Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
The automatic update does not work (we are at the end of the year and everyone is tired, even at Z-Automotive)
You have to download the last update ( 12.2.5 ) and do an "update" in manual mode, that's what I did.
Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I have been having problems with my lights...when driving they seem to randomly just cycle and shut off. The brights go on, then the headlights turn off the running lights turn off and I go completely dark on the outside of the jeep.

Checked and down loaded the latest firmware...12.2.4. Although the lights don't seem to just randomly shut off, the light show started coming on. I realized when I was using the cruise control when I hit the "RES" button to resume my speed the light show turns on. I can't use the resume button.

I went back to the website and saw there was another update, but my firmware update program doesn't recognize it and only shows the 12.2.4 and the 12.2.5 doesn't show available. Tried again this morning and I was successful in downloading and updating the Tazer to the new 12.2.5.

Any idea what is going on?
Just installed the 12.2.5 and it still does the same thing...when I hit resume the light show starts...I tried with and without Motion off and on.

I drive a 2020 JLUR Diesel.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
The automatic update does not work (we are at the end of the year and everyone is tired, even at Z-Automotive)
You have to download the last update ( 12.2.5 ) and do an "update" in manual mode, that's what I did.
The automatic update worked this morning.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
They probably fixed the problem on the server :like:

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would try to reprogram the quick access option for the resume button to nothing to see if that fixes it, at least temporarily.

Just installed the 12.2.5 and it still does the same thing...when I hit resume the light show starts...I tried with and without Motion off and on.

I drive a 2020 JLUR Diesel.

Sponsored

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Per Z -
Be on audio menu. Make sure cruise is off.
hold right arrow. Press one of the 3 cruise buttons (other than cancel) repeatedly until you see “swaykill”. Let go. Now it’s set. As long as cruise is off it’ll work as swaykill. When cruise is on it’ll work as a cruise button.
You will basically just cycle thru options until you stop on one or it’s blank.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Per Z -

You will basically just cycle thru options until you stop on one or it’s blank.
I got it figured. The only thing that doesn't make sense is supposedly if you use the cruise control it isn't supposed to work the hot keys...well it does.

I am good for now...Thanks!

Tazman

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon, 2017 Ram AEV 2500
radio Inoperative with Tazer installed. Updated firmware with version 11.2.5. I have a 2020 Jeep Rubicon JL 4 door. I have texted the customer service number but getting little response since it is Christmas Eve. I built this Jeep for my wife and this is her Christmas gift (Tazer) but I should of tested it sooner I guess?

Just after I posted this I found the issue. There was a bent pin on the small connector which allowed 2 pins to go in the same hole. I used a pick and straightened the pin which allowed the radio to come on. There was no resistance in the small plug to make me think there was a issue and it latched in place but this might be helpful to someone in the future.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
radio Inoperative with Tazer installed. Updated firmware with version 11.2.5. I have a 2020 Jeep Rubicon JL 4 door. I have texted the customer service number but getting little response since it is Christmas Eve. I built this Jeep for my wife and this is her Christmas gift (Tazer) but I should of tested it sooner I guess?
Did you do a full reboot when you were finished?

Sponsored

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
For those who have regeared and deleted the FAD, when you have to bring your jeep in to the dealership or are you still unmarrying it before bringing it in? I wasn’t too worried about it when I only changed the tire size but now that I have change the gear ratio and the FAD, I’m a bit nervous about driving it around town to drop it off at the dealership. I need to bring it in for the steering box TSB work which is the reason I am asking.

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
thanks! This is super helpful. Did the dealer say anything about ithe taser being married? I will plan on doing the same and keep my fingers crossed the dealer won’t give me crap about it.

I just had the TSB done right before christmas, and they did a recall that flashed the computer. I didnt unmarry but I did remove the tazer. I bought the extension cables and this was the perfect time to install them.

(extension cables)
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/sgw-extension-cable/

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
For those who have regeared and deleted the FAD, when you have to bring your jeep in to the dealership or are you still unmarrying it before bringing it in? I wasn’t too worried about it when I only changed the tire size but now that I have change the gear ratio and the FAD, I’m a bit nervous about driving it around town to drop it off at the dealership. I need to bring it in for the steering box TSB work which is the reason I am asking.
Part of the TSB is to re-flash one of computers. If the Tazer has part or all of the old specs in its memory, then those parts of the re-flash will be lost if you unmarry the Tazer at a later date. Unmarry the Tazer in the dealer's parking lot when you drop it off sounds like a good compromise.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.