Sponsored

Winch advice, Warn vs Barricade

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hey there,

I highly recommend this Quadratec Stealth Winch. This is priced slightly more than that Barricade winch you are looking at $599.99. However, we do offer a Forum discount for forum members. I would be happy to provide you with a quote if you would like to PM me with your address. This winch is a wireless 10K with synthetic rope.

quadratec-q10000is-with-synthetic-winch-line-main.jpg

quadratec-q12000is-with-synthetic-winch-line-upclose-led-on.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/q-performance-stealth-winch

This winch has 4.9 HP series wound waterproof motor with wireless remote control, this winch has a removable clutch lever to prevent anyone stealing the line from it and an amber LED winch spool light strip. Other key features include die cast finned aluminum solenoid housings that dissipate heat, class leading gear ratios for fast line speed, low current draw and either steel or synthetic line options — all topped off by a reassuring IP67 rating meaning the winch is fully waterproof and submersible. All Q-Performance winches include a limited lifetime warranty on mechanical parts and 1-year warranty on electrical components.

I have this on my JK and it works and looks great. I have also seen a bunch of JLs have them also!

if you have any questions about it just let me know, I would be happy to help!

Have a great day,
Hailey
How does the Quadratec Stealth's water rating of IP67 compare to the IP68 rating on the Smittybilt x20? I thought the IP67 is only submersible for up to 30min and the x20 is fully waterproof without a time limit?
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I think, like anything else electronic these days there are duds out there across all brands. I have run smittybilt along with several other in our Jeep club without issues. However we have seen some kind of issue with almost every brand on the trail including smittybilt.

Just out of curiousity what were the issues you had out of the box with the smittybilt winches?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How does the Quadratec Stealth's water rating of IP67 compare to the IP68 rating on the Smittybilt x20? I thought the IP67 is only submersible for up to 30min and the x20 is fully waterproof without a time limit?
They’re both rated for 30 minutes, the difference is ip68 rating is for 1.5 meters of depth and the ip67 is rated for 1 meter of depth. Essentially the same , but you get a cool light with the stealth :)

A74DCBDC-4EF3-4E7C-978A-4EF219403EA0.jpeg

84E2A5B3-7793-48D0-A7D4-19B07037495C.jpeg

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
O.K. I'm a Warn Service Center. Take that extra $100 and grab a VR 10-S, Here's why: You can get smali parts/service kits for the Warn product and the VR 10 has a larger planetary setup. I sell more of those than the VR 8 for durability. Most "price point" Chinese winches are repaired with a trashcan!:giggle:
Sorry the VR10 isn't an option as it would be another $200 since it is $100 more than the VR8.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think, like anything else electronic these days there are duds out there across all brands. I have run smittybilt along with several other in our Jeep club without issues. However we have seen some kind of issue with almost every brand on the trail including smittybilt.

Just out of curiousity what were the issues you had out of the box with the smittybilt winches?
XRC 9500.
First one had the drum lightly scored from a steel cable being run on it from the factory and you couldn't turn the drum by hand in free spool so I never even put it on.
Second one same model and could barely turn drum by hand in free spool and then barely pull the rope off in free spool.
After two duds I'm done with them.

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Good thread on winches....

Warn is way over priced. I heard great things about the Zeon s but too much coin.

I'm looking at the VR10s since its a little more on my budget however its a cheap made product. Really liking the Quadratec stealth winch!

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Good thread on winches....

Warn is way over priced. I heard great things about the Zeon s but too much coin.

I'm looking at the VR10s since its a little more on my budget however its a cheap made product. Really liking the Quadratec stealth winch!
I agree. Unless your buy top tier from them like the cti or zeon for example, your just over paying for the W up front

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
They’re both rated for 30 minutes, the difference is ip68 rating is for 1.5 meters of depth and the ip67 is rated for 1 meter of depth. Essentially the same , but you get a cool light with the stealth :)
That is correct. The IP67 is immersion up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. IP68 is immersion of 1 meter or more. The time on IP68 is determined by the spec of the company. Without stating the spec, the 68 rating time is undetermined.

If you have any other questions with these ratings, you can use this link: http://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/

We have considered the 68 rating on our winch but we have not seen any Jeep's that get the winch more than a meter deep (about 3') under water.

Thank you
Hailey

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Stay away from barricade first off it's just extreme terrain house brand i.e. cheap Chinese manufacturer with a sticker. It looks similar to the Smittybilt gen 1 xrc I had which don't last a year of waye use.

Cannot speak for that warn line but they are a winch company so they at least have a rep on the line

I would highly recommend looking at the superwinch tigershark line for that price range, know many who run it no issues, they stand by their products with great support

Superwinch 1595201 Tiger Shark 12V Winch with Aluminum Hawse and Synthetic Rope - 9500 lb. Load Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KPP6GTY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RdSHCbWAEA8FV
Just seen superwinch is closing up shop

CF46D7AC-0BF2-4B5A-816B-43E60E6EECA0.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to go with Engo. Too many bad things about the Warn Z series are coming from the mouths of people in the business. They all admit that this is Warn's attempt to be in the lower end of the market to go up against $hittybilt, RC, Barricade, etc...
Sponsored