Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

2639DE3D-63D6-4A95-8BCD-306ED45673BE.jpeg

I spoke to someone at the ICON booth / JEEP Bash (ended up going) and they said one was in the works maybe end of the year. If true, that would be excellent and all would be right in the world.
This looks gnarly, and I love it!

Not looking forward to tearing up my brand new Method 704's, but I know it's inevitable with the way I wheel. Glad the Titanium color blends with the rock rash a bit, but I think Method's Titanium color is a bit darker so I may notice it more.

I almost went with these exact wheels, but the Methods were cheaper while full price and on sale at the time, and I wasn't up for the extra maintenance.

I might snag a set when Icon releases the new styles or if my 4.75" of backspacing doesn't work out... It's going to be tight, but according to Metalcloak it should work out.
Sponsored

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
I need to look up the compressed length of my Falcon SP2's. I also will be reaching out to Metalcloak and asking them about up travel on my set-up. I'm assuming that the relocation brackets are optimized for their 6-Pack shocks.

Also, I've been curious as to why Jeep mounts the rear shock bracket as low as they do? Is there an advantage to ride/handling perhaps?

I like you was not planning on running a dedicated diff skid as I think the AEV skids give some protection. Where did you make contact with the pinion yoke, on 'Little Sluice'?

-Steven
The relocation bracket is optimized for the 6 packs. I ran 6 packs for awhile on my old JK. When I went with the fox shocks I had to go with an upper relocation bracket to keep my MC springs from falling out. My guess to use your current shocks you will need both brackets. You will definitely gain clearance.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
The relocation bracket is optimized for the 6 packs. I ran 6 packs for awhile on my old JK. When I went with the fox shocks I had to go with an upper relocation bracket to keep my MC springs from falling out. My guess to use your current shocks you will need both brackets. You will definitely gain clearance.
Thanks David for the info, appreciate it!

-Steven

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
2639DE3D-63D6-4A95-8BCD-306ED45673BE.jpeg

I spoke to someone at the ICON booth / JEEP Bash (ended up going) and they said one was in the works maybe end of the year. If true, that would be excellent and all would be right in the world.
Wow...welcome to the Rubicon Trail...it's for real!

-Steven

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OP
OP
kubicon

kubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Switching to beadlocks, should not have bought into the marketing of lighter weight and no maintenance of the Icons. These will make great rims so long as one doesn't go in the rocks, what a disaster these are.

My goal is to find a rim that doesn't compete and keeps the focal point on the Hydro Blue, otherwise, I go bold and Candy Red! Probably a matte black.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Switching to beadlocks, should not have bought into the marketing of lighter weight and no maintenance of the Icons. These will make great rims so long as one doesn't go in the rocks, what a disaster these are.

My goal is to find a rim that doesn't compete and keeps the focal point on the Hydro Blue, otherwise, I go bold and Candy Red! Probably a matte black.
Did they fail?

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

They haven't failed yet, with the powder coat rubbed off there is no protection and am afraid its going to rip the outer lip off
Fair enough! A steel beadlock ring would probably hold up to the rocks better than the softer aluminum anyways; although, I believe they made the outer lip on these fairly thick to help hold up to rocks… it’s just not too pretty.

For your new wheels, I love the way the titanium looks with Hydro Blue! Matte black is super nice, though, because it’s easy to touch up. If you can find a red that matches the Rubicon accents nicely, that would be cool as well!

Sponsored

OP
OP
kubicon

kubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Fair enough! A steel beadlock ring would probably hold up to the rocks better than the softer aluminum anyways; although, I believe they made the outer lip on these fairly thick to help hold up to rocks… it’s just not too pretty.

For your new wheels, I love the way the titanium looks with Hydro Blue! Matte black is super nice, though, because it’s easy to touch up. If you can find a red that matches the Rubicon accents nicely, that would be cool as well!
Screen grab from last weekend, after 3 trails (granted Rubicon is like 5 trails). I don't see these holding up much longer unless I was to sand them down and powder.

I chaulk it up to trying something different, expensive risk that failed but ya that Titanium was a perfect match for the blue.
Jeep Wrangler JL Kubicon (v3) - JLUR XR Build 68610271533__F6C1CBA7-3893-4714-AA06-B6EAE76CD0AD.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
kubicon

kubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Been a busy and interesting month.

Baja Designs almost lost me as a customer when they randomly sent a request for a $1500 payment to my paypal. Mind you I never provided my paypal just fishing and guessed correctly off an email quote. A good sales guy would have followed up via email or phone as they had that info! EDIT: Brandon w/BD got to the bottom of this and cleared up the mix-up, glad he reached out, that is excellent customer service and glad I stuck with the decision loving the lights so far. Thank you!

Bad sales practice aside, they are known for their quality and performance. The new bumpers (Hefty Fabworks) look great especially with the lights.

LP6- Squadron Sports for Fogs and the S2's in the rear.

Side note: thinking about going Squadron SAE in bumper and converting the sports to SPOT and putting on the cowl, the sports as is, are a little bright for driving around town.

Jeep Wrangler JL Kubicon (v3) - JLUR XR Build DC3F4581-1ED3-413A-889C-6C4DA408244B
Jeep Wrangler JL Kubicon (v3) - JLUR XR Build 5C5DD3D9-BF59-4AC0-99C6-105F44DE945F.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Kubicon (v3) - JLUR XR Build BC24FE11-8E48-4EB3-B080-6D4485084599.JPG

Last edited:

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
Looking good! I just dropped my Jeep off at All Terrain yesterday. Gus says hello. What happened to the KC's....? :angel:

The brightness of the squadron sports is precisely the reason I went with the Diode SS3 sports for my fogs. They aren't anywhere near as bright, also SAE and don't get me flashed by other drivers. I'm not sure how the Baja SAE's compare to the Diode's but I'm sure it will be better for driving around.

OP
OP
kubicon

kubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Looking good! I just dropped my Jeep off at All Terrain yesterday. Gus says hello. What happened to the KC's....? :angel:

The brightness of the squadron sports is precisely the reason I went with the Diode SS3 sports for my fogs. They aren't anywhere near as bright, also SAE and don't get me flashed by other drivers. I'm not sure how the Baja SAE's compare to the Diode's but I'm sure it will be better for driving around.
I really like the Diodes, had them in the cart and ready to pull the trigger but they ended up being about 1/4" taller then the bumper opening (w/bracket).

Still have the KC's

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable

Baja Designs almost lost me as a customer when they randomly sent a request for a $1500 payment to my paypal. Mind you I never provided my paypal just fishing and guessed correctly off an email quote. A good sales guy would have followed up via email or phone as they had that info!

Bad sales practice aside, they are known for their quality and performance. The new bumpers (Hefty Fabworks) look great especially with the lights.

Side note: thinking about going Squadron SAE in bumper and converting the sports to SPOT and putting on the cowl, the sports as is, are a little bright for driving around town.

DC3F4581-1ED3-413A-889C-6C4DA408244B.jpg
5C5DD3D9-BF59-4AC0-99C6-105F44DE945F.JPG

BC24FE11-8E48-4EB3-B080-6D4485084599.JPG
Hey @kubicon

Baja Designs almost lost me as a customer when they randomly sent a request for a $1500 payment to my paypal. Mind you I never provided my paypal just fishing and guessed correctly off an email quote. A good sales guy would have followed up via email or phone as they had that info!

Jeep Wrangler JL Kubicon (v3) - JLUR XR Build BC24FE11-8E48-4EB3-B080-6D4485084599.JPG

Hey Bryan, did you order these lights directly through Baja Designs? We don't send any request without verifying with the customer that the amount is ok or a follow-up.
Best,
Brandon
Sponsored