hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked at your jeep pics. Sweet looking jeep. You might have to mess with mounting. Might need the spacer. My 37’s are 35.5 or so And MC bumper has a lot of room.
Hey Bret. Thanks for clarifying rear window, didn’t think it would interfere fully opened. Also thanks for kind words on current Jeep. When I mentioned installing the Alpha it will be on my new ordered XR that hopefully gets built someday lol. I will be transferring over current 37s. Also, transferring over LED PKG, and steel bumpers. Yours is looking great
Sponsored

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Thanks. I hope your order goes through quick. Its so hard to predict. There does not seem to be any rhyme Or reason to how soon people are getting them. I was still planning on ordering a 392 when they settle down but i am really liking this 3.6. Plan B is to do everything to this one in preparation for a 392 swap down the road. Still thinking they might do something special last year with V8 option though. Guessing that will be next year or 2024 at latest. Who knows.

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Been a few weeks but I have the Apex, Steer Smarts, EC and Fox stuff installed. Actually have about 500 miles on it including a couple off road rides with my co-pilot Gunner. The install of everything went very well. All went together as expected and worked great except the EC. It caused DW with my jeep. I tried the 100psi first and it felt good. Very little adjustment needed and I liked how it felt. I have a stretch of road with some pot holes and un even spots that is my test bed when new parts are installed. I got DW right away here. Went back to my shop and made sure all was tight and right. It was. Tried again with same results. Figured at this point maybe I needed more pressure. Received the 140psi and the DW was actually worse. Again, I re checked everything and all was good. At this point I removed the EC and drove around with no stabilizer to see If I had a DW problem. No DW. Same road used with EC. I then modded the stock stabilizer to work with current setup and again no DW. I need to say here that my jeep did not have any DW or steering issues of any kind. I am only upgrading all this for pro active reasons and peace of mind. I do know the difference between DW and other issues. I have been lifting and driving lifted vehicles for to many years to mention. I have also dealt with DW several times in the past with other peoples vehicles as well as mine. It was always something loose, worn out, miss adjusted or all of the above. Never seen this type of deal before. Not sure why it works for some and not for some others. John and Tony were great to work with. Very responsive and helpful. Offered to try more pressure. I chose to not try more pressure or a combo of the stock stabilizer and EC together. I returned the EC no questions and got refunded. Again the guys were great.
In the end I bought a Fox ATS 2.0. It works great and is very smooth.
Here are a couple pics.

IMG_4424.JPG

IMG_4421.JPG

IMG_4425.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

IMG_4499.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
A un-expected surprise. The rear shocks showed up two months early. Thanks to accutuneoffroad. Stay tuned for review on them.

IMG_4484.JPG

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
A un-expected surprise. The rear shocks showed up two months early. Thanks to accutuneoffroad. Stay tuned for review on them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4484.JPG
You running 4.5-6” lift shocks?

Sponsored

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
You running 4.5-6” lift shocks?
I went back and forth on this quite a bit. After lots of conversation with Accutune, I went 3.5-4 front and 2.0-3 rear. I told them that there was a strong possibility of going to 3.5 springs in the future. Still recommended the same. They seem to have lots of customers with MC suspension and these seem to match up the best with the MC stuff. Not exact by any means but close. I do not have any off road miles on front and rear together yet. Just highway so far.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I went back and forth on this quite a bit. After lots of conversation with Accutune, I went 3.5-4 front and 2.0-3 rear. I told them that there was a strong possibility of going to 3.5 springs in the future. Still recommended the same. They seem to have lots of customers with MC suspension and these seem to match up the best with the MC stuff. Not exact by any means but close. I do not have any off road miles on front and rear together yet. Just highway so far.
They seem to know what they are doing but surprised 2-3" for rear with the amount of lift you received. Definitely would like to hear your thoughts once you test them out. thanks

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
They seem to know what they are doing but surprised 2-3" for rear with the amount of lift you received. Definitely would like to hear your thoughts once you test them out. thanks
I was surprised also. Questioned it. Trusting that they have more experience than I do with it.

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Interesting ……. The MC comes with 30” extended length shocks for their 2.5 and 3.5” lifts both lifts get same shock…. those shocks you have are gonna decrease your droop by 1.5” in the front and nearly 4” in the rear….. I would love to hear their reasoning……. Maybe they wanted you to be in the middle of the stroke between up and down travel at ride height, don’t get me wrong, this will work but when you’re crawling you’re not gonna have as much droop as you would running MCs shocks…..

Don’t mind me, I’m just thinking out loud……. Rig looks great, and if you’re happy I’m happy……😎
I did a lot of the same thinking. I did a lot of research on trying to match MC lengths. Where did you get the numbers for the rear? Scared me. Shock part numbers are 883-26-051 front and 883-26-054 rear. The extended length on the rear is 28.6, 17.43 compressed, front is 28.5 and 17.34 compressed. MC numbers for front and rear as you know are 30 and 17.7. About a 1.5 loss of droop but the compressed is more what I was worried about. To gain droop gave up compressed. Most of my offroad is faster washes with rocks and lots of sand. I do crawl some but only a few times a year maybe. Mostly lots of sand and whoop sections with a good amount of rocky hill climbing. I really wont be in full droop much. I do like the devils advocate though and do value your opinion.

Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@firedude You interested in selling those Mopar Wheels?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I did a lot of the same thinking. I did a lot of research on trying to match MC lengths. Where did you get the numbers for the rear? Scared me. Shock part numbers are 883-26-051 front and 883-26-054 rear. The extended length on the rear is 28.6, 17.43 compressed, front is 28.5 and 17.34 compressed. MC numbers for front and rear as you know are 30 and 17.7. About a 1.5 loss of droop but the compressed is more what I was worried about. To gain droop gave up compressed. Most of my offroad is faster washes with rocks and lots of sand. I do crawl some but only a few times a year maybe. Mostly lots of sand and whoop sections with a good amount of rocky hill climbing. I really wont be in full droop much. I do like the devils advocate though and do value your opinion.
I pretty much have it memorized, lol…. Since I did a bunch of research before I bought mine……..I guess if you’re bombing through the desert mostly, these lengths won’t hurt… The Rocksports are 30” ext and 17.7 collapsed front and rear, I misread it, thinking the rear were longer, and that’s why took my post down. Since the Fox shocks run longer in the rear, I guess the shop was trying to keep your up travel close to the same front and rear by putting one size shorter in the rear……

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
I pretty much have it memorized, lol…. Since I did a bunch of research before I bought mine……..I guess if you’re bombing through the desert mostly, these lengths won’t hurt… The Rocksports are 30” ext and 17.7 collapsed front and rear, I misread it, thinking the rear were longer, and that’s why took my post down. Since the Fox shocks run longer in the rear, I guess the shop was trying to keep your up travel close to the same front and rear by putting one size shorter in the rear……
Lol. You had me thinking I was talking to myself there. I figured you had been there/done that and already wore out the tshirt a long time ago. You are correct. That is accutunes thinking on this. My use i am wanting max up.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I probably will sell everything. Sorry, no shipping though.
Lemme know if you do decide to sell the wheels. I'm always looking for an excuse to take a road trip, for a good price!
Sponsored