Sponsored

Terrible Seats

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Thanks man, and BTW, I dig your profile photo. I've done some paddling in your area myself, Nantahala and Pigeon rivers, we tried to do the Chattooga, you know, just so we could say we paddled the "Deliverance river", but there wasn't enough water while we were there.

Me at the upper falls, just above NOC:

1590583671642.png
And you are worried about your Rubicon seats bothering your back! Lol!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
And you are complaining about your Rubicon seats! Lol!
LOL, that's actually the trip where I discovered that I have back problems, and it was an eye opener. I still kayak and can do it without hurting myself, but I have to stop, get out and rest my back a lot more often. I don't have that boat anymore, it was a "playboat" that forces one's knees into a spread out, laid down position, not even remotely comfortable. I paddle a nice, fat creek boat now, a Cadillac among whitewater kayaks, very roomy with a really high back band.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Interesting, leather option JLUS, 6'2" with a glass back! My back problems all muscle lucky/unlucky depending how one looks at the problem! The seats in our Sahara I find are great once in no problem! I have a Cherokee Trailhawk and the driver's seat is adjustable all over the place but I think the seats in the JLUS are way better?

I am/was a fanatical Sea Kayaker and now I can't even sit in one, Sucks! Good luck with whatever you do.

Go Jeep!!!

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Sorry, I must of missed something, but what does being a Sahara or Rubicon has anything to do with the design of the seats?
A softer easier ride would be better on the back. I'd certainly have concerns over ride quality if I had spine issues.

Personally I love the seats on the JL and my JK before but that's my opinion and opinions are not universal. Different strokes for different folks. If you love the vehicle I would check with a legitimate Upholstery Shop and see what can be done.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
:)

My trapezius muscles just about locked up after viewing that shot!
LOL! I actually leaned back passing through the rapid to make the front pop up like that, it's called a "stern squirt".

Starboard M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the a pretty similar issue with my '20 JLUR. Although for me, it feels more like Im sitting on one of these toilets:
_110215086_toilet1.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50835604

For some reason the seat has a massive amount of adjustment to point the front of the seat down, but hardly any movement to move the back down.

While I am used to more of a sporty seat that lays you down more and hugs your body, I do think these seats leave a lot on the table. I will try and do some washers this weekend to see if that helps, but Ive also wondered if you can flip the seat brackets left to right and get them to angle back?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Although for me, it feels more like Im sitting on one of these toilets:
It’s because when you have an, “oh shit” moment in your Wrangler, Jeep wants you to feel comfortable and be ready for it.

@Formattc Corbeau seats are a great call. They’re very supportive and surprisingly comfortable. I’ve had them on two motorcycles and then sat in a buddy’s heavily modded YJ that had the them inside - the seats were better than stock and better than I had anticipated.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Formattc,

Great to see that you have done some boating in the South East.
And great shot of you running what appears to be the Lesser Wesser on the Nanny.

Not to steal this thread, a couple of videos you might be interested in reviewing.
The Narrows of the Green is some of the best whitewater in the SE.

and here is the "how to" video.

And here is me running Sunshine on the Green.

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrible Seats Green

Anyway, though the seats in a JL might not be the best, they are sure better than plastic seats in the kayak.

Back on topic... one trick that I have done to adjust the seat bottom tilt on a non-adjustable seat is to remove the fasteners that hold the seat to the floor board and then use a couple of washers to change the angle like Starboard wrote about.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
No, we people of shortness and alien greys buy Sting Grey Jeeps and accent them with mojito highlights:giggle: You were close. Just had your color scheme backwards:like:

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd
Has anyone actually put different seats in their JL? I thought I read where you can't because of air bag sensors?