Service electronic stability control

Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL
I will try this.. I don't see a pattern to the lights going on, if another issue is found I will post the solution.
Have you fixed your problem?

I have the exact problem with my 2018 Wrangler Sport. I took the car back to the dealership twice already. They spent 3 days on the car trying to figure the problem. But they have not! This is my 3rd Wrangler in 5 years. This is VERY FRUSTRATING!
Sponsored

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon

I have the exact problem with my 2018 Wrangler Sport. I took the car back to the dealership twice already. They spent 3 days on the car trying to figure the problem. But they have not! This is my 3rd Wrangler in 5 years. This is VERY FRUSTRATING!
Yes, they have to replace the vacuum pump. They replaced the fuse 3 times and made be pay the few bucks for the fuse each time and it would blow a month later. Once I got @JeepCares involved, the replaced the actual problem which was the vacuum pump.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Hi Blake,
We're sorry to hear that you have experienced this. Please send our team a PM if you need any assistance while working with your dealer.
Alex
JeepCares

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Anybody else experiencing this? Itā€™s happened to me twice in 6 months, goes away after I turn off and restart the engine. I checked that the fuses were seated.

My buddy has it come on almost constantly.

Any more current updates?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Anybody else experiencing this? Itā€™s happened to me twice in 6 months, goes away after I turn off and restart the engine. I checked that the fuses were seated.

My buddy has it come on almost constantly.

Any more current updates?
Hello Rufus,
We are sorry to hear about your ongoing concern. We suggest connecting with your certified dealer if you are unable to remedy this concern on your own or from the help of your fellow forum members. We are available via private message if you are in need of any additional assistance during this process.
Laura
JeepCares

Sponsored

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
I'm joining the club! First problem I've had at 16000 miles. Checked all fuses. Guess it's the vacuum pump. I'll call for service next week. Wifey's birthday and it still drives, no big deal.

rodend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ecoDiesel
@Mike326

Mike... First thing to do.. to try, is to take the cover off the power distribution center (by main battery) and push in firmly, each and every fuse in there. This alone may remedy the issue.

I promise you will find a few fuses not seated properly.
I have a brand new JL ecoDiesel.. didn't even have 100 miles on it and had the "Service Electronic Throttle control" message pop on... Figured I would check the fuses after reading here, and low and behold, MANY of the larger fuses were not seated properly. That seems to have fixed it and the message and CEL cleared

Thanks for the tip. I know it's not the same for everyone, but always good to check the easy things./

rodend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ecoDiesel
I have a brand new JL ecoDiesel.. didn't even have 100 miles on it and had the "Service Electronic Throttle control" message pop on... Figured I would check the fuses after reading here, and low and behold, MANY of the larger fuses were not seated properly. That seems to have fixed it and the message and CEL cleared

Thanks for the tip. I know it's not the same for everyone, but always good to check the easy things./
I spoke too soon, it appears. CEL for Service Electronic Throttle control came back on again after a short (less than 2 mile) drive. Sigh. Itā€™s back at the dealer and theyā€™re trying to figure out what the issue is.
I havenā€™t even owned it a week. Iā€™m hopeful they figure out the issue. I know on the forums we tend to hear the ā€œbad storiesā€ and not all the ones that were successfully fixed. I have to believe there are a number.

Iā€™m new to Jeep ownership but in the short time Iā€™ve had mine, I love it! Hoping for a solid fix

Andras

First Name
Andras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR4, Jeep Wrangler JL
Yes, they have to replace the vacuum pump. They replaced the fuse 3 times and made be pay the few bucks for the fuse each time and it would blow a month later. Once I got @JeepCares involved, the replaced the actual problem which was the vacuum pump.
had the same issue and more. initially intermittent stability control warning - dealer replaced fuses, and the vacuum pump.
A few days later the same stability control warning showed up, later it switched to "service 4wd system". Took it back to the dealer. They claim - based on the error code they get - jeep recommends to replace the transfer case (!!!!).
I'm under warranty - but still, find it very hard to believe that the transfer case needs to be replaced, maybe a sensor is faulty there, but replacing $5k worth of stuff?
On the top of it - transfer case is on back order, so I will not have the car back for months. And would not release the car back to me because they claim it's unsafe to drive (transfer case could lock the wheels). Seriously FCA - get your act together.

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I had this issue after taking my JL off road for the first time yesterday. I thought I had knocked something loose or broken a sensor.

I checked my fuse compartment under the hood, and several fuses were loose. Popped them all back in, and haven't had the lights since, after driving around the city for several miles.

Reactions: J0E

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I spoke too soon also. My lights came back on. They come on almost every other startup. Kinda strange. I'll have to research further.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well, I spoke too soon also. My lights came back on. They come on almost every other startup. Kinda strange. I'll have to research further.
If you're still experiencing concerns, qnet, we suggest visiting the dealer for diagnosis. Should you need any assistance, please let us know in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're still experiencing concerns, qnet, we suggest visiting the dealer for diagnosis. Should you need any assistance, please let us know in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I will, thank you.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dropping Jeep off tomorrow for the issue. Wish me luck.
Sponsored