Ricky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Picked up my 2021 Sahara Altitude from Gupton Motors this weekend.

Here are the factory options:

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4DR) Sahara Altitude
2.0L I4 w/ 8-speed auto
2.72:1 SELEC-TRAC Full Time AWD system
8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group
Advanced Safety Group
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Cold Weather Group
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Safety Group
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group

20210717_082850.jpg

This is my first Jeep, and will primarily be my daily driver, but I also plan to take it out on some trails, road trips, and other off-road adventures. Won't be doing any hard-core wheeling initially, but it definitely won't be a Mall Crawler.

It currently sits ~1 in lower than my previous truck ('07 GMC Sierra on 3 in RC lift), which is great - I plan to just throw some Rubicon take-off springs and a leveling kit on it and call it a day until my factory tires need to be replaced.

Mods Tracking:
PLANNED FIRST 6 MONTHS MODS:
1. Bestop Sunrider - had planned to get this from the dealer but shipping delayed it, so I'll pick it up separately.
2. Weathertech floormats (front, back, cargo)
3. Rubicon springs
4. Teraflex leveling kit
5. DV8 modular front bumper and matching rear bumper
6. N-Fab Nerf steps (for the wifey)
7. Misc. aesthetic mods (hinge covers, stubby antenna, etc)

LONG TERM PLANS:
1. The body-color hard top came with the Altitude package, but I think Hydro looks best with a black top, so I'll probably get it vinyl-wrapped within a year.
2. I'd like to go to 35s eventually, but it's a big $$ to do the necessary lift, tires, spare carrier, suspension adjustments/regear, etc.

Advertisement

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
First mods came in from Amazon last night!

20210721_164952.jpg

Clearly, the first thing that had to go was the antenna. This one is a few inches shorter than I thought it would be, but I still like it.

20210721_165213.jpg

Next up is some organization in that teeny-tiny console. Also not sure I'm going to keep this one - it *barely* fits my phone plugged in. But the light-hole is nice, and it's deep enough (takes up ~half of the height)

20210721_165441.jpg

After driving from Nashville back to Texas, I definitely needed a dead pedal. This is the Hooke one - SUPER easy to install and adjust. However, it came with *zero* instructions. Just 3 metal pieces in the box with a handful of nuts and bolts. Had to google to figure out how to assemble/install

20210721_172019.jpg

Last for this batch was a set of black plastic door handle inserts. Admittedly, I haven't actually "installed" these, as I need to clean the spots and prepare the area, etc. But you can set them in to get an idea of how they'll look. I think I like them.

Without:
20210721_165631.jpg

With:
20210721_165652.jpg

I also got a roll of 3M PPF, but am waiting to use it.

Arriving in the next few days is:
1. Weathertech mats (front, back, cargo)
2. Sunrider (Black Twill)
3. Uconnect screen protector
4. Brawlee LED Light Bar for the Rear Glass
5. Rugged Ridge entry guards
6. Black Hinge Covers

Getting the cheap(ish) cosmetic stuff knocked out this month. August is bumpers and possibly a small lift/budget boost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Picked up the full set of Weathertech last night. I'm pleased with the front, unsure about the back, and mostly pleased with the cargo mat.

Front Passenger:
20210723_184820.jpg

Front Driver:
20210723_184840.jpg

Rear. I don't like that it only covers up to the edge of the seat. Would prefer it go all the way back. I may be returning these for the SmartLiners that go all the way back:
20210723_184855.jpg

Cargo. This fits well with great coverage, but the lip along the tailgate doesn't go *under* the tailgate when you close it. It gets crunched up against it. I've put some weights on it to try to "train" it down, so I may give it a week or two and see if that helps.
20210723_184915.jpg

20210723_185000.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Put on the Rugged Ridge door steps today, along with removing the Wrangler sticker. Sticker peeled right off, easy peasy.

I know there's issues with the seal on the RR, but I don't plan to ford water anytime soon, so will just keep an eye on them otherwise. They ARE very heavy-duty, ~2-3mm thick, which I actually like. Plus the great protection.

20210724_105219.jpg

20210724_105237.jpg

20210724_105228.jpg

I did get the hinge covers in, but when I went to plasti-dip them, realized I was short one of the smaller bottom pieces, so I need to contact the seller.

Additionally, I realized that this kit didn't include hood hinge covers or tailgate hinge covers, so I may try to find those separately.

I also had an issue installing the handle inserts shown previously - the tape on them isn't great and they're *slightly* bowed, so they didn't stick cleanly. Going to grab some legit 3M tape and replace it all, then try again cause I really love how they look.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement