Sponsored

5,000 Mile Reliability Poll

Have you went 5,000 miles without issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I know. Everyone talks about their $60,000 Jeep. Mine was under $40,000, and I think that was expensive.

It's like people who buy the Hermes AppleWatch. Good on you if that's what you want. Just don't complain about the battery life on your $1,000 watch when it really isn't worth the $500 the base watch sells for. That's not on Apple. That's on you.
That makes 3 of us lol I’m a cheap SOB too and my wife hates it HAHA
Sponsored

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I’m under 5k whole lot of alignments and stabilizer shock. Steering wheel still not centered when driving.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
My only issue/repair so far has been a software update for the UConnect issues. That worked perfectly me, so I'm counting myself lucky and voting for "performed as designed." Passed 5,000 miles last week.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Which brand name conveyed craftmanship to you: Chrysler or Fiat?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Which brand name conveyed craftmanship to you: Chrysler or Fiat?
This is my 11th new Chrysler: I am familiar. My service manager told me the JL has a lot of Fiat under the hood. It is clear to me by the numbers in this poll that isn’t a good thing.

The way I worded the poll was criticized by some but I figured the more detail I put in the description, the more people would read into it and miss the point. Sure, on one hand some people might complain about very minor things to the dealer, but on the other, you got people that miss details that aren’t quite right. In my mind, maybe those two groups balanced each other out. Regardless, according to the poll so far, 1 in 3 Jeeps have needed something fixed. Minor fixes included, that is unprecedented an ANY new vehicle, Chrysler or otherwise, that I have ever purchased.

I will still probably get another JL or JT because I do like Jeeps. I just think Fiat has some quality control issues to work through if the don’t want to tanish the Jeep brand.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
This is my 11th new Chrysler: I am familiar. My service manager told me the JL has a lot of Fiat under the hood. It is clear to me by the numbers in this poll that isn’t a good thing.

The way I worded the poll was criticized by some but I figured the more detail I put in the description, the more people would read into it and miss the point. Sure, on one hand some people might complain about very minor things to the dealer, but on the other, you got people that miss details that aren’t quite right. In my mind, maybe those two groups balanced each other out. Regardless, according to the poll so far, 1 in 3 Jeeps have needed something fixed. Minor fixes included, that is unprecedented an ANY new vehicle, Chrysler or otherwise, that I have ever purchased.

I will still probably get another JL or JT because I do like Jeeps. I just think Fiat has some quality control issues to work through if the don’t want to tanish the Jeep brand.
Both Chrysler and Fiat are perhaps the two brands with the world’s worst quality and craftmanship reputation. We all know this yet we all bought one. It’s like the Raiders and the Browns joined forces to create a team together lol. That being said, I love my Jeep but I was also an ASE certified tech years ago so I know my way around a vehicle. Otherwise I wouldn’t touch any Chrysler or Fiat and certainly not some demon baby they created. I was hoping Toyota would buy the brand and not Fiat.

Thermodynamicles

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I don't think having to have the ECM flashed for the cruise control recall while you're in for an oil change is much of an "issue". Recalls happen. Most of the time, they're nonsense.

Inka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have 5800 miles on my JLUR and so far so good- knock on wood

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I’ve had the following issues:
-Spring bowing from Mopar lift. This took a lot of chat and phone hours to get fixed but seems like other side is now bowing so gotta go back
-rear right fender was falling off, had to get replaced
-need to get my defrost looked at, not working now. Probably wire or quick fix
-also going to have them check rest of suspension in front to make sure all is nice and torqued to spec. Hard to explain but can feel movement when going over bumps.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Also not sure if you guys experience this but annoys crap out of me...when vents are on for heat and roads are wet or slushy I can hear road noise so loud. When I change the heat to off or defrost only the sound dissipates

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@Mattyp1214 My Jeep is stuck in KZ, hoping I don't have to come back with issues but damn you have a checklist. When did you pick yours up? Was it an early build?

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Back on subject of this survey, my JLR hasn't been perfect, as of 5k miles...and I reflected it in the survey. However, it has exceeded my expectations, and continues to be a joy to own and drive--so do not interpret that all of those that have had an issue are displeased. I've owned 4 different Wrangler models and a total of 5 Jeeps over the years, and I loved them all. This JL is the best Jeep so far, in terms of satisfaction of ownership, in my survey of 1.

Love Jeep, FCA, not so much. Unfortunately, they come as a package deal at this point...I'm living with it.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
@theplankeye

Even excluding recalls, no one has a JL that does not have an issue that should / could be / needs to be dealt with.

Here is just one example that affects all JL's build between 9/17 to June 2018:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-washer-nozzle-leaking-october-6-2018.16385/
"All" and "always" can be dangerous words to use. For the record, my JL has had a number of issues since I purchased it in June. Most of these issues have been minor with one notable exception being the steering "lock up" problem it had which was cured with the TSB-related PCM reconfiguration. The steering is still a bit loose, but this doesn't present a real problem except when driving at highway speeds with a strong crosswind. This combination can cause unpleasant, white-knuckle moments. With all that said, after the six months and three thousand plus miles I've had the Jeep, its rear washer nozzle has never leaked. Now the passenger side rear window defroster's electrical tab is currently hanging uselessly where it detached from the glass, but the washer nozzle hasn't yet leaked. Crazy, huh?!
Sponsored