First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I've been pulled over twice in the last 6 months by same trooper in my JL. He never gives me a ticket but always gives my rear fender a fist bump on the way back to his patrol car. Wtf ?:LOL:
Hahahaha that’s the weirdest post I’ve ever seen. Dude you better not pull over in a desolate area. You might wind up like Ned Beatty in Deliverance.
Advertisement

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
All kidding aside, I think it’s a police thing. Something where they put fingerprints on your vehicle in case something goes bad they can prove that said officer pulled you over.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
All kidding aside, I think it’s a police thing. Something where they put fingerprints on your vehicle in case something goes bad they can prove that said officer pulled you over.
Yes, considered old school where an officer touches your rear fender when they approach the vehicle. With dashcams and such nowadays most officers no longer do this. But I was pulled over twice by a female highway patrol officer over the course of 10 years when I lived in a rural area. She was much younger than me but I watched her touch the fender on each approach which I thought was funny.

DaltonGang

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I've seen some people have a fit, if their car is even touched, on a traffic stop. Those people "Will" get tickets. These are the same people that want to argue over what they were pulled over for. Usually they would just get a warning, and a "Have a nice day". But, if you act like a fool, well, "I will see you in court". What some people don't understand is, you will waste two days, going to court, and miss work. I will get paid.
Attitude goes a long way.

AtlanticOverland

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@minisoda I am not sure what the law is in Minnesota but before you go purchasing extended fenders, make sure there is no ridiculous rules against extended fenders like there is in PA. I have wheels/tires which extend beyond the fender so I can only purchase wheels that fit under the fenders because extended fenders won't pass inspection here.

Advertisement

Morris 4x4 Center

Advertisement