Rubicon vs Moab

Which one should I get?

• Total voters

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
I couldn't care less about Rubi vs. MOAB but I do wish more of you assholes would buy two door and manual transmission Jeeps because I don't want those to go away. The JK was the beginning of the end for the particular configuration of Wrangler that I prefer..
I guess many people like the practicality of the four door and have an eye for eventually reselling it. Two door with manual tranny...You've eliminated 90% of buyers already. Not everyone is planning to be buried in their Jeep.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I guess many people like the practicality of the four door and have an eye for eventually reselling it. Two door with manual tranny...You've eliminated 90% of buyers already. Not everyone is planning to be buried in their Jeep.
I plan on keeping mine long after it’s paid off but I understand what you’re saying.

I just hope enough people keep buying them so Jeep doesn’t discontinue them.

Dice23

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2 door Jeep Wrangler Sport S with a 2 1/2” lift and 35 inch tires
Occupation
Clerk on the NYSE
Vehicle Showcase
I've said this before on another thread but I do care what other people buy insofar as it eventually impacts the direction of the market and the options I will have available down the road. With regard to Wranglers, I couldn't care less about Rubi vs. MOAB but I do wish more of you assholes would buy two door and manual transmission Jeeps because I don't want those to go away. The JK was the beginning of the end for the particular configuration of Wrangler that I prefer. Take rates on the two door / MT Jeeps has been in decline since '07 which means eventually it'll disappear and I'll have to keep really old Jeeps running. I'm young enough to have to worry about this.

I certainly don't take any individual's purchase personally though. I have a friend who's thinking of getting a JLU and I'm absolutely encouraging him. Rather he buy a Jeep than some Ford or Chevy.
I agree! I’ve owned an 85 CJ-7 4 speed, a 2004 TJ 5 speed, a 2016 JK 6 speed, and ordered a 6 speed JL. All my Jeep Wranglers have been 2 doors and manual. I guess the only Wrangler that I decided to get 2 door was the JK, but if I bought the 4 door it would have been a manual. It would be a dark day if they announced no more manuals will be made. We need more manual buyers like you to ensure that day never comes. I apologize with my comments about the Rubicon and Moab. For each their own. Peace!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If anything gets rid of the manual transmission it will be emissions standards and legislation moving toward automation in driving for “public safety”. A manual trans doesn’t play with auto driving features.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
In the Wrangler, 4 door was the only consideration. In a truck (especially the Gladiator) I prefer a 2 door. If Jeep ever decides to mass produce that prototype J6, my JL is as good as gone.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha.

o3m7e.jpg

Rickg667

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 62 CJ-5, 54 m38a1, 52 m38a1c
Hello, I’m the next few days I am looking to buy a wrangler jlu. I will be using it for heavy deep snow and other off-roading conditions (parts of rubicon possibly etc.) my price range is around 52 msrp and naturally the Moab and rubicon seem like good options. I like the leather and steel bumpers on Moab standard and the rubicon for that price point doesn’t have that. Also the v6 is normally in the Moab which I like. The rubicon however has lockers which I’m not sure their necessity and a slightly different ride height with bigger tires. I don’t loook to do to many modifications to either. If anyone has any input that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
In my opinion the MOAB is another way of clearing out extra parts so to speak... not sure here but they remind me of the bunch of jk special editions that were a mishmash of parts... I would go Rubicon and option it the way you want. The steel bumpers... I have them and am debating aftermarket options... they aren’t all that and add 200 bucks for a winch plate...

Sponsored