tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I like the look, but I’m wondering if it will stay in place with rain, snow, washing, etc. What do you think?
Currently experiencing all that is listed! Holding up so far this week.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Awesome product Oracle. Had to sand down the driver light but it fit without forcing too hard. Wired my mine to aux panel. Great light output.

51F0B95D-0C6C-4257-8B7B-70581D8CAEE7.jpeg
Curious how you ran yours to the Aux panel. I did the same, but interested how others may have done it.

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Curious how you ran yours to the Aux panel. I did the same, but interested how others may have done it.
I ran them up the passenger frame rail to a hole right by the ground attachment behind the wheel well liner. Then ran it up to the aux panel lead and ground by the battery. With the bumper off, it was an easy fish.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
I wanted to thank @ORACLElights for making the cracked light situation right for me. They sent me a replacement light. Company's that stand behind the product means a lot to me.

Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
I ran them up the passenger frame rail to a hole right by the ground attachment behind the wheel well liner. Then ran it up to the aux panel lead and ground by the battery. With the bumper off, it was an easy fish.
Thanks what gauge wire did you use?

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks what gauge wire did you use?
14 but it was bigger than necessary.
I just happend to have it.
Think the lights only draw 1.8 amps total.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I wanted to thank @ORACLElights for making the cracked light situation right for me. They sent me a replacement light. Company's that stand behind the product means a lot to me.
Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your comment! :like:

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Same, had a production defect and they are sending me out a new one! Great customer service for sure.
Thank you for sharing your feedback here!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Had condensation in the passenger side rear lamp. Oracle contacted me and sent me a replacement all in quick order. Refreshing to see a stand-up company nowadays! Thanks!
Appreciate your kind words! We are always here for our Jeep people ;)

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Installed mine this weekend, just a few thoughts:

- The lights seem solid, light output is very nice

- The install on a steel bumper is totally possible (as others have mentioned) without pulling the bumper, I feel like this should be mentioned more clearly in the install instructions, you can use a long extension to just straight shot to the bolts from behind the bumper, it's a little tricker, but works fine

- If doing the above I would recommend threading the little Oracle bolts that hold the lights into the bumper once prior to doing the install just to loosen things up a bit, it makes it way easier when they go in smoothly when using the extension to reach over etc.

- @ORACLElights I really had to grind off A LOT to get the driver's side to fit (and still doesn't fully fit flush like passenger side). One area seemed I was through the metal almost back to black plastic maybe?

- @ORACLElights I feel the solution for those with steel bumpers isn't great... you guys could easily offer to grind these for customers to make things right... in the end your R&D wasn't thorough without testing on both bumper types. Could easily offer maybe a paid option/upgrade to grind the light for people.

- @ORACLElights at the very least fix your install video! The video when showing where to grind is not correct, this is not helpful and confusing as to which light is shown and takes some time to decipher what's happening, at least make a clear guide of where to grind and where the issue is for people... to me it appears the video shows the passenger's side light AND it's upside down, fix this a make clear instructions for customers, this takes 5 minutes to do right (see screenshot, the video) ... unless I am missing something totally obvious?

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.23.57 AM

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Thank you for the feedback and bringing up these points.

The install on a steel bumper is totally possible (as others have mentioned) without pulling the bumper, I feel like this should be mentioned more clearly in the install instructions,
- Yes, you are correct and our original video showed how to do the installation without removing the bumper. We received criticism for suggesting the installation could be done without removing the bumper so we deleted that installation video and re-uploaded showing the bumper removal process on the recommendation of members here.

1) Because the factory stamp does not seem to be precise some may have to grind off more than others. It depends on your particular bumper.

2) See above, unfortunately it is not that easy.

3) Our installation video does not recommend or show grinding of any type. You may be referring to a member's video we added to our site to provide additional feedback based on a independent user's installation experience. Again, there seems to be an evident lack of precision in the factory stamp. Because of this where this member showed grinding may not be where you need to grind on your particular bumper.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Thank you for the feedback and bringing up these points.

- Yes, you are correct and our original video showed how to do the installation without removing the bumper. We received criticism for suggesting the installation could be done without removing the bumper so we deleted that installation video and re-uploaded showing the bumper removal process on the recommendation of members here.

1) Because the factory stamp does not seem to be precise some may have to grind off more than others. It depends on your particular bumper.

2) See above, unfortunately it is not that easy.

3) Our installation video does not recommend or show grinding of any type. You may be referring to a member's video we added to our site to provide additional feedback based on a independent user's installation experience. Again, there seems to be an evident lack of precision in the factory stamp. Because of this where this member showed grinding may not be where you need to grind on your particular bumper.
Thanks for the reply! Just my opinion but...

- Your video says at 00:49 "If your jeep doesn't have a trailer hitch you don't have to take off the bumper" ... this implies if you do have a hitch that you do. I have a steel bumper and hitch and removal was not necessary. The installation shown is on a non-steel bumper which looks very different from behind than the steel, would be helpful to have a video showing the steel bumper.

- Your PDF also is not clear... does the bumper need or not need to be removed? It doesn't even mention the topic or what kind of bumper is shown... I was kind of surprised after reading your PDF prior to purchase when I got under my Jeep and looked to see mine looked nothing even close to what was shown here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1766/0599/files/5874-504_Instructions.pdf?v=1607107495

- I don't know, it just seems like an odd claim to blame Jeep that every steel bumper can vary so much on one reflector vs on the right side its always fine, doesn't quite add up, seems that you could offer what I mentioned and grind these down smaller as much as possible to be conservative for fitment on bumpers that even need more of the light housing removed... just offering a suggestion as I can't picture the average consumer taking a dremel to their lights or bumper and then having to paint them to prevent rust.

- Your product page says "Note: Will require some additional modification for Metal Bumpers Watch Video" and then you link to a video. Doesn't matter who made the video, you are using it as part of your official installation materials for steel bumpers. You can see in my previous screenshot that when the video instructs where to grind, the video is upside down AND of the wrong reflector... it is not even the driver's side. I'm just saying it would take 5 mins for you guys to make proper documentation for steel bumper owners with a proper photo and recommendations on how to proceed

Anyways, just beating a dead horse. It's a very nice set of lights, and after all the R&D and investment just seems like you guys are stopping just short of the finish line, all that's really needed is some better documentation/video and perhaps an option to not require people to grind their own lights by offering it on your end.
Sponsored