392 - problem

Rubi392

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 458, panamera 4s Maserati grab tourismo
Seems my 392 is having a problem. After making a sharp turn usually a u-turn I get a sway bar warning light once I shut down the car and restart no power steering. Seems like each time this happens the fuse that is tied to the power steering is blown. Once replaced all back to normal... something is not right.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Seems my 392 is having a problem. After making a sharp turn usually a u-turn I get a sway bar warning light once I shut down the car and restart no power steering. Seems like each time this happens the fuse that is tied to the power steering is blown. Once replaced all back to normal... something is not right.
First: it's a Jeep not a car.

Since this isn't specific to the 392, you'll probably have better luck posting this in another subforum such as Suspension, Steering, Chassis or Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls

OP
OP

Rubi392

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably have more luck at dealer since you have warranty than trying to resolve issue on forum!
Agreed just never know when someone else has had the problem. The Jeep has been to the dealer twice already with no luck. Heading back this morning

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
Did you try seating all of your fuses? It's been talked about a lot on these forums, and it's one of the first things I did when I got mine home. I heard several fuses click into place when applying pressure. Electrical gremlins can manifest in a bunch of weird ways.

I met up with a buddy a couple months ago. He has a 2019 Rubicon Recon that was giving him weird Auxiliary battery warnings every time he started his Jeep. I asked him if he's ever seated his fuses which he hadn't. We popped open the fuse box and clicked several into place. No more warning messages on startup.

Your issue could be something totally unrelated, but IMO it's definitely worth checking out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rubi392

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you try seating all of your fuses? It's been talked about a lot on these forums, and it's one of the first things I did when I got mine home. I heard several fuses click into place when applying pressure. Electrical gremlins can manifest in a bunch of weird ways.

I met up with a buddy a couple months ago. He has a 2019 Rubicon Recon that was giving him weird Auxiliary battery warnings every time he started his Jeep. I asked him if he's ever seated his fuses which he hadn't. We popped open the fuse box and clicked several into place. No more warning messages on startup.

Your issue could be something totally unrelated, but IMO it's definitely worth checking out.
I did do that plus the fuse that keeps blowing has been replaced 3 times and seated correctly. Definitely has to do with the electronics around the sway bar. Will keep all posted itā€™s a dealer now

OP
OP

Rubi392

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Either crawl under your Wrangler or get it on a lift. Look for any wires that may be partially exposed or making contact with points that they shouldnā€™t.
the dealer has elevated the problem to engineering at FCA. We shall see what happens

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
the dealer has elevated the problem to engineering at FCA. We shall see what happens
Interesting, is that because they couldn't figure out what was wrong, or was it because they aren't sure how to fix it?

OP
OP

Rubi392

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, is that because they couldn't figure out what was wrong, or was it because they aren't sure how to fix it?
couldnā€™t figure it out.

Sponsored

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
any update on this one?

407Lou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Resurrecting an old thread...

I had this happen to me last weekend. Stopped at a store for a few, got back in the Jeep and same codes popped up with no power steering. 1500 miles on mine.

Took it to the dealer where they first replaced the fuse and did it again. Service tech found a wire harness retainer not secured near the right shock tower and exhaust manifold. This harness was rubbing on the exhaust manifold heat shield. Harness was repaired and covered with heat shield tape. All good now.

Service advisor was trying to tell me it was probably due to the lift installed. I installed the lift myself and the harness involved is above the frame and does not extend down below to the axle or sway bar. That would be equivalent to saying a full articulation on the right side could cause this issue. Regardless, covered under warranty.
Sponsored