Sponsored

5,000 Mile Reliability Poll

Have you went 5,000 miles without issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@XTrooper

I hear ya.... For example that example I gave is in regard to JL's with hard tops. 8-)

I'd almost be willing to bet your hard top JL will at some point in time have the rear washer nozzle dribble.
Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
@XTrooper

I hear ya.... For example that example I gave is in regard to JL's with hard tops. 8-)

I'd almost be willing to bet your hard top JL will at some point in time have the rear washer nozzle dribble.
I'm too smart to take that bet, amigo!

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We'd like to thank all military (current and ex) personnel here! :flag:

But, let's please stay on topic. Off-topic posts have been removed.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
2 door Rubicon with PST and MT, built end of June, took delivery from dealer 05 July. No issues or recalls of any kind at just under 7K miles. Appears that I'm an anomaly of sorts

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Okay. I lied. I officially have an issue. My windshield finally succumbed to a small chip that's lingered for months and split when I used the defroster. Liek, OMG.

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
@Mattyp1214 My Jeep is stuck in KZ, hoping I don't have to come back with issues but damn you have a checklist. When did you pick yours up? Was it an early build?
Took delivery last January so an early build. Haven’t had recalls other than cruise control so I don’t think that makes a big difference.
I feel overall it is well built, suspension looking back I would’ve waited. But other thing seem normal that could happen to anyone

2500 hd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR.
Took delivery last January so an early build. Haven’t had recalls other than cruise control so I don’t think that makes a big difference.
I feel overall it is well built, suspension looking back I would’ve waited. But other thing seem normal that could happen to anyone
What about the suspension would you have waited for ?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Love my JL Rubicon no other comments, this seems like a conversation just to say bad things about the Jeep.

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Love my JL Rubicon no other comments, this seems like a conversation just to say bad things about the Jeep.
That wasn’t the intent when I started this poll. While this forum has a lot of objective people who like Jeeps, it also has a combination of fanboys that refuse to see anything wrong and haters who only see poor engineering. There are hundreds of threads started by all types. My intent was to consolidate a lot of sentiment from all sides into a single pragmatic metric. Today is the last day of the poll. We will see if any last minute votes change the overall statistics.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Looks like I may have my first issue. My heater/defroster (front, I have a Soft Top) seems to have two temperatures; Full Cold or Full Hot. I think I’ll wait a bit to make sure this isnt pilot error or until I have some other reason to bring it in.

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
10K miles and nothing.
Every known vehicle ever built has and issue NOT one perfect vehicle of no kind is issue free
We can forum them complain post on 10 Jeep blogs and they will still be there. BMW, MERCEDES, BENTLEY all have issues and the next generation of all vehicle will have issues.
I'm not trying to cover them up or am I a fan boy but just stating the obvious. If people want perfect walk.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
it also has a combination of fanboys that refuse to see anything wrong
Being pleased with a product that hasn't had any issues doesn't make one a fanboy.

While I'm extremely happy with my JL and still have yet to have a problem with it, I and many others here are not blind to the abysmal quality of both Chrysler and Fiat. It's no secret that when they combined, they made two giant turds become one monumental turd. I've shit on FCA quite a bit for their lackluster quality and still argue their "JeepCares" PR machine only exists because a lot of dealerships don't care, at all, and need that extra push from above to make things happen solely for the purpose of looking good, not because it's the right thing to do.

That being said, Jeep is a much different company today than it was ten years ago. Jeep cares about Jeep now. They didn't a flying fuck when the JK came out. There was no love, no passion, no pride, and no care for that Wrangler in the beginning. While they redesigned the body, it was made up of parts bin components that nobody liked to begin with. The 3.8L was a dog. The 42RLE was garbage. The NSG370 wasn't even good in the TJ. And when the JK broke down, had safety issues, and flaw after flaw, Chrysler never issued a recall and assigned all of the major stuff to TSBs that most dealerships made customers eat in cost.

It actually took Fiat to step back, look at the JK in its abysmal state, admit it was shit, and turn it around. Unfortunately, the JK was already towards the end of its life by the time it got the love it deserved, but it happened. And now we have that attention moved onto the JL. Look at all the recalls and TSBs issued. Yeah, they're high, but they exist! They're recognized! Jeep seems to actually care now! Does that excuse their continued shitty quality? Of course not. But they're making progress and we gotta start somewhere.

The JL isn't perfect by any means, but it's a phenomenally better new generation launch of the Wrangler than the last one by leaps and bounds. And while I have a shiteating grin on my face every time I plant myself into the front seat, I have no illusions that my vehicle built by a monumental turd company is going to have some goofy problem down the road. However, for now, it's been fantastic.

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Being pleased with a product that hasn't had any issues doesn't make one a fanboy.

While I'm extremely happy with my JL and still have yet to have a problem with it, I and many others here are not blind to the abysmal quality of both Chrysler and Fiat. It's no secret that when they combined, they made two giant turds become one monumental turd. I've shit on FCA quite a bit for their lackluster quality and still argue their "JeepCares" PR machine only exists because a lot of dealerships don't care, at all, and need that extra push from above to make things happen solely for the purpose of looking good, not because it's the right thing to do.

That being said, Jeep is a much different company today than it was ten years ago. Jeep cares about Jeep now. They didn't a flying fuck when the JK came out. There was no love, no passion, no pride, and no care for that Wrangler in the beginning. While they redesigned the body, it was made up of parts bin components that nobody liked to begin with. The 3.8L was a dog. The 42RLE was garbage. The NSG370 wasn't even good in the TJ. And when the JK broke down, had safety issues, and flaw after flaw, Chrysler never issued a recall and assigned all of the major stuff to TSBs that most dealerships made customers eat in cost.

It actually took Fiat to step back, look at the JK in its abysmal state, admit it was shit, and turn it around. Unfortunately, the JK was already towards the end of its life by the time it got the love it deserved, but it happened. And now we have that attention moved onto the JL. Look at all the recalls and TSBs issued. Yeah, they're high, but they exist! They're recognized! Jeep seems to actually care now! Does that excuse their continued shitty quality? Of course not. But they're making progress and we gotta start somewhere.

The JL isn't perfect by any means, but it's a phenomenally better new generation launch of the Wrangler than the last one by leaps and bounds. And while I have a shiteating grin on my face every time I plant myself into the front seat, I have no illusions that my vehicle built by a monumental turd company is going to have some goofy problem down the road. However, for now, it's been fantastic.
Great post! Please understand, when I say “fanboy” I am referring to those who scream blasphemy every time someone says something other than how great EVERYTHING Jeep is. Not someone like you who loves their Jeep but can at least acknowledge not everything is perfect.

I agree that Fiat brought a lot of innovation to the new JL, I just feel they rushed production and that is the cause for what I see as a higher than normal issue / recall rate for a vehicle that has been out less than a year.

I have had 20 new vehicles in my life (11 being Chrysler). I have participated in vehicle forums since they started having them. Never have I seen the amount of issues I see here.

I would be perfectly happy if they called me and told me my Jeep was fixed. If they end up offering me a buyback or replacement, I will consider another Jeep as I have owned two previously. I will also consider other options. My brand loyalty has been tested less by my actual defective Jeep, and more by how FCA corporate is mismanaging the process.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
My new JL is perfect but I haven't picked it up yet! :giggle:
I just picked my JLUR has 12 miles on it and leaking antifreeze on the right side of the engine dripping on my garage floor . I'm trying to locate where it's coming from at the moment . My first Jeep and I'm not real happy right now, no I'm pissed !
Sponsored