Not open for further replies.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
No, it is the main 12v starting battery and the smaller one underneath it. I'm guessing the smaller one is about the size of an ATV or lawn tractor battery, but I've not actually laid eyes on one.
Thanks, wasn't aware of this. I wonder why the main 12v battery isn't enough to provide for the needs of the whole system, ess included.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, wasn't aware of this. I wonder why the main 12v battery isn't enough to provide for the needs of the whole system, ess included.
My understanding is that the small battery is there to provide power to accessories and such while the ESS has the engine stopped, freeing up the big one to devote full power to the restart. But I'm no electrician, so there are probably others here that can confirm or correct that.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
My understanding is that the small battery is there to provide power to accessories and such while the ESS has the engine stopped, freeing up the big one to devote full power to the restart. But I'm no electrician, so there are probably others here that can confirm or correct that.
Yeah, actually that makes sense.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Yep. Just hold the ESS button down for a full 5 seconds and everything turns off.

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
That’s not the question he asked. And the Tazer turns it ALL off, no matter what gear the T case is in. Brake lock rear diff, traction control, stability control, ABS, etc...

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Reinstalling my TAZER after delear service and it will NOT marry. Any words of advice? I am on 11.2.3 latest SW. It worked previously and i unmarried.

Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Update, on the third try it finally gave me options to marry. Maybe the plugs were not fully seated in the Tazer module? I also noticed it was spotty on being recognized on my computers USB.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Is there a list of Hotkeys somewhere? Like hold Left and etc to run a command instantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.