Sponsored

Must have accessories

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Some of the responses don't seem to be accessories, but in those terms I added Rubicon takeoff tires and suspension, and front mud flaps.

In terms of accessories for general driving, I've added sunglasses and a long iphone charge cable. I do mostly long trips, I carry a small cardboard box on the passenger seat so I can throw misc. junk in it while I'm driving.

I don't find that I need anything else.

Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, the first and most important accessory that should be added to a Jeep is a recovery/snatch strap. Preferably one with a degree of elasticity and not a tow strap or any strap with any metal hooks on either end.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
In a large urban city or area I'd start with a Bolt hood lock keyed the same as your doors, locking wheel lugs for all 5 wheels, and Mopar locking gas cap keyed the same as your door. Rubber winter mats and some paint protection film would be next. And a screen protector for the radio.
These are exactly the first things I got.

The next installs were on board air and sway bar disconnects, because before you mod anything else those two things are the common denominator of going off road. I went a little crazy and got the Innovative AT 4-tire air system and the Apex AutoLynx. I figured that the easier something is to do the more likely it is I will do it. Both products have been excellent so far.

The next install was a new front bumper and winch. But really, some of your first buys should be recovery gear.

I have no plans to lift my Jeep or put bigger tires on it until I have wheeled this stock Willys to its maximum, which I may never hit.

Gmot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Billet Silver

Sponsored

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
IMO, the first and most important accessory that should be added to a Jeep is a recovery/snatch strap. Preferably one with a degree of elasticity and not a tow strap or any strap with any metal hooks on either end.
Do you happen to have any recommendations for one? I want to pick one up before spring time.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I already shared my wisdom on another thread, but since it is being asked again, here it is: you will need extra-strength anti-acid after you talk to your Jeep dealer.

Now with smooth, creamy vanilla taste.
Jeep Wrangler JL Must have accessories 1642184392683

Keep it in the center console.

You are welcome!

Last edited:

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Bestop Sunrider in twill. It replaces the 2 panels above driver and passenger and it is great!

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to have any recommendations for one? I want to pick one up before spring time.
If you want to go fancy, you can go with something like a Bubba or Voodoo ropes. ARB makes a great strap with elastic qualities and is a little more affordable but with no less quality. There are tons of ropes on Quadratec or even Amazon that you can find by looking up kinetic rope or recovery rope but I'd probably be more picky with any generic ones to make sure that there are enough positive reviews that might justify any savings. Personally, I have one that I got that was an old strap for pulling airplanes (although that one doesn't have as much elasticity, so I'm a little more careful with it) and a Smittybilt that I got as a door prize and has worked well enough for a couple of years. But when I get back into trail riding again more frequently, I'm going to start looking again to see what else I may have missed in the last couple of years.
Sponsored