OP
Mason1646

Mason1646

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica Hybrid
This is my mom’s jeep. It’s a pavement princess, but it’s a manual and has roll up windows so it’s a blast to drive.

562985FE-2B13-468F-8F64-B5D69B61E963.jpeg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, I go on Bronco6G.com forums every now and then just to get a kick.

Bronco owners are treated like dirt both by Ford and by its dealers, to the point that I feel good about my miserable Jeep dealer... 😫

OP
OP
Mason1646

Mason1646

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica Hybrid
:LOL:

Yes. Although I hear the interiors of the high-end 2022 Silverado and Sierra trims are right up there with the best Ram has to offer.
Very true, just happens to be 3 years too late. GM has been playing catch up for a while now.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is my mom’s jeep. It’s a pavement princess, but it’s a manual and has roll up windows so it’s a blast to drive.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco to Wrangler 562985FE-2B13-468F-8F64-B5D69B61E963
Mother Knows Best

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mason1646

Mason1646

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica Hybrid
BTW, I go on Bronco6G.com forums every now and then just to get a kick. Bronco owners are treated like dirt both by Ford and by its dealers, to the point that I feel good about my miserable Jeep dealer... 😫
I’m an Iowa local, and you probably know about the Granger debacle. Well I’m ordering my Jeep from Granger.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’m an Iowa local, and you probably know about the Granger debacle. Well I’m ordering my Jeep from Granger.
I do not. Please do share.

OP
OP
Mason1646

Mason1646

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica Hybrid
I do not. Please do share.
Ford screwed them over big time. Changed the allocation formula and favored the large dealerships. They had way over 1k orders (maybe 2K) and were delivering 40 a month in 2021 and are at 10 a month now.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I was ready to jump to Bronco if they would ever build the darn thing. I reserved one on the second day, gave it about 500 days and finally called it quits and got a Wrangler. Could not be happier! 2500 miles as of yesterday and the only issue I have is that CarPlay crashes using USB2 in the center console. Disappointed this problem has been happening for 4 years and is still not ironed out, but I’ll live if the dealer can’t fix it when I drop it off tomorrow.

Also haven’t cancelled my Bronco order just to see how long it takes to get pulled I’m at 610 days! My Jeep arrived at the dealer 48 days after order and production didn’t even start until 2 weeks later!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ford screwed them over big time. Changed the allocation formula and favored the large dealerships. They had way over 1k orders (maybe 2K) and were delivering 40 a month in 2021 and are at 10 a month now.
Oh yeah, I read about Ford screwing its smaller dealers --and their customers. I just didn't know any of the affected Ford dealers by name.
Sponsored