mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
I ordered the Core 4x4 Tier 3 and plan on installing them this week. What is a good starting point for length? I have the original Rubicon springs, plus a 2.5 inch spacer. I'm thinking 24 3/8 or 24 1/2.
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I ordered the Core 4x4 Tier 3 and plan on installing them this week. What is a good starting point for length? I have the original Rubicon springs, plus a 2.5 inch spacer. I'm thinking 24 3/8 or 24 1/2.
I installed Core 4x4 Tier 3 with Teraflex 2.5" springs on my Rubi . l used 24 and 3/8ths for lowers and 20 and 1/4 for upper, gave me 5 degree caster. Take that as a start. I would probably extend the lowers another turn out if I did it again. But those numbers should get you in the ball park.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I've the same setup as you except a 2.0" front spacer (and TeraFlex LCAs). I installed them at 24 3/8". If anything, I need one rotation longer, but I'm pretty happy where I am.

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've the same setup as you except a 2.0" front spacer (and TeraFlex LCAs). I installed them at 24 3/8". If anything, I need one rotation longer, but I'm pretty happy where I am.
Do you have stock upper control arms? Do you know what your caster angle is?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Do you have stock upper control arms? Do you know what your caster angle is?
Yes - front lowers are all I have. My caster went from less than 5° to between 6°-7° (closer to 7°). I'm using one of those orange angle-finders, and it's a little hard to be exacting. My highway steering went from flighty(ish) to rock solid.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes - front lowers are all I have. My caster went from less than 5° to between 6°-7° (closer to 7°). I'm using one of those orange angle-finders, and it's a little hard to be exacting. My highway steering went from flighty(ish) to rock solid.
Thanks for the info. I'll be starting at 24 3/8. I think I have the same orange angle finder.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned anything about shocks yet. In my opinion, if your shocks have stockish travel numbers, then there really isn't any need for a "better" flexing control arm.
Folks use adjustable lower or upper to fix the caster.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Folks use adjustable lower or upper to fix the caster.
Yes they do.

With the exception of the OEM Rubicons, everyone modifying their caster has some sort of lift kit... some of those being spacers with shock extensions using OEM shocks, or aftermarket shocks that offer no more travel than OEM. So to reiterate what I previously stated: If you don't have any more shock travel than OEM, in my opinion an arm that flexes more than OEM isn't needed.

Sponsored

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
This makes me so excited for my alignment hahah. I was dealing with the same thing but I'm ready for less effort to stay in a straight line :CWL:

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
I've got the 2.5" RC lift and have been considering both of these options as they are the same price roughly:

https://www.northridge4x4.ca/part/c...-sport-front-lower-flexarm-kit-1-5-3-5in-lift

https://www.northridge4x4.ca/part/c...h-country-adjustable-front-lower-control-arms

I'm worried that the RC adjustable are lower quality as I don't understand how adjustable could be manufactured for the same price as fixed?

Both should get the job done in terms of additional castor - but are they similar quality? Probably not...

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've got the 2.5" RC lift and have been considering both of these options as they are the same price roughly:

https://www.northridge4x4.ca/part/c...-sport-front-lower-flexarm-kit-1-5-3-5in-lift

https://www.northridge4x4.ca/part/c...h-country-adjustable-front-lower-control-arms

I'm worried that the RC adjustable are lower quality as I don't understand how adjustable could be manufactured for the same price as fixed?

Both should get the job done in terms of additional castor - but are they similar quality? Probably not...
Have you looked at the TeraFlex adjustable ones?

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
what the hell, I guess I'll just jump in here and ask:
if the steering in the rubi's is better than the other trim levels and my brand new '20 rubi is a loose sumbitch at anything above 25, should I fork out the cash for some longer or adjustable control arms? upper? lower? both?

I really don't want to go down this hole, but it just has to be better than it is

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
20201106_185110_HDR.jpg

Adjustable control arms weak? Tell that to Spence at Core 4X4. LOL

Hey Spence. Your adjustable control arms are weak.
There. Did I do it right?
Sponsored