jack0351

jack0351

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2013 Ram 3500, 2000 HD FXST,
As mentioned on some other threads, my 2020 JLU Willys has arrived at the dealership. I posted a couple of pictures in the original post since it was mentioned this thread was click bait. There will be more pictures tomorrow (10/23) when I go and pick it up. From order to delivery, it took two weeks, so I may go out and buy a lottery ticket as well.

No major mods are currently planned, although if I can get the V.A. to reimburse me for part of it, there may be mods after all!! If that goes through, there will be some RSE step sliders so that my mother and my child can get in and out easier (me too).

Tomorrow about 1 eastern I will be sitting down with the dealership to hammer out final issues and finish paperwork.

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
How is the ride on those Firestone Destination tires? Willys is a contender for me when I’m ready to order in a couple months. Haven’t had a chance to drive one yet and I’m curious how loud / responsive those more aggressive tires are. Nice ride man!

OP
OP
jack0351

jack0351

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doing nearly all on pavement driving, the MTs handle good (great for MTs) and are not all that loud. They shine on muddy terrain, although I haven't done any significant off roading. What I mean is that the lugs grab appropriately in a muddy situation- Where I turn around in my driveway tends to get soupy with rain, and the only issue I run into is that you ALWAYS get tracks left behind if the ground is the least bit damp. My wife will call me out on it hours later when she leaves for work "did you turn around in the yard today? I can see tracks...:"

OP
OP
jack0351

jack0351

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First significant outlay of money- I bought the Hotheads Headliners for the Jeep today. I got the entire goober package- Side windows and Sound Assassins. Everything up to this point has been less than $100.
Sponsored