2.0 Engine Skid Plates

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I am about to order these skids for my 2020 Rubi Recon with the 2.0T e-torque, but getting mixed messages about the transfer skid plate.

Some say on here it works and others say it doesn't. I think the biggest difference is between 2/4 door Jeeps.

So before I order the transfer case skid does it in fact work on a 2020 Unlimited 2.0T with e-torque? I want to say it does, but want to be 100% sure before I place my order later today.

Thanks,

Ken~

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I am about to order these skids for my 2020 Rubi Recon with the 2.0T e-torque, but getting mixed messages about the transfer skid plate.

Some say on here it works and others say it doesn't. I think the biggest difference is between 2/4 door Jeeps.

So before I order the transfer case skid does it in fact work on a 2020 Unlimited 2.0T with e-torque? I want to say it does, but want to be 100% sure before I place my order later today.

Thanks,

Ken~
I have the exact same wrangler as you and i ordered both skids. Other people have told me they fit so we will see.

Deathtoal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm thinking there's a chance they sent me the wrong skid. The front portion of mine is much too wide to fit in between the stock skid arms. Jason's picture also shows an additional hole in the front that mine doesn't have. I'll probably just cut it to fit and call it a day.

Rangerhughes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2020 Mercedes AMG 45, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Dodge PW: 2017 Indian Chieftain
Ok, picked up my ASFIR skids from the powder coat-er, after all the hype on rather they would fit on a 2.0/2 Door, I had to blow off work and see for myself if all there was something to all the confusion. Low and Behold!!!! It bolted up in like 5 minutes taking my time, trying not to get dirty because Im at work. The real predicament is: should I tell my wife who allowed me to buy a gun and new tools to cure my depression brought on from the it wont fit crowd and have to return the new Christian Brothers 300 PRC and 20 volt grinder or keep it a secret and hold on to everything?

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates tranfer skid

Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok, picked up my ASFIR skids from the powder coat-er, after all the hype on rather they would fit on a 2.0/2 Door, I had to blow off work and see for myself if all there was something to all the confusion. Low and Behold!!!! It bolted up in like 5 minutes taking my time, trying not to get dirty because Im at work. The real predicament is: should I tell my wife who allowed me to buy a gun and new tools to cure my depression brought on from the it wont fit crowd and have to return the new Christian Brothers 300 PRC and 20 volt grinder or keep it a secret and hold on to everything?

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates tranfer skid
Is this a joke? Put those items in the attic for three months, then when they come out just tell her youā€™ve had them for a while! :CWL:

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I ended up ordering the skid plates yesterday. I received and email from them with the following videos links:

- = Transfer Skid
- = Engine Skid

Quick little video to show you how they go on. I have installed skids in the past so wasn't really worried, but nice to see that they now have a videos of the installs.

Ken~

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I ended up ordering the skid plates yesterday. I received and email from them with the following videos links:

- = Transfer Skid
- = Engine Skid

Quick little video to show you how they go on. I have installed skids in the past so wasn't really worried, but nice to see that they now have a videos of the installs.

Ken~
Dang this videos would have been helpful 2months ago! Lol. Last time I talked to Leonard I mentioned making a couple quick install videos since they were plenty of people interested.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
This thread has kind of turn in the assfur thread, but just wanted to mention that I noticed that Metal Cloak finally released a part number for their 2.0 non-eTorque skids. They had previously only had the eTorque part number which included the extra skid for the 48v system not needed by the non-eTorque. Price is less as expected.

Sponsored

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I had Metal Cloak on my old JKU, but didn't want/need full under body skids this time. I don't wheel as hard as I used to. Also was never a fan of the gold. Wish they would give you the option of black or gold, but they were nice.

Ken~

aquaxp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara '20
Finally tested ASFIR engine skid plate on trail and have found that with usual wheels/axles articulation everything is fine, but when you start driving fast on bumpy trail road (when axle may sometimes hitting bump stops) the drive shaft can also hit driver 's side bracket. I have no lift, just a stock Sahara suspension.
Does anyone have any similar issues?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Finally tested ASFIR engine skid plate on trail and have found that with usual wheels/axles articulation everything is fine, but when you start driving fast on bumpy trail road (when axle may sometimes hitting bump stops) the drive shaft can also hit driver 's side bracket. I have no lift, just a stock Sahara suspension.
Does anyone have any similar issues?
Front or rear driveshaft?

aquaxp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara '20
Front or rear driveshaft?
Iā€™m guessing front. The Asfir goes over the same area as Rustyā€™s, just has more clearance.
I could duplicate mine by backing out of my driveway at a decent speed. 2-3 mph.
Yeah, the front one. Rear is too far from engine skid :).
It's hitting driveshaft somewhere close to the bend, but still need to lean and check it closely.
Feel that a small lift may help, but not sure that is a good way to fix that, more like workaround...

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I think what is happening is these arenā€™t designed to be a first mod (like they were for us) so clearance isnā€™t normally an issue.
The goal with my build is to push this as far as possible stock, and to do that I need protection. I really donā€™t think I need a 4in lift, 37s etc etc to do the stuff I want, even if itā€™ll make it easier.

And I like the lower CG.
I could see the limit being that the Asfir skid needs a +1" or +2" bump stop. Crap... I like articulation and low CG. My garage door limits overall height as well.

I also have the same mindset, in that I will be staying with mostly stock-ish suspension (well, I'll probably try to retrofit Mojave parts onto my JLR).
Sponsored