Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Has anyone been able to do this install without removing the bumper? Seems like removing the bumper is a necessary step. There just is not enough clearance to try to remove that bolt let alone put a new one in.
I was able to install the lights without removing the bumper. However, it was a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!

The challenge was accessing the tiny screw behind the reflector, you will need an extension for your ratchet and universal joint on your socket. While I could eventually get the factory screws off I was UNABLE to screw the Oracle replacement screws into the back of the new lamps. I just said FUCK IT since they snapped in firmly. I think I will pop then out and shoot a dab or two of Gorilla Glue in there just for peace of mind.

FYI.. Oracle's overly fast video is pathetic and is a rush job, their instructions are pretty pathetic too.

For your own sanity remove the bumper.

While the lights seem quality and hands down an improvement over factory, the short wires, chinsy connectors, lousy instructions and even lousier video left such a sour taste in my mouth I will probably never purchase another Oracle product.
Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone been able to do this install without removing the bumper? Seems like removing the bumper is a necessary step. There just is not enough clearance to try to remove that bolt let alone put a new one in.
I'm curious about this also.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
I just pulled my steel bumper tonight, really makes it much easier. I think you could pull it off leaving it but it would not be fun. The new screw needs to go in perfect too. I think you would have a good chance of cross threading with the bumper in place. I tested mine and they work great. I am using the AUX for my install. I still need to run the wire to the back of the rig. I will do that tomorrow.

The bumper comes off very easy, there are two bolts that are tough to get too, at least with tools I have. I needed to do the tiny wrench moves to get them off, other than that easy removal.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
@klhjeep2018 I want to use the hitch wires as well when I install mine. Are yours working fine using this attachment point? Is there any reason why going all the way to the taillight housing would be preferable? The only thing I can think of might be that attaching inside the taillight would be waterproof?
I have completed the install except for the wiring connections. I will be using the taillight housing area for this reason alone. I also wanted a dry place to mount my two source diode (so I can power the light with either the aux switch or when backing.

Sponsored

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Not sure if any of you are aware, but FedEx and UPS have the right to refuse packages do to high volume, USPS does not. They exercised this right this year and all excess went to USPS. This, plus the high volume due to Covid-19, has led to the delays many of you are experiencing.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
I have completed the install except for the wiring connections. I will be using the taillight housing area for this reason alone. I also wanted a dry place to mount my two source diode (so I can power the light with either the aux switch or when backing.
Do you have a link for the diodes you will use?

ralphgb

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
I installed these on both my JLU Sahara (plastic rear bumper) and by wife's JL Rubicon (metal bumper) over the weekend. There was no way my big, clumsy hands were ever going to access those fastening screws behind the reflectors, so I removed the bumpers; good decision in retrospect. It was very easy to install the lights with the bumpers out.

I also wired to the towing hitch instead of the tail lights on both Jeeps. It was easy - I ran each passenger side wire over to the driver's side, cut and stripped the driver's side wire to match length, soldered them together at the spade connector. Shrink tubing used wherever appropriate. After reinstalling the bumpers, I connected to the wiring taps (Orange/White or power, Black for ground). Agree with the previous comment that the spade connectors are weak and difficult to connect to the wiring taps - needle nose pliers helped a lot..

Everything worked as expected. The lights are super bright and are a huge improvement over stock. Very nice product, @ORACLElights!

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
@klhjeep2018 I want to use the hitch wires as well when I install mine. Are yours working fine using this attachment point? Is there any reason why going all the way to the taillight housing would be preferable? The only thing I can think of might be that attaching inside the taillight would be waterproof?
I used shrink tubing and liquid electrical tape followed by conventional electric tape and wire ties I think that should be good I’ve never had any issues doing that in the past and I soldered all the connections.

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if any of you are aware, but FedEx and UPS have the right to refuse packages do to high volume, USPS does not. They exercised this right this year and all excess went to USPS. This, plus the high volume due to Covid-19, has led to the delays many of you are experiencing.

I worked as a UPS Drlivery Driver and this is false. UPS does NOT turn away random customers or small business due to volume. They only set and cap limits on SIX HUGE retailers like Nike, Gap, LL Bean etc and only for cyber Monday. Oracle does not meet that threshold and shipped after Cyber Monday.

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Calling BS on this

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
@ORACLElights I apologize for one more comment - I promise it will be my last on this topic as I too will concede to sit back and hope that sometime in the future my order will arrive.
Are there many logical consumers out there that buy a $100 item 30-60 days in advance of a tentative date of availability that forego an offer of free shipping and pay an additional $10 - $30 for shipping to presumably receive said item two or three days sooner? Your continuing to state that being an option to shift the blame of an inept USPS to a poor decision by the consumer is a bit disheartening.
Still no hard feelings on my part, I’m just anxious to finally get to see my way while reversing my Jeep at night!
No blame on you, just mentioning the options since you commented on having issues before with USPS. Customers have different needs and levels of comfort with different carriers. Nevertheless, we're sure you'll get your product soon and enjoy having new lights! Like before, feel free to DM us to file the claim if you don't see any movement within 10 business days of Wednesday. We are excited for these to get to you soon.

Definitely possible! If you are worried about performing the installation, you certainly can remove it to give yourself more room to work.

I was able to install the lights without removing the bumper. However, it was a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!

The challenge was accessing the tiny screw behind the reflector, you will need an extension for your ratchet and universal joint on your socket. While I could eventually get the factory screws off I was UNABLE to screw the Oracle replacement screws into the back of the new lamps. I just said FUCK IT since they snapped in firmly. I think I will pop then out and shoot a dab or two of Gorilla Glue in there just for peace of mind.

FYI.. Oracle's overly fast video is pathetic and is a rush job, their instructions are pretty pathetic too.

For your own sanity remove the bumper.

While the lights seem quality and hands down an improvement over factory, the short wires, chinsy connectors, lousy instructions and even lousier video left such a sour taste in my mouth I will probably never purchase another Oracle product.
I'm sorry to hear that you encountered such trouble here. Our team included everything deemed necessary in the guide and video, and our technical team is available to assist by email or phone. We are open if you have addition-suggestions you'd like us to share with them. Thanks for your insight, and we hope the lights are worth it!

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No blame on you, just mentioning the options since you commented on having issues before with USPS. Customers have different needs and levels of comfort with different carriers. Nevertheless, we're sure you'll get your product soon and enjoy having new lights! Like before, feel free to DM us to file the claim if you don't see any movement within 10 business days of Wednesday. We are excited for these to get to you soon.

Definitely possible! If you are worried about performing the installation, you certainly can remove it to give yourself more room to work.

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered such trouble here. Our team included everything deemed necessary in the guide and video, and our technical team is available to assist by email or phone. We are open if you have addition-suggestions you'd like us to share with them. Thanks for your insight, and we hope the lights are worth it!
I appreciate your efforts here not only with the product itself also but with the monitoring this site and being receptive to both suggestion and criticism. Your instructions/video while "good enough" could be better - which is my main complaint.

I like the product itself and it exceeded my expectations for performance and price. I wired each lamp to the corresponding tail lamp. With that being said and per your request, here are my suggestions:

1) Improve your online instructions - list tools/supplies needed, recommend removing the rear bumper and add a step-by-step in your instructions to include the removal.

2) Improve your video - slow it down, and make it correlate with your instructions and show each and every step along the way. Your current video seemed more like an 30 sec advertisement for Instagram.

3) Extend the wiring six inches - I had a helper to hold the wires for me so I was able to make due.

4) Replace the wire connectors with a better product and add some heat shrink to waterproof the final connection. The current connectors are difficult to manipulate and the clear plastic ends look nice but are worthless. If it is too late to include the better connectors, shrink wrap or whatever, at least recommend them in your instructions.

I believe that you could update your online instructions and video easily, just remember we are not all mechanics. This SHOULD be a simple install that anyone with the appropriate tools can accomplish in a couple of hours or less.

You all did a decent job developing this product at an affordable price point, initial and follow-up communication was better than most companies, shipping was fine for me (USPS), and the lights work as advertised! I have no complaints on the construction or light output of these lights whatsoever.

Thanks!

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Lights all installed. I hooked them up to the AUX switch. I ran the wire thru the frame. Looks very nice.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights IMG_0971
Sponsored