Onboard Air Mounts

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
On my 2019 JLR I used the M.O.R.E mount for an ARB twin compressor inside the cab behind the driver's seat. Then I moved the same compressor to an under the passenger seat mount on a 2020 JT Mojave. And then I moved the same compressor again to an under hood mount on my 2021 JLUR, using the Grimm Off Road mounting kit.

The Grimm off road mounting kit is the most complete kit, and mounts the compressor in the best place, that is easiest to use, and doesn't make a lot of noise or heat in the cab.
I really like this setup and it works with the aftermarket fenders I want. Another perk, you get this option with an SPOD mount.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
This is the system I used.
With hind sight I might have gone for ARB's twin compressor, but the single compressor works fine for me. Good luck.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
With the under seat options, how does that hold up if it rains while the top is off? Or when you're crossing some water and the interior floods?

Someone is bound to think I'm messing around but it's not uncommon for the floor of my Jeep to have water in it, it's just how I use it (as a boat, apparently). Assuming I don't run the compressor while it's flooded, will a compressor like the ARB survive the way I use my Jeep? Would an underhood compressor be better off?

I was thinking of mounting one to the underside of my diabolical slip stream. I have no idea if that'll work, or how well it'll work but it keeps it out of sight, somewhat secured and out of the way, and in my case out of most of the water/dust/dirt.

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
While I like the look of the one that mounts under the seat and has the splitter I canā€™t see it being that nice to use during a typical winter day in Alberta. Iā€™m pretty happy with the Grimm off-road mount , itā€™s discrete, practical and space efficient.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
I went with the ARB underseat on our JL and JT.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I installed my ARB dual under the passenger seat using the ARB underseat mount. I didn't need the manifold for air lockers, so I reduce the amount of material removed from the lower vent. I run my AC on floor mode to cool the compressor while running it. It stays cleaner, drier and is out of sight.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
As others have posted, I went with the ARB Twin using the Grimm Off Road underhood mount. The only thing I did different and since I do live in Hells Acres, (AKA Arizona) I added some additional heat shielding to the included heat shield as well as use heat shield sleeves on all lines. Could not be happier with this setup!

Jeep Wrangler JL Onboard Air Mounts IMG_2064

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Like this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Onboard Air Mounts 1637595796694
There's always a clown in the crowd somewhere. šŸ˜†

I've got one of these and definitely like the portability. But it'd be nice to have a good mounted compressor, especially tucked away somewhere to optimize available space.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Yep, rolls forward and backward just fine. (It's tight though, your hose management needs to be on point) I was able to fit my ham radio under the same seat as well. Just barely. But it fits.
Can you confirm that the seat will roll/flip forward on a 2-door?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Can you confirm that the seat will roll/flip forward on a 2-door?
I canā€™t see any reason why it wouldnā€™t work with a 2 door. The compressor is entirely under the seat. Also, the seller has confirmed fitment as itā€™s listed for both two and four doors

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I canā€™t see any reason why it wouldnā€™t work with a 2 door. The compressor is entirely under the seat. Also, the seller has confirmed fitment as itā€™s listed for both two and four doors
FYI: The seat track is different on the 2-door, due to the tilt-forward mechanism. I've seen other accessories that aren't 2-door seat track compatible.
Sponsored