Service electronic stability control

Mike326

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jl
I have a 2 week old less than 1,000 miles wrangler that has a service electronic stability control and a service auto start stop. Of course my local shop is 2 weeks out for appointments. Anybody deal with this before?

0CEF7DC0-32D7-4AB1-9AE8-4C4B90B32DA9.jpeg

41B7112B-14C5-4291-8D1A-06A9AFCAA876.jpeg

3B5D1352-2227-4B5C-80AE-15A0734F63DA.jpeg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Mike326

Mike... First thing to do.. to try, is to take the cover off the power distribution center (by main battery) and push in firmly, each and every fuse in there. This alone may remedy the issue.

I promise you will find a few fuses not seated properly.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I've had this pop up but only when using my trailer brakes/brake controller. When manually applying the trailer brake slide on the controller, I will get this message if I don't have the trailer attached.

OP
OP

Mike326

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jl
@Mike326

Mike... First thing to do.. to try, is to take the cover off the power distribution center (by main battery) and push in firmly, each and every fuse in there. This alone may remedy the issue.

You were spot on just checked the fuse box and found some loose fuses. Thanks a million

darkhorse

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
You were spot on just checked the fuse box and found some loose fuses. Thanks a million
I have 100 miles on my jl sport..exact same problem.. dealer replaced the vacuum pump as per code advice.. I drove it home.. within 30 min. the auto/stop..esc lights were back on.. I will try the fuses.. if no good I will try to get the dealer to commit to a jeep rep to walk a mechanic through the possible causes.Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored

darkhorse

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
@Mike326

I will try this.. I don't see a pattern to the lights going on, if another issue is found I will post the solution.

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have 5000 miles with no problems. Installed trailer brake controller yesterday with the 3014P adapter and now have the same warnings and cruise control does not work. I drove about 50 miles today with several stop starts without a trailer and the codes never cleared. When I got the jeep I pushed all the fuses in tight.
Anyone else have this problem? Has Jeep made the male half for the under dash receptacle that comes with the factory Tow Package?
If I have to go to the dealer, I would think that it should be warrantee because the factory did all the prewire. Was hoping for plug and play, not plug in and break.

darkhorse

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I have a 2 week old less than 1,000 miles wrangler that has a service electronic stability control and a service auto start stop. Of course my local shop is 2 weeks out for appointments. Anybody deal with this before?

I have 5000 miles with no problems. Installed trailer brake controller yesterday with the 3014P adapter and now have the same warnings and cruise control does not work. I drove about 50 miles today with several stop starts without a trailer and the codes never cleared. When I got the jeep I pushed all the fuses in tight.
Anyone else have this problem? Has Jeep made the male half for the under dash receptacle that comes with the factory Tow Package?
If I have to go to the dealer, I would think that it should be warrantee because the factory did all the prewire. Was hoping for plug and play, not plug in and break.
maybe you can let me know where you plugged in the trailer brake controller.. I may check that area to see if theres a problem there. or where it originates under the dash

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Turns out that the 30 amp fuse was blown. Must be linked somehow to cruise control.
Trailer brakes very well, very smooth, but I only used the brake peddle. I have not tried useing the trailer brakes only. This may cause some of the error codes that others have got. Jeep and teardrop trailer are usable now.
JL pulls stronger and smoother with more gears than my JK did. Seems hot under the hood, so I might look at opening up the hood vents.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Had the same issue, was a blown fuse but it came back after a month. Looks like I'll be taking another trip to the dealership!

Sponsored

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Had the same issue, was a blown fuse but it came back after a month. Looks like I'll be taking another trip to the dealership!
Well, after leaving my jeep at the dealership overnight, they had told me it was ready to pick up. They had told me it was a blown fuse which the warranty did not cover. It was like 14 bucks so I didn't make a big deal out of it. A couple of hours later the lights come back on. I keep telling the guys that its a vacuum line since the error is showing a vacuum error. Obviously something keeps blowing the fuse. Looks like I'll be going back...again!

Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL
I have the exact problem. First it was the service elec. stabilizer control. Then it was the start/stop control service light. I took to back to the dealership and left the car there for a whole day. They told me that they cannot find any problem. They reset the computer. The minute I was driving off dealership's parking lot, both lights are on again! They told me to go back tomorrow. This is my 3rd Wrangler in 5 years. I love Wranglers. But this is very frustrating. I missed a whole day's work for nothing. This should not happen.

Reactions: J0E

Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL

Have you fixed your problem? I have the exact problem with my 2018 Wrangler Sport. I took the car back to the dealership twice already. They spent 3 days on the car trying to figure the problem. But they have not! This is my 3rd Wrangler in 5 years. This is VERY FRUSTRATING!

Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL
Well, after leaving my jeep at the dealership overnight, they had told me it was ready to pick up. They had told me it was a blown fuse which the warranty did not cover. It was like 14 bucks so I didn't make a big deal out of it. A couple of hours later the lights come back on. I keep telling the guys that its a vacuum line since the error is showing a vacuum error. Obviously something keeps blowing the fuse. Looks like I'll be going back...again!
Have you fixed your problem?

I have the exact problem with my 2018 Wrangler Sport. I took the car back to the dealership twice already. They spent 3 days on the car trying to figure the problem. But they have not! This is my 3rd Wrangler in 5 years. This is VERY FRUSTRATING!
Sponsored