Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I used to only buy Warn winches. My last two failed and dealing with Warn's warranty was a pain. On my JK, I got a Smittybilt Gen2 X20 thinking that if it failed, I would just take it to my local 4wheel parts. I've used the hell out of it and so far it has not failed.

OP
OP
Tom k

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
I used to only buy Warn winches. My last two failed and dealing with Warn's warranty was a pain. On my JK, I got a Smittybilt Gen2 X20 thinking that if it failed, I would just take it to my local 4wheel parts. I've used the hell out of it and so far it has not failed.
Thanks for the info!

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Which of the Smittybilts actually fit the stock steel bumper and mount? Any of them?

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Same here but with my warn bumper the powder coat failed. They said it was becasue I live by the beach with 2.5 miles but none of the other powder coats failed on th e tail gate etc. Just warn.
I used to buy warn pretty exclusively but their prices got out of hand. Now they look like a "pretty boy winch". There was a comparison in one of the magazines 4x4 or 4whleel dirve or Jeep and warn got spanked. I think either super winch or engo won. In my view Warn is resting on past successes. They think because they had a good naME people will pay for it. Some probably do. (See comment above) In my humble opinion in todays time frame with internet marketing and wide spread communication if you don't continuously produce the best product, th enews will get out and the slide form the top down is a very fast one. So Warn how about some relaibilty , customer service and price wars?

Wranglerjlurubicon27

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Same here but with my warn bumper the powder coat failed. They said it was becasue I live by the beach with 2.5 miles but none of the other powder coats failed on th e tail gate etc. Just warn.
I used to buy warn pretty exclusively but their prices got out of hand. Now they look like a "pretty boy winch". There was a comparison in one of the magazines 4x4 or 4whleel dirve or Jeep and warn got spanked. I think either super winch or engo won. In my view Warn is resting on past successes. They think because they had a good naME people will pay for it. Some probably do. (See comment above) In my humble opinion in todays time frame with internet marketing and wide spread communication if you don't continuously produce the best product, th enews will get out and the slide form the top down is a very fast one. So Warn how about some relaibilty , customer service and price wars?
Your right I know nothing about winch’s. I only base my knowledge off YouTube video. This is my first Jeep. Will also be looking at alternatives.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
do a bit of research and see if you can't find a winch comaprsion. I think there is one on ecpedition portal. also check Jkforum or [Banned Site]

Sponsored

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
Warn 9.5 cti is what we are running on our JL. The one on our jk is a 9.5ti old school setup. Has been on 5 or more rigs over the years and abused. Only thing I do is every few years pull it apart to make sure everything is good inside and add new line.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Just bought a Smittybilt X20-10 on eBay using the above $100 off code. Paid $415, free shipping.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
Warn 9.5 cti is what we are running on our JL. The one on our jk is a 9.5ti old school setup. Has been on 5 or more rigs over the years and abused. Only thing I do is every few years pull it apart to make sure everything is good inside and add new line.
I’m guessing you are not using the stock steel bumper on the jl? I was hoping to install the 9.5 cti, but have read that It will not fit on the stock bumper
Sponsored