First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Any ideas on what length I’ll need to have adjustable front lower control arms with a mopar lifted rubicon? I ordered new lower control arms as my steering is a little flighty, not terrible, but also wanted to get them as they are color matched to my Jeep. Going with core 4x4 t2 lowers and looking for length suggestions. Thanks. If I don’t hear back, I’ll plan on doing them about 1/4 ish inch longer than the mopar lift ones.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any ideas on what length I’ll need to have adjustable front lower control arms with a mopar lifted rubicon? I ordered new lower control arms as my steering is a little flighty, not terrible, but also wanted to get them as they are color matched to my Jeep. Going with core 4x4 t2 lowers and looking for length suggestions. Thanks. If I don’t hear back, I’ll plan on doing them about 1/4 ish inch longer than the mopar lift ones.
That’s a good place to start. If you have angle finder to check caster, it will help. If your lift gave you 3” or more you’ll find that it drives the best around 6 degrees. I landed at 6.2 - 6.3 range on mine. But I’m on 3.5” lift.

I was fortunate, I have a buddy that works at a dealership, so I was able to adjust mine on alignment rack, go drive it, adjust them, drive it, etc.... and see it on the computer. If the core 4x4 arms have a jamb nut, then wait till you get them where you want it before doing final torque to spec. My RK arms required 250 ft lbs....:swear:..... had to buy a new torque wrench.......... .:facepalm:.........:)

Last edited:

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I believe that your stock arms were 20" long and the mopar lift ones are 20.25". Might not need another 1/4".

OP
OP
Jerrybizzle

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Thanks for the info guys. I’ll let you know what I end up with. 250 ft/lbs is crazy!! We will see.
Sponsored