Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey gents quick question: My solid axle JL has bad front end wheel hop in deep snow when spinning, as do most SFA rigs in my experience. I'm guessing the bronco IFS would not do that? It's not enough to make me switch, but just curious. We plowed through some NASTY back roads 2wks ago, first rig to make it over the mountain pass on this seasonal back road, but I had to be careful with wheel speed, too much and the wheel hop was atrocious.....but as some of you know wheel speed is important in deep snow.
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

most of the action is after 12 min.
Also Lite Brite’s new video has the Bronco in it. Maybe they can share if it’s missing something in regards to articulation and suspension travel....

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer

I thought this was pretty good. Lite Brite does some great stuff with their Wranglers so I'm interested to see what they do with their Bronco.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

I thought this was pretty good. Lite Brite does some great stuff with their Wranglers so I'm interested to see what they do with their Bronco.
The only thing I really like is the brake steering. She lost it when he disconnected the sway bar on an obstacle........but why wouldnt you just disconnect at the start of the obstacle anyway?
I'm saying that, comparing options to options, this thing is close to $10k CDN more than unpaid for my full loaded JLUR.

Edit: coming from a Focus RS, that 2.7 EcoBoost would be amazing also. Lol.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
but why would you just disconnect at the start of the obstacle anyway?
Most of us disconnect before the start of the trail if you don't have the fancy button. But yeah, Ford added an answer for a question that probably wasn't asked and hyped it up.

Other things on the Bronco I do like though.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Most of us disconnect before the start of the trail if you don't have the fancy button. But yeah, Ford added an answer for a question that probably wasn't asked and hyped it up.

Other things on the Bronco I do like though.
Sorry, should have said "wouldn't". Corrected.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, should have said "wouldn't". Corrected.
I think I got the gist of what you were saying though, lol. nobody waits to disconnect while the sway bar is under load.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What the hells that? A Ford Windfart...? 😫
Pretty much a chopped up Ford Minivan... I'm actually kind of impressed with what he's done to it, lol!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

Honestly did you expect anything less from them and their commercials. I mean really they have one on order. They make money on YT and now they are going to go get a whole entirely different group of subscribers. No way they were going to say anything but great things about their new purchase. the other dude in the video gets PAID from Ford. Not going to be an honest review there either.

I am waiting for an unbiased opinion from someone who has wheeled a JLUR moderately and then gets in one of these NOT PAID, NOT INVITED (to come drive and make sure it is a glowing review).

BTW I voted I may jump to Ford on this one but waiting to see if any gremlins come first as I was a first month JL buyer.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Honestly did you expect anything less from them and their commercials. I mean really they have one on order. They make money on YT and now they are going to go get a whole entirely different group of subscribers. No way they were going to say anything but great things about their new purchase. the other dude in the video gets PAID from Ford. Not going to be an honest review there either.

I am waiting for an unbiased opinion from someone who has wheeled a JLUR moderately and then gets in one of these NOT PAID, NOT INVITED (to come drive and make sure it is a glowing review).

BTW I voted I may jump to Ford on this one but waiting to see if any gremlins come first as I was a first month JL buyer.
Definitely. There's only one way that review was going to go and no one should have really expected otherwise.

Pretty cool to have enough pull to get a crack at one, however.
Sponsored