Tazer (Programmer) for the JL

[email protected]

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Be on audio menu. Make sure cruise is off.
hold right arrow. Press one of the 3 cruise buttons (other than cancel) repeatedly until you see “swaykill”. Let go. Now it’s set. As long as cruise is off it’ll work as swaykill. When cruise is on it’ll work as a cruise button.

Advertisement

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Where do we write for feature requests? Such as making the center brake light flash for about a second when breaking? Seeing as Tazer has control over all the lights in and on the vehicle, this shouldn’t be too hard to implement? Thanks

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Looks like the latest update has 3rd brake light pulse. Can't seem to find the setting in the menu yet, unless it's a built in/always active feature?

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR: 2018 Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Retired
Looks like the latest update has 3rd brake light pulse. Can't seem to find the setting in the menu yet, unless it's a built in/always active feature?
It's still in the development stage. Use this link to view the discussion on the JL Wrangler Facebook page. h t t p s://w w w.facebook.com/1190745830/videos/10224137925534470/ Close up the gaps and it should work ... the forum wouldn't let me publish it correctly.

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How about a setting to shut off the door chime? Unless there's already a way to do this...

My wife sure gets pissed when I leave the door open while I fill gas!

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
It's still in the development stage. Use this link to view the discussion on the JL Wrangler Facebook page. h t t p s://w w w.facebook.com/1190745830/videos/10224137925534470/ Close up the gaps and it should work ... the forum wouldn't let me publish it correctly.
Thanks for the link. I got the new update loaded, don't see the two new options he mentions are now active. Need to go back out to the garage and do some more scrolling.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, 2016 Mercedes C450 AMG, 2014 Mercedes ML-350 Blutec, 2005 Heritage Softail
Occupation
IT Manager
I have been having problems with my lights...when driving they seem to randomly just cycle and shut off. The brights go on, then the headlights turn off the running lights turn off and I go completely dark on the outside of the jeep.

Checked and down loaded the latest firmware...12.2.4. Although the lights don't seem to just randomly shut off, the light show started coming on. I realized when I was using the cruise control when I hit the "RES" button to resume my speed the light show turns on. I can't use the resume button.

I went back to the website and saw there was another update, but my firmware update program doesn't recognize it and only shows the 12.2.4 and the 12.2.5 doesn't show available. Tried again this morning and I was successful in downloading and updating the Tazer to the new 12.2.5.

Any idea what is going on?

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
The automatic update does not work (we are at the end of the year and everyone is tired, even at Z-Automotive)
You have to download the last update ( 12.2.5 ) and do an "update" in manual mode, that's what I did.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, 2016 Mercedes C450 AMG, 2014 Mercedes ML-350 Blutec, 2005 Heritage Softail
Occupation
IT Manager
I have been having problems with my lights...when driving they seem to randomly just cycle and shut off. The brights go on, then the headlights turn off the running lights turn off and I go completely dark on the outside of the jeep.

Checked and down loaded the latest firmware...12.2.4. Although the lights don't seem to just randomly shut off, the light show started coming on. I realized when I was using the cruise control when I hit the "RES" button to resume my speed the light show turns on. I can't use the resume button.

I went back to the website and saw there was another update, but my firmware update program doesn't recognize it and only shows the 12.2.4 and the 12.2.5 doesn't show available. Tried again this morning and I was successful in downloading and updating the Tazer to the new 12.2.5.

Any idea what is going on?
Just installed the 12.2.5 and it still does the same thing...when I hit resume the light show starts...I tried with and without Motion off and on.

I drive a 2020 JLUR Diesel.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
The automatic update does not work (we are at the end of the year and everyone is tired, even at Z-Automotive)
You have to download the last update ( 12.2.5 ) and do an "update" in manual mode, that's what I did.
The automatic update worked this morning.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
They probably fixed the problem on the server :like:

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would try to reprogram the quick access option for the resume button to nothing to see if that fixes it, at least temporarily.

Just installed the 12.2.5 and it still does the same thing...when I hit resume the light show starts...I tried with and without Motion off and on.

I drive a 2020 JLUR Diesel.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
I would try to reprogram the quick access option for the resume button to nothing to see if that fixes it, at least temporarily.
How do you remap the button to do that? Can't seem to figure it out. Thanks

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Per Z -
Be on audio menu. Make sure cruise is off.
hold right arrow. Press one of the 3 cruise buttons (other than cancel) repeatedly until you see “swaykill”. Let go. Now it’s set. As long as cruise is off it’ll work as swaykill. When cruise is on it’ll work as a cruise button.
You will basically just cycle thru options until you stop on one or it’s blank.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Per Z -

You will basically just cycle thru options until you stop on one or it’s blank.
I got it figured. The only thing that doesn't make sense is supposedly if you use the cruise control it isn't supposed to work the hot keys...well it does.

I am good for now...Thanks!

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement