Sponsored

392 vs XR 392 suspension

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Any 392 non-XR and 392 XR owners care to check and post what their spring part numbers are?
Sponsored

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
The tire carrier will be tight. Funny the variation. My stock tire has at most an inch.
The XR package calls out
  • 35-Inch Tire Rubicon 392 Suspension
anyone know what that is?

I am shopping for a replacement for the wild peak m/t‘s since I need a snow rated tire for where I live. With my JKUR I went thru a bunch of rubbing with different lifts and tire sizes and I don’t want to go thru that again. I also want to leave my non XR suspension stock. I need to decide between 285/75/17s and 35/11.5/17s size.

I tried to follow what others were doing with my jk and I rubbed like crazy. So is the XR392 more lift than not XR? If they are the same I would feel more comfortable ordering 35s.

I know you said 392, but I run 35s on my 4XE with no issue and no lift, but did the tire relocation bracket on the back with the 3rd brake light relocate kit. Look good and it all works great.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 vs XR 392 suspension tempImageAHcxRy

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 vs XR 392 suspension tempImagecgzqYe

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I have a 392 non-XR, and when I ordered it I skipped around at least 3-4 people who ordered 392 XRs before me. I think there were parts shortages on that option. My build time was 7 weeks to the door.

I didn't want the 4.56 as the highway driving/gas mileage would suffer. Plus I had a set of good Nitto 315-70-17 already. Still low mileage at 3,000 thus far, but no issues. Rides fantastic and no rubbing whatsoever. Tires came off my 2020 Willys and that needed spacers to clear at full turn. on the 392 I did have to remove the small thin plastic cover under the tire on this 392's rear bumper because the tire would rub the bumper and get stuck. other than that, rides like a dream and shocks people left and right, both the color and to stop light fun.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 vs XR 392 suspension tempImagecgzqYe
Your old post got my attention. Removing the plastic piece on the bumper might be just enough clearance. How did you remove it and what was the bumper like under it? Thanks 😊

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Your old post got my attention. Removing the plastic piece on the bumper might be just enough clearance. How did you remove it and what was the bumper like under it? Thanks 😊
I got my mpg on my 392 XR on 35s over 16 mpg, and I still enjoy fun sound and starts. I am running 93 octane so it is not cheap. I am the inventor of Exact Center my 392 has a 135-pound unit and it does drive and handle as good as the best high-end SUV you could buy. I am selling mine to get a JT maybe so we can address steering issues some are having with Gladiators. If you have any questions on Exact Center and Jeeps. Contact [email protected] or 8-4 EST at 1-989-448-2501 for Jeep or RV info. Recently I spent 13 days traveling 4500 miles in a Super C RV and when I returned to driving the Jeep it took two days to adjust as its steering is similar to the RV but the wheelbase makes it much faster reacting, Soon it was like I had never left, steering was perfect again. It did not change, I did, I slowed down and enjoyed the drive.
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 vs XR 392 suspension 1663185471674

Last edited:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I got my mpg on my 392 XR on 35s over 16 mpg, and I still enjoy fun sound and starts. I am running 93 octane so it is not cheap. I am the inventor of Exact Center my 392 has a 135-pound unit and it does drive and handle as good as the best high-end SUV you could buy. I am selling mine to get a JT maybe so we can address steering issues some are having with Gladiators. If you have any questions on Exact Center and Jeeps. Contact [email protected] or 8-4 EST at 1-989-448-2501 for Jeep or RV info. Recently I spent 13 days traveling 4500 miles in a Super C RV and when I returned to driving the Jeep it took two days to adjust as its steering is similar to the RV but the wheelbase makes it much faster reacting, Soon it was like I had never left, steering was perfect again. It did not change, I did, I slowed down and enjoyed the drive.
?—my question was how to remove the plastic step pad under the spare. BTW— I am jealous of those who have 93 octane available and not getting close to 16 mpg.

Sponsored

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
?—my question was how to remove the plastic step pad under the spare. BTW— I am jealous of those who have 93 octane available and not getting close to 16 mpg.
I have XR and have never looked behind spare.
I am doing country driving with very little in town mixed in the country at about 60 mph on 80 mph intestate it is about 14-15 mpg now. My mileage has gone up since it was new. At maybe 5000-6000 miles the numbers went up and it is all 93 octane. I bought my grandson's 2020 WRX just so I did not need to drive the 392 every day, but could still have fun.
My 392 will go to my winter storage dealer along with my RV a 2021 Dynamax Isatta 5 28SS Explorer on a Ram 5500 4 WD and be put up for sale. My 392 has a lot of RV dinghy FCA ads so I need a high-end class A RV owner to see the value. I like it, but for me, it is just a hotrod as I will not take it off-road, I have a Canam 1000 with heat air and tracks for offroad, but never the 392.

mikek1971

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler rubicon, grand cherokee and a cherokee
I have 35/12.50 r17 tires on my stock, non XR 392 tire carrier with no issues. I am using 17x9 wheels with a -12 offset (4.5 inch backspacing, versus the 6 inch backspacing of the factory non-XR wheels) so my spare sits 1.5 inch farther out from the mount than with the factory wheels.

The only thing I had to change was I swapped out the factory rubber bump stops for the spare tire to larger ones I got from Amazon ($31), and I raised the 3rd brake-light higher by simplymoving the factory mount for it up to the next set of holes. (no new parts required for that.) My spare tire sits very close to my bumper, but there is about a 1/4 inch of space left. See below for two pics of the spare. See more of my pics here if you're interested: Stock 392 with 35's

-Rob
looks great what kind of fuel mileage do you get running on the highway

mikek1971

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler rubicon, grand cherokee and a cherokee
I have a 392 non-XR, and when I ordered it I skipped around at least 3-4 people who ordered 392 XRs before me. I think there were parts shortages on that option. My build time was 7 weeks to the door.

I didn't want the 4.56 as the highway driving/gas mileage would suffer. Plus I had a set of good Nitto 315-70-17 already. Still low mileage at 3,000 thus far, but no issues. Rides fantastic and no rubbing whatsoever. Tires came off my 2020 Willys and that needed spacers to clear at full turn. on the 392 I did have to remove the small thin plastic cover under the tire on this 392's rear bumper because the tire would rub the bumper and get stuck. other than that, rides like a dream and shocks people left and right, both the color and to stop light fun.

love it
what kind of fuel mileage do you get on highway

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
looks great what kind of fuel mileage do you get running on the highway
Thanks!
Hard to say for sure, as I haven't taken it on any long road trips, and despite it being my daily-driver, I rarely have to drive on the highway. My combined mileage however, depends a lot on my driving.

It usually averages around 12 mpg with relatively moderate use of the "fun" pedal on the right. Although in times of uhh, more frequent "fun-pedal usage" it will typically drop it closer to 10.
Sponsored