Sponsored

Adjustable or fixed lower arms?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Still light weight and inflexible compared to any quality arms I’ve ever installed. The rock crawler arms have 90° of misalignment and are probably 4 times the weight of the stockers. The metal cloak arms offer 68° of misalignment if you prefer maintenance free rubber bushings. The Mopar arms on the other hand likely won’t ever see 10° of misalignment without complete failure.
I wasn't arguing anything you stated, just that the Mopar lift LCAs are a decent improvement over the stockers for the small price paid. Sure aftermarket LCAs w/ all they have to offer, will be a substantial upgrade over OEM sets, but for the purpose of getting caster corrected and a bit stronger it's not a bad choice if you're not going w/ much aftermarket lift and are running the less equipped sport/sahara pkgs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Punkn89

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Trust me, that was my thinking too. Big Metalcloak fan here - I ran the game changer lift on my JKU prior and I understand quality adjustable arms. This will actually be my first time purchasing and installing fixed arms. The JLU is a whole different beast which I’m still learning a lot about and considering the already sagged Sahara springs and the small spacers Im putting on to only clear 33’s, I just thought the mopar lca‘s would do the trick. have no experience with the mopar ones which is why I was mainly concerned, but considering they run them with a lift that gives you at minimum 3 inches, even though they say it’s a 2 incher, you would think they should provide enough caster.

I have no doubt in the future when I do upgrade springs and gears to clear 35’s (maybe once this recession is over and tire prices aren’t through the roof), I’ll get adjustable ones.