Sponsored

Xtreme Recon daily driver?

ALT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Who has been daily driving their Xtreme Recon equipped Wrangler?

Is the XR package a more or less fun and engaging on-road driving experience compared 'normal' Willys/Rubicons?

If I'm honest, my Jeep will likely be 99.5% mall cruiser driven on congested commuter routes and highways. Just love the look!
Sponsored

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Wife DD hers and loves it. She came from a 2020 Mercedes GLE 350 too. Handles and Rides slightly better than my 18 with Mopar Lift and 37s…

Reactions: ALT

Chasing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P, JLUR XR
Who has been daily driving their Xtreme Recon equipped Wrangler?

Is the XR package a more or less fun and engaging on-road driving experience compared 'normal' Willys/Rubicons?

If I'm honest, my Jeep will likely be 99.5% mall cruiser driven on congested commuter routes and highways. Just love the look!
I'll be in the same boat. Only really drove a Rubi as a rental on vacation, but wanted to know how an XR would be as a DD.

Reactions: ALT

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
My DD is a 392 XR and it’s amazing. Road manners are night and day compared to my 16 Rubi. Stock steering is still pretty bad but that’s what you get with a solid front axle. That being said they did a great job improving it.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Coming from a ‘18 2 door Rubi and a ‘21 4 door Rubi… the 2022 XR Rubicon is great as a DD! I get around 16 mpg and road manners are pretty good for what it is. Feel so much taller than everyone out there

Sponsored

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nova, Wrangler 392 XR, TRX Ign Ed, Evora GT
DD our 392 XR and it’s great. No issues and it’s fine on Hwy and in local traffic. Better than our previous ‘19 JLUR.

MilkSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It rides great but for looks, not worth it. The gearing hurts the mileage. I would go regular rubi and just add wheels/lift/tires. The reason most people buy the XR is for the better front axle parts and gearing. Besides that you can get your jeep to look the same for much cheaper

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I came from daily driving a 2021 JLUR with a 2.0T, to a 2022 392 XR. The XR package is quite a bit more fun to drive.:)

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
The XR package is the deal of the century. Even if you end up like me and sell off most of it. I knew I was going to do complete suspension. Hoped i would be able to keep wheels but didn’t (no beadlock rings available and I air down). I bought it for the gears, which are perfect for 35’s and ok for small 37’s. Hate doing gears. If you pay to have them done it is very expensive and sometimes hard to find someone competent to do it. I wont even talk about parts availability. The front upgraded diff. Is a bonus also. I only daily drove it for 650 miles before suspension was installed but it drove and looked great. This is the way jeeps should all come. Most normal people( never been me)would be very happy with it off the floor.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The XR package is the deal of the century. Even if you end up like me and sell off most of it. I knew I was going to do complete suspension. Hoped i would be able to keep wheels but didn’t (no beadlock rings available and I air down). I bought it for the gears, which are perfect for 35’s and ok for small 37’s. Hate doing gears. If you pay to have them done it is very expensive and sometimes hard to find someone competent to do it. I wont even talk about parts availability. The front upgraded diff. Is a bonus also. I only daily drove it for 650 miles before suspension was installed but it drove and looked great. This is the way jeeps should all come. Most normal people( never been me)would be very happy with it off the floor.
You bought an XR for the gears because paying for them to be done is expensive? Interesting economics ideologies, I'd love to hear more. ;)

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
had a 2 door rubicon... wife said to make room for our newborn... jumped on the XR quick. it's my daily now and i love it. It's a family vehicle right??

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I DD mine. I wouldnt have it any other way!

bonediggitty

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Occupation
Professional Bingo Caller
I daily mine. I have no complaints. I get slightly less mpg than my buddy with the same 3.6, and my gears are covered under factory warranty.
Sponsored