Sponsored

Update: Driver seat bottom seat tilt angle

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone try to add washers yet to the driver seat bracket to make the bottom seat tilt a little more back. I feel the bottom seat cushion at the lowest setting still feels like I’m seating too far forward like I will fall into the dash. Any remedies? Haven’t seen any new brackets being offered other than this.
If I could just get the driver seat to recline back from the bottom it would be perfect.

591F0B0F-4B1C-43C3-9D1B-50FEB9E067D5.png
Sponsored

Bigmess

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, 2016 f150
Rjrubi, did you ever try this? I feel the same as you and want to try it.

OP
OP
rjrubi

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Rjrubi, did you ever try this? I feel the same as you and want to try it.
No sir not yet. Debating it kinda pricy for some blocks and bolts wondering if washers might work

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
No sir not yet. Debating it kinda pricy for some blocks and bolts wondering if washers might work
Instead of purchasing the rear seat tilt kit for my 17 JKU I used treated lumber blocks and painted the shims black.

Bigmess

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, 2016 f150
Instead of purchasing the rear seat tilt kit for my 17 JKU I used treated lumber blocks and painted the shims black.
Did you use the same bolts or buy longer ones? Im going to try something, but like rjrubi it's a little ridiculous $80 for a few shims and bolts.

Sponsored

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Did you use the same bolts or buy longer ones? Im going to try something, but like rjrubi it's a little ridiculous $80 for a few shims and bolts.
I believe I went down to ACE hardware and bought 1/2" longer bolts for the thicker blocks. The rear conversion blocks were a little bit difference in thickness from the front blocks vs. the rears.
Not sure about the front seat recline conversion.

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
I love my Jeep JLUS, but you would think they would have figured out how to put a decent seat that has backward/down tilt angle. As you say, even when you crank the level all the way down, its like your tilted forward toward the steering wheel. They screwed up not fixing this, it can't be rocket science.

Ellbee

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Granite, 2004 Jeep Unlimited LJ Black
Totally agree. I have JLUS and it would make a huge difference if front of driver seat was higher than rear of seat. Longer trips would be more comfortable on a old dude.
Maybe use different thickness Teflon cutting boards ?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Do the upper seat rails bolt to the bottom of the seat or are they welded?

Are you guys trying to place blocks/wahers between the seat cushion and upper rail or between the floor pan and rail mount?

OP
OP
rjrubi

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ok, so I had enough of feeling like I was falling into the dash especially after a 300 mile trip I took. I’m not spending 79.00 on spacers from fleabay. So I went to Home Depot and bought some 1/2” hex nuts. They work as a spacer even the way the left front bracket is made. They fit perfect and gave the bottom cushion about an inch or so tilt up. 100% better. Just remove the 2 front bolts loosen the rear bolts and the 1/2” nuts will fit underneath both front bolts. Tighten up and your good to go. Total cost was 55 cents. Probably easier than trying to put a bunch of washers. So for you big and tall guys like I am this seems to work for now.

B1E4AFB3-F259-46CF-AA65-43E85412005B.jpeg
FCE8C9B9-0B11-46C3-86FA-62041E701B8A.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Ok, so I had enough of feeling like I was falling into the dash especially after a 300 mile trip I took. I’m not spending 79.00 on spacers from fleabay. So I went to Home Depot and bought some 1/2” nuts. They work as a spacer even the way the left front bracket is made. They fit perfect and gave the bottom cushion about an inch or so tilt up. 100% better. Just remove the 2 front bolts loosen the rear bolts and the 1/2” nuts will fit underneath both front bolts. Tighten up and your good to go. Total cost was 55 cents. Probably easier than trying to put a bunch of washers. So for you big and tall guys like I am this seems to work for now.

B1E4AFB3-F259-46CF-AA65-43E85412005B.jpeg
FCE8C9B9-0B11-46C3-86FA-62041E701B8A.jpeg

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Rjrubi, that photo is the right side bracket. What about the left side? The track curls downwards at a more vertical angle.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I love my Jeep JLUS, but you would think they would have figured out how to put a decent seat that has backward/down tilt angle. As you say, even when you crank the level all the way down, its like your tilted forward toward the steering wheel. They screwed up not fixing this, it can't be rocket science.
From a neurological perspective, it's best to have the seat relatively level, and your legs evenly supported across the whole cushion, so as to avoid nerve compression. I think they should add some adjustment for rake, but not cause the opposite issue by raking the seat back leading to issues for those of us who prefer neutral seating. I actually like it how it is, but totally understand those wanting more recline, as we're all anatomically different. That's why adjustments should exist!

OP
OP
rjrubi

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Rjrubi, that photo is the right side bracket. What about the left side? The track curls downwards at a more vertical angle.
Place one nut on the left side track it fits to even and level it out even the way the left track is made. I couldn’t get a good photo of the left side due to the angle. If you buy or build spacer blocks you will still have to put one on the left side track to balance it out. The left track does still provide the lift even at its weird vertical angle.

OP
OP
rjrubi

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
From a neurological perspective, it's best to have the seat relatively level, and your legs evenly supported across the whole cushion, so as to avoid nerve compression. I think they should add some adjustment for rake, but not cause the opposite issue by raking the seat back leading to issues for those of us who prefer neutral seating. I actually like it how it is, but totally understand those wanting more recline, as we're all anatomically different. That's why adjustments should exist!
Yes, everyone is different. I can tell you after a 300 mile trip with the way the bottom seat makes you feel like you’re going into the dash my legs felt tired and started feeling fatigued after that haul. If I had done the bottom tilt before I left I guarantee they wouldn’t have felt as fatigued as they did.
Sponsored