2.0T eTorque vs Non eTorque? - anyone driven both?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
The start stop is so quick it doesn’t bother me unlike my Alfa with the 2.0 and ESS. It’s very annoying and the lag time can be dangerous in my opinion.
A friend is considering a Alfa. How do you like it overall? How is the reliability, any issues? Is the service any better then at Jeep? Would you recommend one? Thanks.

Advertisement

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
A friend is considering a Alfa. How do you like it overall? How is the reliability, any issues? Is the service any better then at Jeep? Would you recommend one? Thanks.
It’s been a good vehicle but I do have a sound system unavailable light that they’ve tried to fix. Everything appears to work fine though. Not having a dipstick to measure the oil and adding oil a few oz at a time until the monitor updates five mins later are annoyances but small in the scope of things.

My wife drives it and we’re planning on trading it because the car is too delicate for her lol. Our roads aren’t that bad but rubber band profile handling oriented tires... she’s killing them. We’ve lost two in a month. Then she scraped the lower fascia on a curb. Yeah...we plan to pick up a Rubicon soon. Lol

It’s a fun, quick, go cart handling car though.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
It’s been a good vehicle but I do have a sound system unavailable light that they’ve tried to fix. Everything appears to work fine though. Not having a dipstick to measure the oil and adding oil a few oz at a time until the monitor updates five mins later are annoyances but small in the scope of things.

My wife drives it and we’re planning on trading it because the car is too delicate for her lol. Our roads aren’t that bad but rubber band profile handling oriented tires... she’s killing them. We’ve lost two in a month. Then she scraped the lower fascia on a curb. Yeah...we plan to pick up a Rubicon soon. Lol

It’s a fun, quick, go cart handling car though.
Which model does your wife have? How long has she owned it? Congrats on the Rubicon. I own a Rubicon, LOVE IT!

My friend is considering the Stelvio SUV. She is seeing a quite a few very low milage used 1-2 year old models for pretty good savings over brand new. She figures she can buy a FCA extended warranty to cover her if she likes it and keeps it longer.

Adamoni

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
I just picked up a 2020 JLU Rubicon Recon with 2.0L turbo charged 4cy and 70ft-lbs of eTorque electric hybrid turbo assist!

Also, the ESS doesn’t use the starter after the first start, the 48v system is so quiet starting that I’ve opted not to bypass the ESS.

26.6 MPG around town today isn’t too bad for a brick wall on wheels!

428CD66E-B1DE-4E2C-8EE3-CBA252D6EDE0.jpeg
What are you doing to get that mileage? I’m barely getting 18mpg in my new Recon.

BHo

First Name
Billy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
What are you doing to get that mileage? I’m barely getting 18mpg in my new Recon.
Trying to stay off the turbo. Squeeze the throttle like an eggshell is underneath it. Also, it took a 1000 miles or so for the computer to adjust.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
Your mpg will get better as you drive more.

I have a 2 door Rubicon with the 2.0T eTorque.

Not sure why? Maybe rings wear in? My milage definitely started getting a lot better at around 3K-4K miles. I was getting around 17-18 mpg combined (80% city) until I hit around 3K-4K miles. I now get 20-21 mpg combined (80% city). I get as high as 26 mpg all highway with A/C on. Dead flat highway averaging 70-75 mph. All on summer blend gas. Winter blend and extra time to warm up knocks off 1-2 mpg.

I'd say that's pretty unbelievable for a Wrangler. Especially when you take into consideration how much power it makes. No past Wrangler is even close in terms of power and mpg. The diesel and PHEV might be a different story? I guess we will see soon.

ExpeditionBuilds

First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hard Rock
Your mpg will get better as you drive more.

I have a 2 door Rubicon with the 2.0T eTorque.

Not sure why? Maybe rings wear in? My milage definitely started getting a lot better at around 3K-4K miles. I was getting around 17-18 mpg combined (80% city) until I hit around 3K-4K miles. I now get 20-21 mpg combined (80% city). I get as high as 26 mpg all highway with A/C on. Dead flat highway averaging 70-75 mph. All on summer blend gas. Winter blend and extra time to warm up knocks off 1-2 mpg.

I'd say that's pretty unbelievable for a Wrangler. Especially when you take into consideration how much power it makes. No past Wrangler is even close in terms of power and mpg. The diesel and PHEV might be a different story? I guess we will see soon.
I've owned BMW's in the past and it was the same with a new engine. Gas mileage and 0-60 times improved at/about the 5k miles. Modern engines/trans with tight manufacturing specs?

Looking forward to getting into a 2.0L eTorque sometime in the near future.

-Steven

Robertmkc

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Willys, 2019 JLUS
I might be late to this party, but we bought my wife a 2019 Sport S with the 2.0L eTorque on Saturday. I have a 2020 Willys without it. Both of ours are Unlimited, mostly the same options except for the Willys package on mine. There is a slight difference, definitely. Granted, I'm running MTs vs her street tires, but I can hammer down on the gas in hers and spin the tires with no problem. Once the turbo kicks in, they are pretty identical, though.