Moab on highway VS Sahara

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Do the shocks and springs on the Moab cause it to have a harsher street ride than the Sahara?
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I would lean towards saying a little bit. I test drove a few Sahara's and liked the ride, ended up ordering a Moab without driving one (dealer didn't have any). It's a little stiffer I guess since it has the Rubicon shocks and springs, but I wouldn't say it's enough of a difference to base a purchasing decision on it (at least in my opinion).

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I put Rubicon shocks on my Sahara. I barely notice a difference. However, the stiffer ride felt better.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget that the Moab comes with MTs and the Sahara comes with duellers .That alone will make a decent difference .
Bridgestone Dueller is only one of the tires that the Sahara comes with. Mine has Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar. Not that the Kevlar does much other than protect against sidewall rubbing... I had a flat tire from a chunk of scrap metal near my shop... :facepalm:

I am curious as to the how the KM2s effect the overall fuel economy of the MOAB though.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
This is subjective, but the KM2 tires are the worst tires I've ever had on a Jeep. Noisy as hell, wear like crap, don't perform well at all on rainy/snowy roads, and honestly aren't a great mud tire either. Just utter garbage. And, the size they put on the Moab is the smallest tire offered on ANY model of the JL when you measure them in person. It just boggles my mind why they used that tire on such an expensive model.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
This is subjective, but the KM2 tires are the worst tires I've ever had on a Jeep. Noisy as hell, wear like crap, don't perform well at all on rainy/snowy roads, and honestly aren't a great mud tire either. Just utter garbage. And, the size they put on the Moab is the smallest tire offered on ANY model of the JL when you measure them in person. It just boggles my mind why they used that tire on such an expensive model.
The tire is the biggest boggle of the Jeep models.

Moab Owner: I don't need lockers or that offroad rubicon stuff.
Also Moab owner: I have mud terrains stock.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
:stop: Ok, who said this first, as I just read it in another thread, it’s word for word, some copy rights infringements going on. :bandit:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The tire is the biggest boggle of the Jeep models.

Moab Owner: I don't need lockers or that offroad rubicon stuff.
Also Moab owner: I have mud terrains stock.
Ya know... because Mud Terrain tires wouldn't ever benefit anyone....

img_1157-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Ya know... because Mud Terrain tires wouldn't ever benefit anyone....

img_1157-jpg.jpg
Listen I'm not trying to troll, im just stating the fact that some Moab owners are quick to dismiss everything a Rubicon has as unnecessary because they won't use it / Rock crawl / daily drive / etc but they have the least road friendly tires of the bunch. It's more of a jab at the package that Jeep made for the Moab . Should have included AT instead Imho

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
:stop: Ok, who said this first, as I just read it in another thread, it’s word for word, some copy rights infringements going on. :bandit:
Got a link?

Either somebody is a copy cat, or it's just that a LOT of people don't like that tire.

And besides, the KM2 is discontinued (because it sucked) and the KM3 is out. So why is FCA using the KM2 anyhow??

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got a link?

Either somebody is a copy cat, or it's just that a LOT of people don't like that tire.

And besides, the KM2 is discontinued (because it sucked) and the KM3 is out. So why is FCA using the KM2 anyhow??
I’m not disagreeing with you, just thought it was odd seeing same post in 2 different places, by 2 different people, it’s in Moab.... I just don’t understand, thread page 26, quote #383.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Yeah I've seen km2 tires on the trail often around here and I was never impressed with them not to mention they're sized like a bias ply tire lol.

I love the km3 looks but I'm waiting for real world reviews before I plunk down cash and have it be just a better looking version of the km2.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got a link?

your comment about KM2 tires was screenshotted and pasted to a different MOAB thread.
Sponsored