Stock Wrangler vs Stock Bronco Offroading

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
First, unfortunately why is that turd face even on this forum, you know who I mean.

I finally got a chance to watch the video. What the hell, they can't even title it right. It's not stock vs stock they put suspension parts on the schlonco.

So, yes they all said the schlonco did pretty good. Good for them. Did it dethrone the wrangler, not a chance in hell. Did it even out wheel it NO.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
That's funny. You know what's funnier, IIHS small overlap crash test. At 40mph the Wrangler flipped over. So much for 80 years of Jeep engineering. Hahahaha. Sadly, 48% of small overlap crashes end with death. That's not funny. 😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵
So you think every wrangler in an accident is gonna flip?

camo4stealth

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
I have a question about the Bronco. If they have lockers and an independent front suspension, isn't that kind of going in two different directions at once?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I have a question about the Bronco. If they have lockers and an independent front suspension, isn't that kind of going in two different directions at once?
Not at all, if nothing else the limited travel inherent to a short arm ifs needs lockers more so than a solid axle. When you routinely have a tire or 2 in the air, lockers are the only way you get any forward push. Open difs with tires in the air amount to no drive as the floating tires are the only ones turning.

camo4stealth

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
Not exactly what I meant. Locked and independent seem to contradict one another.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
You could look at it, depending on perspective, as the best of both worlds. Ford is offering a steering/suspension system that should excel 99% of the time; on-road. They are also offering lockers, front and rear, to keep the vehicle moving in 95%+ of the off road situations. What Ford engineers have been able to do is take the best of the Toyota 4Runner and add most of the Jeep Rubicon capability, which in essence means they've taken 1990s Toyota IFS technology to the 2003 Jeep level of off road performance. To put it another way, they've created a brand-new twenty year old 4Runner/Rubicon hybrid and named it the new Ford "Bronco".

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Not exactly what I meant. Locked and independent seem to contradict one another.
Locked is in reference to the axles, in that both front wheels will turn at the same rate regardless of traction.

Independent suspension means that one wheel's movement will not affect the other side. One wheel can hit a bump and the other wheel will not react (if the sway bar is disconnected). This is in contrast to a straight a.k.a. solid axle vehicle where a bump on one side will cause some movement on the other side.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I just found a behind the scenes video of LiteBrite's video from the perspective of the Mojito Rubicon.

Seeing it from this perspective makes me see how good of a spotter Brittany is. Also, at one point Kevin says something to the effect of "The Jeep is so much more stable". That said, the Bronco's do seem to do well.
Sponsored