Sponsored

Extreme Recon for a Daily Driver?

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I can’t imagine a vehicle with a lift, lower gearing and bigger tires not losing 2-3 MPG.

If it doesn’t, Jeep engineers deserve a Nobel Prize in physics.
What he said. IF you’re not into some pretty serious off road running (and I mean SERIOUS running) than a Rubicon is overkill and the extreme recon even more so. that box stock Sport will do anything you want as a daily drive and still go pretty well anywhere you want to go . I guess if “the look” is critical to you and worth the extra $$$ to YOU that’s cool, but it’s certainly not “needed” for a daily driver mostly street driven Jeep.
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
What he said. IF you’re not into some pretty serious off road running (and I mean SERIOUS running) than a Rubicon is overkill and the extreme recon even more so. that box stock Sport will do anything you want as a daily drive and still go pretty well anywhere you want to go . I guess if “the look” is critical to you and worth the extra $$$ to YOU that’s cool, but it’s certainly not “needed” for a daily driver mostly street driven Jeep.
Where I am it’s cheaper to run one vehicle. So that one vehicle has to be able to do it all. A Stock sport won’t cut it in the winter here. The XR saves me from having to put a lift and tires on a brand new Jeep. Each to their own, I prefer to drive my Jeep everyday and enjoy it rather then look at it in the driveway.

Mikecoffman911

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLURXR
Occupation
Engineer/Builder/living a great life!!!!
I’m new to Jeep and considering getting one soon. I love the look of the Wrangler Rubicon and will be getting that model. It will be a daily driver 80% of the time. Would the Extreme Recon package be worth getting? Would it cause daily driving to be less comfortable? I will not be taking it on any extreme expert trails, but I’m thinking the Extreme Recon package might be worth it for resale value if it doesn’t change the ride quality too much. Thanks any advice appreciated.
I have a fleet of cars to choose from and have driven my XR everyday. It is just plain old fun to drive. Getting less than 14mpg but that is my driving style - not the Jeep.

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
Agree with DD’ing an XR. I do it and LOVE every drive. I love having the stronger axels, lower gearing, slight lift, tires and everything else that came with the package. It’s super fun and comfortable to DD.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Ha ha that’s my post from way back in July. Now here I am in January, one month into owning my 392, and I love it as a daily driver. My past self would be very pleased. People don’t buy this Jeep for a long distance interstate highway cruiser due to the gas mileage, but as a daily driver it’s great. My dad has a 4xe and he routinely takes it across the country.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Where I am it’s cheaper to run one vehicle. So that one vehicle has to be able to do it all. A Stock sport won’t cut it in the winter here. The XR saves me from having to put a lift and tires on a brand new Jeep. Each to their own, I prefer to drive my Jeep everyday and enjoy it rather then look at it in the driveway.
A stock Sport with limited slip will surprise you. Lockers on snow/ice is not necessarily the hot ticket. Really good winter tires will make more difference than almost anything else. Enjoy your ride and get what you like, but be darn careful with lockers on ice….

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
A stock Sport with limited slip will surprise you. Lockers on snow/ice is not necessarily the hot ticket. Really good winter tires will make more difference than almost anything else. Enjoy your ride and get what you like, but be darn careful with lockers on ice….
No surprising me. I drove a Sahara JKU with a limited slip for over 10 years. Lockers are nothing new to me either they are not used on the road. But when there is over a foot of snow on the road and I need to get to work good 35-37” tires and a lift are the ticket.
Sponsored