Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
I am going to do a build thread on my new 392. It is very much like my Black rubi build. Actually a lot of the parts are off it. This is the Jeep I guess I ordered 6 months ago. Long story but I am very happy I got what I wanted and no regrets.
Here is a pic of it fresh off the truck and with wheels and tires. Method beadlocks with 3.5 back spacing. 37 BFG Ko2's. Have not fully bent it yet but no rubbing so far. MC lift ordered.

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4862.JPG
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to do a build thread on my new 392. It is very much like my Black rubi build. Actually a lot of the parts are off it. This is the Jeep I guess I ordered 6 months ago. Long story but I am very happy I got what I wanted and no regrets.
Here is a pic of it fresh off the truck and with wheels and tires. Method beadlocks with 3.5 back spacing. 37 BFG Ko2's. Have not fully bent it yet but no rubbing so far. MC lift ordered.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4862.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4862.JPG
Damn Bret, I thought since you got a redo, you’d want the best for it (RK) ……..:LOL: ….. I kid of course, MC is great……. She’s a beauty!! Congrats…….:rock:

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Damn Bret, I thought since you got a redo, you’d want the best for it (RK) ……..:LOL: ….. I kid of course, MC is great……. She’s a beauty!! Congrats…….:rock:
Thanks roky. LOL. I was actually going back and forth on RK and MC again. I have had lifted RK springs on my Dodge Diesel for 12 years now and they are still solid and have not sagged. Very nice ride. Jeremy is a good dude also. There seems to be a wait on the 392 springs right now so MC sending me a flash sale alert sealed the deal. Both great companies for sure.

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
While waiting on parts I have a lot of take offs from Black rubi. I am using the stock bumpers as I really like them. I did remove end pieces. I then mounted my KC's. I looked at several locations on the bumper. Did not want to block any air flow. I had some powder coated angle iron laying around. I mocked up where I wanted them. I used a existing nut clip and hole and drilled a new hole in bumper and installed another nut clip. Was able to drill hole in bumper with it on using a angle drill. Pretty straight forward and came out looking clean.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4891.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4890.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4894.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4895.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Next up was installing shocks, Anti rock sway bars and winch. During install I took the steps to allow for much more droop. Full droop with these shocks and driveshaft comes close but does not hit. Removing the brake line bracket I use a large pair of channel locks and a pry bar. Quick and easy. The winch plate I used was a Bulldog from Northridge. Well made and fit fine.

IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_4904.JPG

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG

IMG_4925.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Installed the Tuffy security box today and added some water for Gunner. Very easy to install and does secure your stuff when the top or sides are off.
And the Gamechanger showed up.

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4935.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Lift installed. Just finished setting toe and centering steering wheel. Took more pics this time Shock length eye to eye with suspension bottomed, metal to metal, is 18" front and 19" rear. Front shock is almost perfect. Bottomed there is still the width of the rubber stop till shock bottom out. Rear I would like to move the shock mount up a inch or so to make travel right in the middle at ride height but thats being a little to ocd maybe. Shock length is 28.5 extended, 17.34 compressed front and 28.6 extended, 17.43 collapsed rear. No need for driveshaft with these shocks. You loose just over a inch of droop vers the MC shocks. The lift gained me just over 1 1/2 on front and just over a inch on rear. This is what I was hoping for. Only the front tire hit very slightly in the front fully bottomed. Again, 37 BFG KO2's with Method beadlocks, 3.5 back spacing.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4984.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4983.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4941.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4942.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4940.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4939.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4977.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_4906.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Thanks Rick.

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Couple parts added/updated. First I trimmed the closeout panel around the winch. I just used a angle grinder with a 80 grit disc. A lot more trimming than it looks like but looks finished now.

IMG_5005.JPG

IMG_5008.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Next up was the Steer Smart sector/trackbar bracket. I know some do not feel that this is needed or even does anything but I think it does. Last jeep I did all the steering at the same time so I was not sure of the difference in feel from just this bracket. I did the bracket before and after and I can feel it. Footnote* My sector shaft nut was only slightly snug from the factory. It was actually scary. I got my breaker bar out and did not have any pressure on it at all and nut came loose. This could contribute to the noticeable feel also. Check your nuts people. Only difference for the bracket install was removing a bit of metal that the 392 and diesel have. One tip I will add is to use factory bolts to align the box then start a couple of the new bolts from kit. The factory bolts have guides that help line the holes up.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_5013.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Stingray build IMG_5014.JPG

Last edited: